Microsoft Surface

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88060396 said:
Hello everyone!

Here's an update to the small MO I'm trying to organize.

I've found a new product that is waaaaaay cheaper and wouldn't alter the looks of your beautifully designed SP3 (its transparent). I'm kind of keen on getting this or the other one from iCarbons as I've mentioned earlier.

Please do indicate your interests by adding your name below, I hope to close this by the end of this month. Indicate if you're keen on which one or you're fine with either or you want BOTH.

I will order the one that has the majority of people :).

Hope to get around 10 people to share the shipping cost! I'm going to use the fastest shipping methods (usually DHL) from the respective companies so that we don't have to wait forever for free shipping.

---

XtremeGuard

Products:

Estimated Cost: 90% off the list price of whatever you're ordering + Shipping. Add $3.99 if you want the an installation kit
FAQ about XtremeGuard Products: https://www.xtremeguard.com/help.asp

Note: SP reported to have issues with the pen cause its not glass. I recommend getting only the back protector/carbon fiber, but its your decision! (See: here and here)

If your item is listed as US$29.90, the actual cost to you is only 29.90*0.1 = US$2.99. There is a promo code :)

Expected Delivery: Early 2nd Week of September

Batch #1

Batch #2

like to have black back cover pls

Nirvani

Reaction score
Posting from my surface pro 3!! Awesome device.. but the keyboard sure picks up a lot of fingerprints.

echoblue

Reaction score
v798hEO.jpg

This is the $40 messenger bag??? :s22: really........

More like 4$ worth! Terrible

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Comex 2014, for those who just want to go and grab a unit...the 3 exclusive retailers, The Challenger, Newstead and Harvey Norman ALL GOT STOCK...so no need to make a last minute pre-order with Microsoft store! I encouraged everyone to get it from Comex instead as you get freebies and even get to spin the wheel - and I just got a $30 Capital Voucher to spend. If you order from the store, there is no such "freebies".

Reached Suntec City at about 12.45pm and the to my expectation, crowd size for day 1 is considered "ok". So you can literally talk to the sales chap for a longer time to bargain for better deals. I got it from Newstead...and there is a bubbly chap who is the "Microsoft Ambassador"...polite and helpful...but a bit Ah-Beng.

Core i7 model will be coming in later in the evening today AFTER 7pm according to the Newstead sales chap that assisted me...so if you want to get the i7 version, you can drop by after work OR to play safe, get it tomorrow afternoon.

So let's dispel the fear that there is no stock...I dun even understand why would anyone want to place a pre-order when you can get it at Comex. Price wise - no change but depending which retailer you go...freebies a bit different.

By the way, the power adaptor cost a bomb! I though I can get a brick for my office but it cost $109 (with GST)...WTF! There's a variety of type 2 covers with different colors as well. I got the matte black version.

did you see power covers?
i've been itching to get 1 for my sp2 ever since it came out.

miragez

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88119110 said:

Are you going to MO this too :s13:

eh order from the online store got student discount. 10% is quite significant... unless comex also can get the student discount. then it's a different story

Comex discount I dun think so even have also cannot compare to online type. I already given up on Comex shows... seriously what they selling is mostly warehouse clearance for most booth there.

Surface Pro 3 Ghost Glass Screen Protector | MIME

That is what I bought though. My US boss is using it and it doesnt interfere with pen.

I waiting for your reply as well, if this is good I hope 大.芒.果 would MO as well hahaha.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah! Got my tracking number! Just got rubbed salt on my sore wounds.
I ordered a wedge mouse this morning and got my tracking number!

My surface booked 22nd still no tracking number.

mouse i recommend logitech's ultra thin mouse t630.
long battery life and super slim profile. much better than whatever arc or wedge mouse.

fionpho

Reaction score
Just came back from comex, all surface 3 no stock.
sad :<
Found out freebies will be
1)dvd driver
2)screen protector
3)wireless mouse

On top of the lucky spin but must preorder only .

Nirvani

Reaction score
Anyone manage to buy Microsoft complete warranty? I don't seem to be able to order it anywhere hmm

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
On an i5 and it's quite hot! Hope there's gonna be a fix for this soon :(

I managed to buy warranty when placing the pre-order. Credit card has been charged but it was in a separate transaction from the SP3 itself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.