Microsoft Surface

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Photo%2028-8-14%203%2025%2033%20pm.jpg

Finally.....

Ray1976

Reaction score
Just came back from Comex 2014, for those who just want to go and grab a unit...the 3 exclusive retailers, The Challenger, Newstead and Harvey Norman ALL GOT STOCK...so no need to make a last minute pre-order with Microsoft store! I encouraged everyone to get it from Comex instead as you get freebies and even get to spin the wheel - and I just got a $30 Capital Voucher to spend. If you order from the store, there is no such "freebies".

Reached Suntec City at about 12.45pm and the to my expectation, crowd size for day 1 is considered "ok". So you can literally talk to the sales chap for a longer time to bargain for better deals. I got it from Newstead...and there is a bubbly chap who is the "Microsoft Ambassador"...polite and helpful...but a bit Ah-Beng.

Core i7 model will be coming in later in the evening today AFTER 7pm according to the Newstead sales chap that assisted me...so if you want to get the i7 version, you can drop by after work OR to play safe, get it tomorrow afternoon.

So let's dispel the fear that there is no stock...I dun even understand why would anyone want to place a pre-order when you can get it at Comex. Price wise - no change but depending which retailer you go...freebies a bit different.

By the way, the power adaptor cost a bomb! I though I can get a brick for my office but it cost $109 (with GST)...WTF! There's a variety of type 2 covers with different colors as well. I got the matte black version.

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
My SP3 arrived 1 hour ago-Central region. Digitizer Pen writing is so far so good, I like it over the Note 10.1 2014 Ed. Much smoother.

Last edited:

quailmaster

Reaction score
Yeah should have just bought at COMEX ..
Windows 8 quite different from win 7. e.g..looks like will need more time to get use to it

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who bought student discount without edu account. Do you make purchase first then send to stuver or vice versa? Thanks.

Ray1976

Reaction score
On the phone with microsoft CS now. Was told still pending tracking number! Probably getting my Surface pro only next week.

Told her how come people who buy later are getting today and she say she is unable to know this and she will check. So now on hold on the phone.Told her that the CS assured me that the surface pro will be sent by today and that was the CS over the live chat yesterday.

Simply ....

Haha...her name is Joyce, she didn't really know about the availability of the stock..was talking to her over the phone yesterday evening...talk so long and nothing concrete about the stock (quantity) for Comex...she "enticed" me to order from the store citing that it will be the SAFEST and SUREST way to get the Surface Pro 3...I told her I'd rather take my chances and head down to Comex to check out...

LUCKILY I resisted and now I got a better deal compared if I placed an order from the store. Phew! :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.