Microsoft Surface

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
the first livechat was awful, told me there will be restocking fee etc....when i asked her/him if he/she understand the 14 day return policy, he/she couldn't answer. anyway to complain the live chat ?

the live chat people are sales agents from my understanding, any support issues they need to escalate and tell you it takes 48-72hours to respond to you.

thats why i took more than a week and still did not had my issues resolved untill some ang moh guy in north america is now following up personally.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the live chat people are sales agents from my understanding, any support issues they need to escalate and tell you it takes 48-72hours to respond to you.

thats why i took more than a week and still did not had my issues resolved untill some ang moh guy in north america is now following up personally.

I think register it then go live chat for SP3 support. US have live chats, I think Singapore is only call in.

tspurs

Reaction score
i checked the microsoft store site. i think office 365 home is better. see this.

Office 365 Home , Office Apps, Cloud Services

You get all benefits of office 365 personal, plus you are allowed to install office to up to 5 PC or Mac, plus 5 iPad or Windows tablets. So you can share it with your family and/or friends. In addition, all those whom you share the subscription also get automatic 1TB free of OneDrive storage.

365 Home ($13.80 a month for 5 PCs + 5 tablets/phones) is definitely more worth it than 365 Personal ($9.80 a month for 1 PC + 1 tablet/phone). But 365 University is the best ($2.25 a month over 4 years for 2 devices if you buy at the start of your university studies)!

sianz

Reaction score
I tried live chat too it was awful the guy said I need to call in. Looks like Monday have to call.

zidane47us

Reaction score
365 Home ($13.80 a month for 5 PCs + 5 tablets/phones) is definitely more worth it than 365 Personal ($9.80 a month for 1 PC + 1 tablet/phone). But 365 University is the best ($2.25 a month over 4 years for 2 devices if you buy at the start of your university studies)!

yeah just now I see the office 365 university. comparing with office 365 personal and office 365 home, office 365 university is definitely the best deal.
BTW, do any of you know whats the difference in features between office 365 offline office vs. office professional 2013? thanks!

thinking of getting the 365 university one.

miragez

Reaction score
the first livechat was awful, told me there will be restocking fee etc....when i asked her/him if he/she understand the 14 day return policy, he/she couldn't answer. anyway to complain the live chat ?

I tried live chat too it was awful the guy said I need to call in. Looks like Monday have to call.

I will await you guys solution I might consider as well :s13: by the way all of you pre-order online from microsoft store ? But student price like can only buy once only

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah just now I see the office 365 university. comparing with office 365 personal and office 365 home, office 365 university is definitely the best deal.
BTW, do any of you know whats the difference in features between office 365 offline office vs. office professional 2013? thanks!

thinking of getting the 365 university one.

from what i read....getting 365 is like a rental...but u get perks that new version out u also get to use it during the contract...whereby office professional is 100% ur property

sianz

Reaction score
With ms its always a license. Even with office professional only limited to 1 or 2 pc.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the curved surface issue, as I ordered mine thru a local vendor, which would be a better way?
1) Call Microsoft and ask for a replacement, risking that they'll give you a refurbished set, or
2) Wait 2-3 weeks until that local vendor has stock (according to them) and do the exchange then.

The first one might be faster but somehow, I am more inclined to opt for the second option. At least can choose the right set. What do you think?

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Regarding the curved surface issue, as I ordered mine thru a local vendor, which would be a better way?
1) Call Microsoft and ask for a replacement, risking that they'll give you a refurbished set, or
2) Wait 2-3 weeks until that local vendor has stock (according to them) and do the exchange then.

The first one might be faster but somehow, I am more inclined to opt for the second option. At least can choose the right set. What do you think?

Second option. You didn't pay for a refurbished price so you don't deserve a refurbished set.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Second one...same reason as abv. no point getting a refurb set for a brand new item.

miragez

Reaction score

Isn't option 2 going to be risky if the local vendor can deny an exchange due to the time frame drag too long ?

Then what about pre-order directly from Microsoft stores sg, we only have options 1 ? or options two is also valid as well ?

Last edited:

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why need to wait 2-3 weeks with vendor?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why need to wait 2-3 weeks with vendor?

According to them it's due to high demand but I sense something is wrong after they told me to go to M'soft instead. After all, I called them just a day after getting the set. I should've opened and looked closely but then again after "years" of experience, still keep on doing the same mistake. Probably too excited to rip it off at home.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't option 2 going to be risky if the local vendor can deny an exchange due to the time frame drag too long ?

Then what about pre-order directly from Microsoft stores sg, we only have options 1 ? or options two is also valid as well ?

I've noted down the sales person who offer the exchange at their store but need to wait 2-3 weeks. I think I'd rather take this route than receiving another messed up system. Possibly a unit that one of you guys exchanged from here lol

If you pre-order via Microsoft, the only channel is with them.

miragez

Reaction score
I've noted down the sales person who offer the exchange at their store but need to wait 2-3 weeks. I think I'd rather take this route than receiving another messed up system. Possibly a unit that one of you guys exchanged from here lol

If you pre-order via Microsoft, the only channel is with them.

:s13: And their favourite options like any Apple stores they will do you an exchange to get refurbish set :eek:.... hmm if I call for a refund... I will lose student price right ? Any experience user here done this before ?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: And their favourite options like any Apple stores they will do you an exchange to get refurbish set :eek:.... hmm if I call for a refund... I will lose student price right ? Any experience user here done this before ?

You have to get black and white from them first before exchanging that they will honor the student discount. For such a big company, technically speaking, you'd need to follow the current deal if you place a new order. Unless you choose to return your set of course.

minute_me

Reaction score
i am surrounded by everyone using their macbooks, and macbook air, ipads in a cafe..............not sure who is cooler lol.....

minute_me

Reaction score
what i like about my i7 surface 3....., it's very fast expecially when down loading and installing stuff..........when i m out, i connect wifi thru my hotspot created by my note 3....i tell you, very fast also....i m quite surprised. faster then surfing on my note 3 itself

how's the i5 performing. i m thinking of getting an i5 version

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.