Your Comprehensive DIY PC Dummies Guide

aaaflyer

Reaction score
Maybe should let ppl note that for the molex to 3/4pin, do not daisy chain them into 1 moelx header. If not, it will kaboom like dat guy's 4 fans.

Daisy chain the correct way. Not sure if u still have his pics or not.

mine kaboomed. 3 fans. :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

but maybe u r talking about my fans anyway haha

this is very important because i cannot find from google any detailed instruction for molex fan installation. good for people need to install more fans but not enough header on mobo

anyway just to add too, I am not sure if the daisy chain thing caused the boom. because I have plugged an extra fan header from the daisy chain into the mobo which is not necessary, or it is the reason for the boom. currently running them parallel instead of in series just because I scared it may be due to daisy chain all 3 to 1 molex.

i changed 2 variables after the boom: run 3 molex fans parallel and remove the extra connection to mobo. so i also dono which one is the real culprit. a search on google seems to suggest that running daisy chain with up to 4 fans per head is safe.

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 3 pin fan header to mobo is just to monitor fan rpm. I think you connected 3 or 4 molex to 3-pin into 1 single molex header from psu cable, instead of spreading out to each molex header on the psu cable?

Ur fan is the enermax cluster advance which kaboom?

aaaflyer

Reaction score
The 3 pin fan header to mobo is just to monitor fan rpm. I think you connected 3 or 4 molex to 3-pin into 1 single molex header from psu cable, instead of spreading out to each molex header on the psu cable?

Ur fan is the enermax cluster advance which kaboom?
Yea confirm u saw my pic. I send to roy for emergency help lol. SHould have water mark it hahhaa

Yea thats what i did. 3 fan header into one single molex connector, so called in series. It kaboomed. But i am not too sure if thats the problem because 1) google search seems to suggust this is normal, people say connect up to 4 fans onto 1 single molex header is*safe 2) i plug one of the fan header from the 3 daisy chain into mobo, which may have caused short circuit.
Now i am spreading them out one each, and no extra connection into mobo.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried using molex to 2x sata from 1 molex header of psu cable, my com cant power on... lol, so not sure if its enough voltage or not.

aaaflyer

Reaction score
I tried using molex to 2x sata from 1 molex header of psu cable, my com cant power on... lol, so not sure if its enough voltage or not.

ic. But fans i assume sure enough power? Hmm. Since kaboom so most likely short circuit ba. No power should be not enough power from psu i guess.

KingJio

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid i wont be having an overclocking guide.

I would touch more onto the hands on DIY side rather than tweaking or optimizing.

However there are things that can be expanded out to:

- AMD processor installation guide
- A little on wire management
- OS installation walkthrough
- A simple aftermarket cooler installation guide

Cable management. The least talked about part of DIY computers but imo the most challenging and crucial to proper airflow and aesthetics.

ReinhartX

Reaction score
great guide! could i suggest a FAQ on exactly what parts to know to get when you buy them to DIY your PC?

for example how do i know which motherboard to get (how to tell the difference between a overclocking and non overclocking one for example)

another example would be how would i know how much power on my PSU be enough to provide for all the components

sure they could just ask for a build suggestion but for those beginners who want to DIY these could be relevant information

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
great guide! could i suggest a FAQ on exactly what parts to know to get when you buy them to DIY your PC?

for example how do i know which motherboard to get (how to tell the difference between a overclocking and non overclocking one for example)

another example would be how would i know how much power on my PSU be enough to provide for all the components

sure they could just ask for a build suggestion but for those beginners who want to DIY these could be relevant information

Thanks for viewing. Glad that it can be of great help to new comers.

Point taken, as of now im trying to source out on various AMD boards and chips. When it comes by i will update 1 shot everything.

Alternative X

Reaction score
Thanks for viewing. Glad that it can be of great help to new comers.

Point taken, as of now im trying to source out on various AMD boards and chips. When it comes by i will update 1 shot everything.
If you are doing a build guide based on AMD chipsets, you may want to highlight the forward/reverse compatibility of AMD processors on certain AMD motherboards. I believe that this feature is very good as it solves potential future headaches from trying to find a motherboard with a compatible socket if the motherboard fails in the future. (There are quite a few people in this forum trying to find an Intel LGA 1155 B75/Z77 motherboard in SLS recently due to various reasons. This problem is virtually non-existant in AMD chipsets. Alas.......)

Can buy a cheap Trinity/Richland A6 FM2 CPU and use it with a FM2+ mobo to demostrate this due to the relative cheapness of AMD A6 CPUs and also because the A6 CPU can also be used in an ultra budget gaming build after this guide is finished.

Also, you doing an AMD FM1 build guide for fits and giggles? :s13:

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for coming in and read through. Hope you all enjoy the whole process of DIY.

I think i will be redoing a few more photos, probably a higher res photos to be uploaded for clearer illustration purposes.

tuner

Reaction score
Tks royfrosty for this guide, followed it and got my 1st build going.

slpypnda

Reaction score
not booting after cleaning heatsink

1. Before the whole incident , i experienced occasional bsod (windows 10) with the "memory management message"

2. Cleaned my cpu today. Took out the ram( in the way of the heatsink) , then took out my cooler master hyper 212x heatsink , blew the dust away with a small manual pump, then cleaned the cpu and the heatsink with isopropyl alcohol , before applying artic silver 5 thermal paste onto the cpu ( pea method) . Then reinstalled the heatsink and the ram. The cpu was not removed from the socket. The ram was inserted to the 2nd slot which is not in accordance to the dual channel configuration of the msi motherboard.
Boot up the computer and it showed the message "new CPU and or Memory was changed" and that i am given two options:
Press F1 to run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and exit
I pressed F1 and just boot up with normal settings when brought to bios. After this, the computer boot up and shut itself down every 20 seconds. I am unable to enter the bios by repeatedly pressing del or f10.

Video shows what happens when the pc is turn on and the display :
https://youtu.be/guG_oytOGaI

whleong1

Reaction score
Hi, any bro can help. I installed a NVMe drive into my HP EliteDesk 800 G2. How to set it to be the boot drive?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.