Microsoft Surface

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ray1976

Reaction score
Guys...lets talk about apps (those you highly recommend) for use with Surface Pro 3. I'm talking about apps, not programs here in case you mixed it up.

Some of the TOP GROSSING apps thus far are:

1) Drawboard PDF (need to pay - trial avail)
2) Adobe Photoshop CC (built from the ground up for Surface Pro 3 users - again not free)
3) Sketchbook Express

The Tapatalk forum is not very "polished" and I'm a big fan of Tapatalk API on Android and iOS devices but Windows version missing some intuitive feature or either that, not well structured or organized. The best I have seen is in iOS environment. Hope the Tapatalk forum app can do something about the Windows app version.

What are your recommendation?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is type cover available in Singapore now? Challenger,etc?
Where to get ready stock?

miragez

Reaction score
Thanks dude! Slipped my observation last time. Can 90% confirm that the surface mouse is not available at Comex but the wedge one is.

Not many other Bluetooth 4.0 mice in the market. Most of them are 3.0 which consumes battery power.

Yeah I think its better to let them know rather than all of you go down for the 15% thinking that the surface edition mouse, would be included.

Here's the link for this year Comex 2014 : Microsoft 's brochure for accessories

Guys...lets talk about apps (those you highly recommend) for use with Surface Pro 3. I'm talking about apps, not programs here in case you mixed it up.

Sorry right now the metro apps in windows store is not mature enough for me to go look at it right now, but "media monkey" is not a bad apps for playing music on the go when you SP3 is in sleep mode too. ( I not too sure if background sound will be affected with distortion same as Asus t100 which I heard that windows will not support as the sleep function pushing the apps to close hence might affect the audio playback in sleep mode. I have not tried this on SP3 yet. )

Last edited:
Reaction score

Some of the TOP GROSSING apps thus far are:

1) Drawboard PDF (need to pay - trial avail)
2) Adobe Photoshop CC (built from the ground up for Surface Pro 3 users - again not free)
3) Sketchbook Express

The Tapatalk forum is not very "polished" and I'm a big fan of Tapatalk API on Android and iOS devices but Windows version missing some intuitive feature or either that, not well structured or organized. The best I have seen is in iOS environment. Hope the Tapatalk forum app can do something about the Windows app version.

Was gonna type drawboard PDF but U already listed it. I was really impressed by it during the trial so I purchased it. US$6.99 only.

As for the rest... still Googling and trying things out!

kimurastanley

Reaction score
Agree that drawboard PDF is a solid app. Can make note in PDF file. Using with dropbox, I can edit the PDF and share with my other device in real time

kenshinz

Reaction score
I'm also having problems trying to buy the extended service plan with ADP for my surface pro 3. Keep saying that my address not recognized, you would have thought that all their account information would be shared between the various services.

Anyway saw that the offer for the purchase of ESP is valid for 126 days

Last edited:

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Just a thought bros. SP3 has been marketed as a laptop replacement. In the first few days you have received your new toy, have you been using it as a laptop or as a tablet?

For me personally I have been using it as a laptop and I must say I am impressed by its speed (ok, I know it will slow down with time and when more apps and programs are added). my configuration is only i5/128 but I am really happy with it. The typing experience with the type cover is also very satisfactory. What about you?

Still have not found a screen protector though...maybe that's why I am still using it as a laptop :s13:

Ray1976

Reaction score
Just a thought bros. SP3 has been marketed as a laptop replacement. In the first few days you have received your new toy, have you been using it as a laptop or as a tablet?

For me personally I have been using it as a laptop and I must say I am impressed by its speed (ok, I know it will slow down with time and when more apps and programs are added). my configuration is only i5/128 but I am really happy with it. The typing experience with the type cover is also very satisfactory. What about you?

Still have not found a screen protector though...maybe that's why I am still using it as a laptop :s13:

I am using it more of a tablet at home and more of a laptop in my office when I need to find information from the web quickly. So for me the experience in usage is more like 50-50.

Actually I am not sure whether need to get a SP or not...since we have the keyboard type cover to cover the entire screen during transport. And if you think the nib of the stylus is going to cause "unsightly" streaks after prolong use, I doubt so as the material of the nib feels like "runner" than a hard plastic - in the likes of a Galaxy Note passive stylus.

But I would agree that the back of the SP3 has to have some form of protection to prevent scratches.

Ray1976

Reaction score
Was gonna type drawboard PDF but U already listed it. I was really impressed by it during the trial so I purchased it. US$6.99 only.

As for the rest... still Googling and trying things out!

Wow..."only" US$6.99. Hahaha...if free will be great!
:s13:

tspurs

Reaction score
Haven't really started using it as a laptop yet, but it is surprisingly good as a tablet at home. The 12 inch screen is great for reading, and weight feels no more than Ipad 4, even though it is actually heavier.

Reaction score
Wow..."only" US$6.99. Hahaha...if free will be great!
:s13:

Haha... value for money ma. I have a lot of steam games I bought during the summer sales also haven't play! That one is really waste money... but for drawboard for US$6.99 I'm confident of using it on a daily basis lol:s13:

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha... value for money ma. I have a lot of steam games I bought during the summer sales also haven't play! That one is really waste money... but for drawboard for US$6.99 I'm confident of using it on a daily basis lol:s13:
Is it the same as or better than onenote? I currently import all my pdf into onenote then draw on it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.