Microsoft's Surface

junkeehunting

Reaction score
Accidentally ordered an extra new surface pro 3 pen

opened the package to check. 100% original intact , except the triple aaa battery ( took out to use for my own pen)

Microsoft is selling at $73 SGD( you can verify at their website )

Im selling at only $67. Meet ups at Bedok MRT station.

just wanna clear off my mistake. ( always check properly at the checkout page guys )

pls contact me at 96539475

also , i have a BNIB red surface type cover 3(online exclusive) . anyone with black surface type cover willing to trade with me? bnib

Also have a limited edition microsoft surface 3 laptop bag for sale. $15 have receipt. Brand new in package

tanyonghoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is Ian Tan and I'm the Surface consumer lead for Microsoft Singapore. Popped by here to see the conversation midway through the Comex period and I'm glad to see the enthusiasm for SP3, and a big thanks to Vijay for sharing your views to provide more context.

Just to share some thoughts:

- The Surface Pro 3 is a laptop first. Yes, it is a hybrid model with a detachable Type Cover, but it's a laptop packed with an Intel processor and being able to run any modern Windows program or app very ably. A lot of people who purchased SP3 at Comex told me that they're buying it to replace their heavy laptops and that's exactly what we intended.

- The lack of LTE is a common feedback and we do hear you. A SIM card can place additional drain on the battery and reduce usage time. And as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, most other PCs do not include a SIM card slot as well. The challenge we have is that once you think of SP3 as a tablet first (and not laptop first), then you'll quickly compare it to the iPad or Android tablets which have LTE functionality but much lower-powered processors.

- The Type Cover costs $183 and I do spend a lot time explaining that it's not to be compared to conventional keyboards because it's really thin while packing in backlighting and a fully functional trackpad. That's a lot of engineering in the Type Cover and like the SP3, it's not made from generic components. We sell it separately as it comes in different colors and customers should have a choice in which color they want.

- There are people saying that SP3 would fail for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad to share that we've seen unprecedented demand in SG and other countries, and if you didn't pre-order or hit Comex early, you would probably have to reserve stocks for some of the more popular models by now.

I'll be busy with Comex the rest of the weekend and will try to pop back in here if I have time. If you have any burning questions, feel free to email me at iantan@microsoft.com and I'll try to answer when I can.

Cheers,
Ian

Tuckzz

Reaction score
I received my surface pro 3 on Thursday, the launch date. So far so good, other than a few setup problems on my part. Though I have to say, even though I know the sp3 doesn't perform that good graphically, the benchmarks that I ran have been exceptionally poor, the 3dmark score of firestrike was just 278, which is ridiculously low, I wonder if something's wrong with my surface... other similar i5 4gb SP3's have been scoring around the 500~ area.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered from the Microsoft website and received their orders already?
Ordered mine from the ms store on tues. the shipping details say already arrive in SG today. at delivery centre. so probably will deliver on monday since they don't deliver on sun :)

vincent007

Reaction score
Any recommended cover for the Type Cover? ironic right?
The back of the type cover is made of some cloth fabric that easily gets dirty. Brought it out today and true enough, it stains here and there.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended cover for the Type Cover? ironic right?
The back of the type cover is made of some cloth fabric that easily gets dirty. Brought it out today and true enough, it stains here and there.

I have ordered a sleeve case from Amazon, thinking of using it to place on the table when I need to set down my surface pro

Tuckzz

Reaction score
Anyone has the i5 version of the sp3 and will post some bench results from 3dmark here?
My i5 scored
Fire Strike : 305
Ice Storm : 27182

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi~ Is the curved screen feature reported here, here, here, here, here and here a hidden feature for the Surface Pro 3~? How do I indicate if I want or don't want this feature when ordering~? :s11: :crazy:

Hi everyone,

This is Ian Tan and I'm the Surface consumer lead for Microsoft Singapore. Popped by here to see the conversation midway through the Comex period and I'm glad to see the enthusiasm for SP3, and a big thanks to Vijay for sharing your views to provide more context.

Just to share some thoughts:

- The Surface Pro 3 is a laptop first. Yes, it is a hybrid model with a detachable Type Cover, but it's a laptop packed with an Intel processor and being able to run any modern Windows program or app very ably. A lot of people who purchased SP3 at Comex told me that they're buying it to replace their heavy laptops and that's exactly what we intended.

- The lack of LTE is a common feedback and we do hear you. A SIM card can place additional drain on the battery and reduce usage time. And as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, most other PCs do not include a SIM card slot as well. The challenge we have is that once you think of SP3 as a tablet first (and not laptop first), then you'll quickly compare it to the iPad or Android tablets which have LTE functionality but much lower-powered processors.

- The Type Cover costs $183 and I do spend a lot time explaining that it's not to be compared to conventional keyboards because it's really thin while packing in backlighting and a fully functional trackpad. That's a lot of engineering in the Type Cover and like the SP3, it's not made from generic components. We sell it separately as it comes in different colors and customers should have a choice in which color they want.

- There are people saying that SP3 would fail for a variety of reasons, but I'm glad to share that we've seen unprecedented demand in SG and other countries, and if you didn't pre-order or hit Comex early, you would probably have to reserve stocks for some of the more popular models by now.

I'll be busy with Comex the rest of the weekend and will try to pop back in here if I have time. If you have any burning questions, feel free to email me at iantan@microsoft.com and I'll try to answer when I can.

Cheers,
Ian

tanyonghoe

Reaction score
Hi guys

If you have encountered any SP3 product defects like a misaligned chassis, please get them exchanged with the retailer you purchased it from with one week of purchase. The Surface is supposed to generally lie flat. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Ian

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

If you have encountered any SP3 product defects like a misaligned chassis, please get them exchanged with the retailer you purchased it from with one week of purchase. The Surface is supposed to generally lie flat. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Ian

Thanks Ian. I am getting my i5/256GB set returned to a local vendor as it has a crooked screen, scratches and bent connectors in the screen. Unfortunately they told me that I would need to wait longer than 3 weeks due to stock shortage worldwide. Is this true? Knowing that SP3 has been launched in the US since June 20.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow after everyone posted here the curved screen, I also noticed that there is a slight curve on the short side (not the long side as seen on the images posted here). Dunno is I want to change or not...

archtomato

Master Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine from the ms store on tues. the shipping details say already arrive in SG today. at delivery centre. so probably will deliver on monday since they don't deliver on sun :)

How did u check ur order status? Mine I check fro m ms store only say order pending.

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi~ Would it be replaced with a new set or a refurbished set~? :crazy:

Hi guys

Ian

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the other thread I rmb someone talked to live chat they say might get refurbished. Better to return unit and rebuy.

archtomato

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my Surface Pro 3 ..

i7 256 ... No curve on the tablet and apart from the crappy sticker to hold the SP pen i think everything else seems gd.

Will post scores when im settled in

dlubis

Reaction score
Got my MS Surface Pro 3, i5/256GB, on Saturday at Comex.

Just adding MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse, tried HDMI, and installing MS Office 365 Personal, so far so good. Everything seems in order, just enjoying it to replace my office notebook.

:s12:

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm guys i dun get it... do u guys have a tablet already? if so, whats the gap it's trying to fill? cos its neither here nor there? whats so special that it replaces a laptop?

thnaks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.