Microsoft Surface

lrt2014

Reaction score
Why do I get a feeling that their first batch is more premium which ends up in the US. That's where most of the influential reviews come from. The rest seems like coming from a different, cheaper assembly line.

I don't think this is true. Am impressed with what I am holding on to and there is no indication that it is inferior to those in the reviews

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is true. Am impressed with what I am holding on to and there is no indication that it is inferior to those in the reviews

You're impressed doesn't mean the rest of us are. So far the US sets dont have this problem but some of us are facing curve issues. Mine is not as bad as evershine but can see it is bent slightly.

miragez

Reaction score
Lol haha that's a good one!

The curve I have is not super visible, and I will treat it as a new design... serious with all the complain about the service at MS at Jabil who would be able to 1 to 1 exchange another new set due to such cases. What is worse if u receive a refurbished set. This is as good as under cut the value of worth.

If everyone is going for aesthetic, like apple premium product ( they do have alot of problems too if you do not notice go read as well ).

Plus... Its a brand new set hence you not going to keep seeing the curve for 24/7 ? You probably would be playing games and reading book or taking notes. The curve is there yes, but if you think about productivity with this tablet I guess you would be happier. This is my two cents.

Note: To those that are new to this thread, I also pre-ordered mine online from MS Store. and got the i5 256GB, and notice a slight curve.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The curve I have is not super visible, and I will treat it as a new design... serious with all the complain about the service at MS at Jabil who would be able to 1 to 1 exchange another new set due to such cases. What is worse if u receive a refurbished set. This is as good as under cut the value of worth.

If everyone is going for aesthetic, like apple premium product ( they do have alot of problems too if you do not notice go read as well ).

Plus... Its a brand new set hence you not going to keep seeing the curve for 24/7 ? You probably would be playing games and reading book or taking notes. The curve is there yes, but if you think about productivity with this tablet I guess you would be happier. This is my two cents.

Note: To those that are new to this thread, I also pre-ordered mine online from MS Store. and got the i5 256GB, and notice a slight curve.

The touch screen is so thin, there are many reports out there in ms forum saying how it was shattered. If it is warped, the screen certainly will be under pressure to break, sooner or later.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Payment issues? Try live chat. It worked for me.

Already resolved. I ordered the one with student discount which includes the 30% off the type cover. The lady over the phone was nice enough to offer the same deal. Just that they will refund me the remaining amount after the product is shipped. She already noted she will personally see my case. Awesome customer service so far. Now waiting for shipping notice.

miragez

Reaction score
The touch screen is so thin, there are many reports out there in ms forum saying how it was shattered. If it is warped, the screen certainly will be under pressure to break, sooner or later.

Can provide the source where they state :s12: I am always happy to read those and see how I can avoid. Do take note device that goes thin is not supposed to be a rugged type... such as my thinkpad x220 :s13: But this is different kind of device.

Hence, when IPad or MacBook Air goes shave off more thickness... the higher the risk of such pressure right ?

lrt2014

Reaction score
You're impressed doesn't mean the rest of us are. So far the US sets dont have this problem but some of us are facing curve issues. Mine is not as bad as evershine but can see it is bent slightly.

That is not true. There was a discussion on deformed SP3 on 1 Jul which implies US sets. See below.

Deformed SP3? Anyone notice that their SP3 is curved outwards in the middle? | Microsoft Surface Forums

Btw, if you are not happy with your set, there is still a 14 days return policy. You can always return it and order it again. This way, you are not getting a replacement set.

Peace!

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can provide the source where they state :s12: I am always happy to read those and see how I can avoid. Do take note device that goes thin is not supposed to be a rugged type... such as my thinkpad x220 :s13: But this is different kind of device.

Hence, when IPad or MacBook Air goes shave off more thickness... the higher the risk of such pressure right ?

go look around ms forums, i read a post there where users tried holding around camera portion and the screen shatters. there is a drilled hole on the camera area which is the weakest link on the panel. if it is already warping, the additional tensile pressure might just worsen it. not about aesthetics in this case but rather you should get what u actually paid for. at least at this price it is a premium.

Ray1976

Reaction score
for those with curved angle, could it be the heat that is causing the warping?

aural

Reaction score
go look around ms forums, i read a post there where users tried holding around camera portion and the screen shatters. there is a drilled hole on the camera area which is the weakest link on the panel. if it is already warping, the additional tensile pressure might just worsen it. not about aesthetics in this case but rather you should get what u actually paid for. at least at this price it is a premium.
I agree with this. During design and tech classes usually say certain degree of deviation are ok but if we are uncomfortable better change it. To setup a computer again is not easy let alone the down time.

sianz

Reaction score
How bad is yours? Not sure if it's shipping or assembly line problem.

Not that bad just very slight in one corner but if you look at it from front you will notice one corner seems a little off. I feel like if I put my surface pro on it overnight it might become flat.

Reaction score
Already resolved. I ordered the one with student discount which includes the 30% off the type cover. The lady over the phone was nice enough to offer the same deal. Just that they will refund me the remaining amount after the product is shipped. She already noted she will personally see my case. Awesome customer service so far. Now waiting for shipping notice.

same case as you. can you let me know if you have received the refund? i have not received it..

junkeehunting

Reaction score
Hi , i am selling an extra brand new surface 3 pen that i brought accidentally.

still brand new in box.

Also , would anyone want to trade your black surface pro 3 keyboard for my red (online exclusive) one? it is sealed and unopened. of course, yours must be the same

Reborns

Reaction score
i am having decision problem now

i am elligible for 10% student discount
but i think only thru Microsoft Store only :(

do any of the store in the COMEX allot 0% 12 months instalment?
but then i dun get the 10% discount

about the grab and go pack
i got my 365 University for 4 years.. so i dun need Office 365
i dun need printer
so essentially... i very bo hua

can i still claim the 50 dollar capitalland voucher?

hmmmm

sian.....

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am having decision problem now

i am elligible for 10% student discount
but i think only thru Microsoft Store only :(

do any of the store in the COMEX allot 0% 12 months instalment?
but then i dun get the 10% discount

about the grab and go pack
i got my 365 University for 4 years.. so i dun need Office 365
i dun need printer
so essentially... i very bo hua

can i still claim the 50 dollar capitalland voucher?

hmmmm

sian.....

buy thru ms store and get get a credit card that can do 0% installment plan?

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi , i am selling an extra brand new surface 3 pen that i brought accidentally.

still brand new in box.

Also , would anyone want to trade your black surface pro 3 keyboard for my red (online exclusive) one? it is sealed and unopened. of course, yours must be the same
I want red color keyboard! You want cyan color or not? You never earlier say. else I will order the black one to change with you

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.