Microsoft Surface

lrt2014

Reaction score
On an i5 and it's quite hot! Hope there's gonna be a fix for this soon :(

I managed to buy warranty when placing the pre-order. Credit card has been charged but it was in a separate transaction from the SP3 itself.

Am on an i5 too but mine runs quite cool unless I am doing anything intensive. In fact, I just completed my testing of the "heat" and "throttling" issues and it seemed pretty acceptable as of now. Yet to run real programmes to tax the little thing. Appreciate comments as I will return it to MS within the 14 days if it is not functioning to my expectations. Thanks!

Surface Pro 3 Throttling Problem? - Little Red Tips

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Am on an i5 too but mine runs quite cool unless I am doing anything intensive. In fact, I just completed my testing of the "heat" and "throttling" issues and it seemed pretty acceptable as of now. Yet to run real programmes to tax the little thing. Appreciate comments as I will return it to MS within the 14 days if it is not functioning to my expectations. Thanks!

Surface Pro 3 Throttling Problem? - Little Red Tips

I didn't even do anything intensive, just Chrome and reading some PDF files :o

Gonna try it again tomorrow :D

Reaction score
My i5/256gb runs quite cool also. Nothing intensive yet. But chrome is not optimised for sp3's screen though and I heard it's a battery guzzler.

Anyone's pen can't screenshot when double pressed? Mine cant. And I updated both one note and the windows updates...

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
gonna see if I can get a screen protector from comex tmr, otherwise I will join the MO tmr! the extremeguard hi-def screen protector is the normal clear screen protector right?

alan_shearer

Reaction score
does anyone know where we can get screen protector locally? appreciate all the MO activity but don't 'dare' to be rough with the new baby without a screen protector on....

Adix82 at Burlington will have or not?

lrt2014

Reaction score
My i5/256gb runs quite cool also. Nothing intensive yet. But chrome is not optimised for sp3's screen though and I heard it's a battery guzzler.

Anyone's pen can't screenshot when double pressed? Mine cant. And I updated both one note and the windows updates...

Just tried, doesn't work too.

lrt2014

Reaction score
Anyone knows which browser is optimised for touch? I am so used to the Safari and Bettertouchtool combo for mac that I find it really difficult to use the normal browsers in SP3 ;(

Reaction score

Ok nm I got the solution.it is because the dumb windows updater never detect the update for us, so we need to get it ourselves.

1. Deploying Surface Pro 3 Pen and OneNote Tips - Ask the Core Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

2. Download the windows update via this link;http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._de4ca043bf6ba84330fd96cb374e801071c4b8aa.msu

3. Once downloaded, restart.

4. Double click, Tada, screenshot taken.

Hope that helps.

lrt2014

Reaction score

Resolved! Mine works now. Double click will do a screen shot and open onenote but you will still need to do a control-v.

Extracted from : [SP3] Pen double-click to screenshot not working : Surface

"I was able to fix this issue by manually downloading windows update KB2968599. http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._de4ca043bf6ba84330fd96cb374e801071c4b8aa.msu
more info can be found here:http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2014/07/15/deploying-surface-pro-3-pen-and-onenote-tips.aspx"

lrt2014

Reaction score
Ok nm I got the solution.it is because the dumb windows updater never detect the update for us, so we need to get it ourselves.

1. Deploying Surface Pro 3 Pen and OneNote Tips - Ask the Core Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

2. Download the windows update via this link;http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._de4ca043bf6ba84330fd96cb374e801071c4b8aa.msu

3. Once downloaded, restart.

4. Double click, Tada, screenshot taken.

Hope that helps.

lol i found the same solution :)

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
cool! you getting it?

quite expensive man. but good investment. will check it out tmr coz near my school. if the cuttings are perfect then probably will just get it? since they can apply it also hahaha. any recommendations for a good 64gb micro sd card guys?!

danzodanzo

Reaction score
Which retailer offerring this freebies?
How abt extended warranty?

Just came back from comex, all surface 3 no stock.
sad :<
Found out freebies will be
1)dvd driver. - what is this??
2)screen protector
3)wireless mouse

On top of the lucky spin but must preorder only .

alan_shearer

Reaction score
quite expensive man. but good investment. will check it out tmr coz near my school. if the cuttings are perfect then probably will just get it? since they can apply it also hahaha. any recommendations for a good 64gb micro sd card guys?!

does it support 128gb micros?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.