Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
I went to comex and look at their demo set. it's flat and when you close the type cover, there is no visible gaps between the cover and the screen.

2nd thing, has anyone check for light bleeding (is this what you call them) ? mine has visible light bleeding at the top and sides (lanscape mode) which i suspect is due to the "curvature" of the screen.

This is how my curve looks like not much only the top part is curve a little... I would not called it super or too much. Sorry if yours is worse than this then you should as for a exchange.
14l0fpg.jpg

zidane47us

Reaction score
oh wow like not bad le...like that should get liao....office 365 university is 4 years subscription for 2 coms...but if no internet still can use right? just that cant access old files which are saved on the cloud storage.

i checked the microsoft store site. i think office 365 home is better. see this.

Office 365 Home , Office Apps, Cloud Services

You get all benefits of office 365 personal, plus you are allowed to install office to up to 5 PC or Mac, plus 5 iPad or Windows tablets. So you can share it with your family and/or friends. In addition, all those whom you share the subscription also get automatic 1TB free of OneDrive storage.

evershineoptical

Reaction score
I wonder how to put a glass screen protector if the screen surface is not flat.............. :s12:

I think mine is quite serious man....i put it face down on a flat surface, there is a 2mm gap between the flat surface and the screen :eek:

there is no gap at the "bottom".......i quess i got a deformed set. :s8:
take a look at this
P1030369.jpg

Last edited:

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i checked the microsoft store site. i think office 365 home is better. see this.

Office 365 Home , Office Apps, Cloud Services

You get all benefits of office 365 personal, plus you are allowed to install office to up to 5 PC or Mac, plus 5 iPad or Windows tablets. So you can share it with your family and/or friends. In addition, all those whom you share the subscription also get automatic 1TB free of OneDrive storage.

Yea i think that would be worth for big families...but im the only one who uses computer at home lolz....so one for my surface and one for my desktop just nice haha and 4 years is a very long time!

miragez

Reaction score
I wonder how to put a glass screen protector if the screen surface is not flat.............. :s12:

The tempered glass adhesion will still stick to the screen without problem definitely due to it will have a little flexibility not a solid piece of glass stick to the SP3...

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Wow. Microsoft gave me a $100 coupon as a 'sorry' gift for delaying my SP3. So I only paid $1028 for an i3 with a type cover for my Surface Pro 3 together with the 30% off type cover. :D:D:D

i got a coupon too for $100 on next purchase for some screw up.

how did you get 30% off type cover?

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is how my curve looks like not much only the top part is curve a little... I would not called it super or too much. Sorry if yours is worse than this then you should as for a exchange.
14l0fpg.jpg

bro nice! what carbonfiber skin is that?

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a helpful tip.
Those who got the $100 voucher. You can use it to grab the 'Grab N Go' pack from Microsoft.
Microsoft®

Since its technically $149, you can deduct $100 and only pay $50 for the pack.

Or for students.

You can use it to grab Office 365 University and get a 4 year subscription to Office which includes 1TB(!) of cloud storage for 4 years.

$108 - $100 = $8
$8 / 48 = 0.16cents per month.

miragez

Reaction score
Just a helpful tip.
Those who got the $100 voucher. You can use it to grab the 'Grab N Go' pack from Microsoft.
Microsoft®

Since its technically $149, you can deduct $100 and only pay $50 for the pack.

Or for students.

You can use it to grab Office 365 University and get a 4 year subscription to Office which includes 1TB(!) of cloud storage for 4 years.

$108 - $100 = $8
$8 / 48 = 0.16cents per month.

I guess I will blast the customer support this coming Monday too... for this kinda quality :s13::s12:

evershineoptical

Reaction score
I have decided to return my unit and repurchase. because according to the chat person, the exchange unit could be a refurbished one.

ANyone done returns before ? is it difficult to get your money back ?

On the other hand I think i will get another set n then decide if i want to return . Cos everything set up already

Last edited:

evershineoptical

Reaction score
I have decided to return my unit and repurchase. because according to the chat person, the exchange unit could be a refurbished one.

ANyone done returns before ? is it difficult to get your money back ?

the first livechat was awful, told me there will be restocking fee etc....when i asked her/him if he/she understand the 14 day return policy, he/she couldn't answer. anyway to complain the live chat ?

Ray1976

Reaction score
I went to comex and look at their demo set. it's flat and when you close the type cover, there is no visible gaps between the cover and the screen.

2nd thing, has anyone check for light bleeding (is this what you call them) ? mine has visible light bleeding at the top and sides (lanscape mode) which i suspect is due to the "curvature" of the screen.

For your case...no need to mull over it too much. You just need to get it replaced OR like you mentioned - you rather make a re-purchase since the "exchanged" one probably is a re-cond set.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.