Microsoft Surface

kenshinz

Reaction score
Didn't know can open PDF in OneNote, drawboard Pdf is like normal PDF program just that straight away can make notes on it, don't need to do any extra steps, its setup nicely the way I like so for 6.99 no brained, this kind of price sure support developer

picagen

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88170336 said:
Buy Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition
Buy Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition

I think if you make your way down to COMEX maybe got 15% off... :o

I think only the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition is Bluetooth 4.0(they highlight it to be using Bluetooth 4.0) the rest even the Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition is just Bluetooth 3.0 (Never say its Bluetooth 4.0)

But if need to have the wheel scroll, then the only choice for Microsoft is the Sculpt comfort(comes with the grab and go bundle - just went for a quick round at comex today, there are a lot of grab and go everywhere, guess they restock)

HP also got this grab and go package, at $149 but comes with office365 Home(not Personal - support up to 5 devices) a HP wireless printer and a HP wireless mouse...(no $50 voucher)

Anyway, I bought a HP Bluetooth mouse Z5000, quite nice to use pretty thin, and cheap(~$34).. its just Bluetooth 3.0, uses just 1 AA battery.

Oh yes, those that have bought the arc mouse, its pretty expensive, but don't forget to get further discount, you can get $10 or $15 voucher.. Go to Microsoft®

S/NEligible PurchaseReward1. Purchase of 1 (one) of the following Eligible Product
Eligible Products
  • All-in-One Media Keyboard
  • Arc Keyboard
  • ARC Mouse
  • ARC Touch Mouse
  • LifeCam Cinema
  • LifeCam HD-3000
  • LifeCam Studio
  • LifeChat LX-3000
  • LifeChat LX-4000
  • LifeChat LX-6000
  • Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
  • Sculpt Comfort Desktop
  • Sculpt Comfort Mouse
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
  • Sculpt Mobile Keyboard
  • Sculpt Touch Mouse
  • Wedge Mobile Keyboard
  • Wedge Touch Mouse
  • Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
  • Wireless Desktop 2000
  • Wireless Desktop 3000
S$10 CapitaLand Mall Shopping Voucher ("Voucher")2. Purchase of 1 (one) of the following Eligible Product together with a Qualifying Product.
Eligible Products
  • All-in-One Media Keyboard
  • Arc Keyboard
  • ARC Mouse
  • ARC Touch Mouse
  • LifeCam Cinema
  • LifeCam HD-3000
  • LifeCam Studio
  • LifeChat LX-3000
  • LifeChat LX-4000
  • LifeChat LX-6000
  • Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
  • Sculpt Comfort Desktop
  • Sculpt Comfort Mouse
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
  • Sculpt Mobile Keyboard
  • Sculpt Touch Mouse
  • Wedge Mobile Keyboard
  • Wedge Touch Mouse
  • Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
  • Wireless Desktop 2000
  • Wireless Desktop 3000

Qualifying Products
Any product from any manufacturer with a sale price over $150 in any one (1) of the following categories.
  • Computers (including PCs, Macs, x86 Tablets, Android Tablets and iPads)

picagen

Reaction score
Just a thought bros. SP3 has been marketed as a laptop replacement. In the first few days you have received your new toy, have you been using it as a laptop or as a tablet?

For me personally I have been using it as a laptop and I must say I am impressed by its speed (ok, I know it will slow down with time and when more apps and programs are added). my configuration is only i5/128 but I am really happy with it. The typing experience with the type cover is also very satisfactory. What about you?

Still have not found a screen protector though...maybe that's why I am still using it as a laptop :s13:

So far, I am using it more like a laptop.. The type cover pro is really much better to use than the old type cover..

I am also awaiting for my SP to come first before switching it to be a real tablet mode to read and write on.. Plus I try not to cover type cover keyboard over the screen.. I flip it around instead(the microfiber side of the typecover touch the screen..) Just worried that the keys might cause some micro scratches.

Also using as a laptop, I really hated the connected standby mode.. even if I shutdown, its never really shutdown, it can still wake up in my sleeve/bag while traveling. Once I disable the connected standby, its much better now... also battery life seems to be better (just a feeling only, may not be true) Plus for those who don't want the processor to overheat (like SP1) once connected standby is disable, you will have the maximum processor % to control, so you can limit your i7 or i5 to prevent it from going in to turboboost and overheat... I tried limiting mine to 599Mhz and using it to read PDF still pretty fast.

For those who wants to disable connected standby

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0

Last edited:

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't know can open PDF in OneNote, drawboard Pdf is like normal PDF program just that straight away can make notes on it, don't need to do any extra steps, its setup nicely the way I like so for 6.99 no brained, this kind of price sure support developer

yup you can...in fact you can open anything in onenote.

just go to the software, go to print, then print to onenote :)

you can also set it to all be on one page by disabling the option "split multiple pages into sections" or something...

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far, I am using it more like a laptop.. The type cover pro is really much better to use than the old type cover..

I am also awaiting for my SP to come first before switching it to be a real tablet mode to read and write on.. Plus I try not to cover type cover keyboard over the screen.. I flip it around instead(the microfiber side of the typecover touch the screen..) Just worried that the keys might cause some micro scratches.

Also using as a laptop, I really hated the connected standby mode.. even if I shutdown, its never really shutdown, it can still wake up in my sleeve/bag while traveling. Once I disable the connected standby, its much better now... also battery life seems to be better (just a feeling only, may not be true) Plus for those who don't want the processor to overheat (like SP1) once connected standby is disable, you will have the maximum processor % to control, so you can limit your i7 or i5 to prevent it from going in to turboboost and overheat... I tried limiting mine to 599Mhz and using it to read PDF still pretty fast.

For those who wants to disable connected standby

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0

Thanks for the tip! So it doesn't actually do a proper shut down? Do you know how much battery it'll drain if you leave it shut for a day or half a day?

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those planning to buy the surface from online store can now add microsoft complete warranty protection to the cart. 229 for it.
2lxt1qx.jpg

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone encounter some weird issue using uTorrent ....everytime i try to download stuff, a big blue screen pop up say " Kernel Security Check Failure " than auto restart.

Some help would be greatly appreciated

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now am in a dilemma whether to wait for broadwell update....also dunno when..

lrt2014

Reaction score
QUOTE=eijnaix;88183366]Anyone encounter some weird issue using uTorrent ....everytime i try to download stuff, a big blue screen pop up say " Kernel Security Check Failure " than auto restart.

Some help would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something is wrong. Does it happen to other applications? This is a normal pc and utorrent should work with no issues.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encounter some weird issue using uTorrent ....everytime i try to download stuff, a big blue screen pop up say " Kernel Security Check Failure " than auto restart.

Some help would be greatly appreciated

Did you install any anti-virus software or interrupted some software installation? If it's all clean, I suggest to run a hard disk and memory check. Just in case.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My guess is around a year from now. Maybe less. Hopefully with LTE, 2 USB 3 ports and possibly battery life would be roughly the same as now if you use LTE.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score

If you keep waiting, you're never gonna buy anything.
Might as well wait for Skylake, a brand new architecture that has focus on performance.

Ray1976

Reaction score
I'm hoping for an LTE version of the Surface Pro in the next iteration. Save me to need to tether to my Mi-Fi router. Hate to carry too many hardware around.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.