Microsoft Surface

aural

Reaction score
I'm hoping for an LTE version of the Surface Pro in the next iteration. Save me to need to tether to my Mi-Fi router. Hate to carry too many hardware around.

I'm now looking for a mifi. Lol. What is good and small.

cmwong123

Reaction score
HI ,

Anyone has problem to connect to 5khz WiFi .?

Purchase it on Thursday at COMEX , using the default OS , remember it connect to 5khz WiFi getting about 170mb/s download .

But after OS update which included a firmware update, now cannot connect to 5khz .

Ray1976

Reaction score
HI ,

Anyone has problem to connect to 5khz WiFi .?

Purchase it on Thursday at COMEX , using the default OS , remember it connect to 5khz WiFi getting about 170mb/s download .

But after OS update which included a firmware update, now cannot connect to 5khz .

No problem connecting to 5Ghz bandwidth AFTER the firmware update. I think you may wish to go to the Router's settings to change the channels of your 5Ghz band. This will usually work.

Try it.

fuzleh

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a BNIB black surface pro type cover looking to trade with blue. Anyone interested can PM me thanks.

kenshinz

Reaction score
BTW anyone knows where to find AAAA battery? Like to know just in case the battery for the pen runs out

cmwong123

Reaction score
No problem connecting to 5Ghz bandwidth AFTER the firmware update. I think you may wish to go to the Router's settings to change the channels of your 5Ghz band. This will usually work.

Try it.

Thanks for advice .

Using Asus ac1900 , you mean the channel bandwidth, control channel or extension channel ?

Current setting :
Channel bandwidth : 20/40/80Mhz
Control channel : auto
Extension channel : auto

josephkjc

Reaction score
Anyone encounter some weird issue using uTorrent ....everytime i try to download stuff, a big blue screen pop up say " Kernel Security Check Failure " than auto restart.

Some help would be greatly appreciated
Using uTorrent 3.4.2 (32bit) and I do not have issues

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
Using uTorrent 3.4.2 (32bit) and I do not have issues

I'm like so lost now....reset numberous time...even trying resetting from using usb recovery. Every time after clean install...use for a while liao....the blue screen will come up....especially running utorrent..

its either Kernel Security Check Fail error...reboot , or driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error ...reboot

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
I have the firmware updated but I do face problem using the S. Pen . It just world let me write as the Note 10.l (not even in OneNote and I wonder if I missed anything . Anyone having this problem like me ?

sianz

Reaction score
I'm like so lost now....reset numberous time...even trying resetting from using usb recovery. Every time after clean install...use for a while liao....the blue screen will come up....especially running utorrent..

its either Kernel Security Check Fail error...reboot , or driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error ...reboot

If you do a Google search, apparently this means you have a hardware failure. Time to use your warranty..

aural

Reaction score
For those who want to request a return and rebuy. Please note they will charge you shipping costs.

I wrongly ordered. Surface to VGA adapter and the CS went to initiate a return. The fine prints states the above. Zzz adapter cost below 60. If the courier services for the tiny adapter eats away 10+ I might as well sell at hwz garage to benefit others.

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
If you do a Google search, apparently this means you have a hardware failure. Time to use your warranty..

i google a alot..and did all the run test, memory test, chdisk, ...all return fine...but as of last night 2 am...still auto reboot.

just did a firmware upgrade this morning with 45 important update...now like running ok liao....werid...dont know wanna bring back to 1 to 1 exchange anot since it's within 7 days

Last edited:

sianz

Reaction score
Oh you didn't update the firmware? I think should be ok now that you updated.

sianz

Reaction score
So anybody else started the return process for their surface yet? I called the hotline and they said I must wait for their back end to call me within 48hrs to tell me what to do next.

Edit: I got the email from their back end. They are going to send me a prepaid shipping label for me to send back my unit.

Last edited:

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
I had to update. Pen working fine. In fact i was most retarded. Turned off bluetooth forgetting the pen connects via bluetooth. Complained to my bro saying my pen was faulty. -.-

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had to update. Pen working fine. In fact i was most retarded. Turned off bluetooth forgetting the pen connects via bluetooth. Complained to my bro saying my pen was faulty. -.-

ot a bit, i got similar experience. i took off my glasses, forgot to put it back on, look into my dslr (many years back), then complaint to myself, why my lens so blur......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.