Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
It just takes time. They have to get your surface back, make sure it came with everything, then contact the credit card company to do the refund and that takes time too as the credit card company will have to process it.

You haven't initiated the process? You only have 14 days from the delivery date to do so. Better hurry if you want it.

I cancelled, I just stick on to my unit, too lazy to go through all the one process, for a slight curve, unless its really unusable then I will do that. as of now, its still acceptable :s13::s12:

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
I cancelled, I just stick on to my unit, too lazy to go through all the one process, for a slight curve, unless its really unusable then I will do that. as of now, its still acceptable :s13::s12:

At least you have your Surface. I'm still waiting for my tracking number. Microsoft is literally the worst.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much are AAAA batteries in SG? :o

was trying to find it in NTUC yesterday so i can keep in my drawer but couldn't find any :(

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88203843 said:

was trying to find it in NTUC yesterday so i can keep in my drawer but couldn't find any :(

Loads at Sim Lim tower (not SLS).

picagen

Reaction score
Yes, overheating is the number 1 issue for SP3 now. Heard there will be a major update coming up in the next few weeks which might resolve this, but at a price, which I think is throttling.

Well, I can pretty much confirm the SP3 i3 does not have any heating issue at all. I max out both the GPU and CPU 100% (running CPU and GPU miners) and can see that it draws a total of 11.5W (from openhardwaremonitor) CPU package temp only at 70+C doesn't even touch 80C

Both GPU and CPU also running at its max clock speed.

Also, I have notice that the i3 have a lower Idle clock speed than i5. i3 clocks down to 0.57GHz while the i5 goes down to 0.75GHz. (this maybe due to the i3 is a Y part while the i5 is a U part.

I have not have the time to run a full battery test, but when I limit the clockspeed down to 0.57GHz, the battery life seems to be better.. great for reading webpages and PDF(didn't feel that its slow)

So far am pretty happy, I am currently using just at 0.57GHz speed for web surfing, reading PDF, spreadsheets, words, youtubes, watching HD Videos 1080P.. all no problem at all.. Not slow at all. Just wish that Microsoft shouldn't have crippled the i3 with just 4GB ram and 64GB SSD.. if only there was a 8GB ram and 256GB version of i3 SP3.. it would be more than enough for a lot of people as a mobile device.

Chips

Reaction score
anyone got a delivery by singpost from Microsoft? I got a failed delivery today but i never order anything else beside SP3 and it has already been delivered.

i didn't use DBS/POSB card so it shouldn't be the "limited edition" messenger bag right

picagen

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88203843 said:

Or you can just buy a 9v battery.. Duracell... break it open there are 6 nearly AAAA size batteries inside. great for emergency. Plus its cheaper getting 9V batteries...

Reaction score
Well, I can pretty much confirm the SP3 i3 does not have any heating issue at all. I max out both the GPU and CPU 100% (running CPU and GPU miners) and can see that it draws a total of 11.5W (from openhardwaremonitor) CPU package temp only at 70+C doesn't even touch 80C

Also, I have notice that the i3 have a lower Idle clock speed than i5. i3 clocks down to 0.57GHz while the i5 goes down to 0.75GHz. (this maybe due to the i3 is a Y part while the i5 is a U part.

I have not have the time to run a full battery test, but when I limit the clockspeed down to 0.57GHz, the battery life seems to be better.. great for reading webpages and PDF(didn't feel that its slow)

So far am pretty happy, I am currently using just at 0.57GHz speed for web surfing, reading PDF, spreadsheets, words, youtubes, watching HD Videos 1080P.. all no problem at all.. Not slow at all. Just wish that Microsoft shouldn't have crippled the i3 with just 4GB ram and 64GB SSD.. if only there was a 8GB ram and 256GB version of i3 SP3.. it would be more than enough for a lot of people as a mobile device.

I'm using an i5/8gb/256gb and I'm not experiencing any overheating issues too. This i5 is really fast enough for me

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or you can just buy a 9v battery.. Duracell... break it open there are 6 nearly AAAA size batteries inside. great for emergency. Plus its cheaper getting 9V batteries...

Cool :crazy:

Amazon selling 6 x 2 pack of AAAA batteries, S$5 per two pcs :eek:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i3 definitely no overheating. i5 seems to be in balance in my opinion.

If there's an option, i3/8GB/256GB would be my first choice for Haswell. I've been following tabletpcreview and for those with i7, there's definitely a boost in the first few seconds/minutes of launching an app before it heats up and gets throttled down. It looks like its Achilles' heel is the size itself.

DDDDDDDD

Reaction score
Hi guys, can I check how do i turn off the screen without the type cover? something like pressing the lock button on a smart phone. thanks !

danielgohww

Reaction score
Previously, someone mention about the speed of the Micro-sd card slot and got the answer from Microsoft that it is a class 6 speed.

I did some testing with my Sandisk Ultra 64GB and Samsung Pro 64GB

Results are below

SandiskUltra64.jpg

Sandisk Ultra 64

SamsungPro64.jpg

Samsung Pro 64

Results shows that the micro-sd slot can support higher speed.

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Don't use Bluestacks. It sucks.
Try using DuOS-M. A far superior virtual solution for Android.

Interesting :s22: Does support x64 W8.1 for the SP3 no problems?
May I ask if the Whatsapp messages is active i.e. you will be notified or you need to open the DuOS-M tile to access it?

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting :s22: Does support x64 W8.1 for the SP3 no problems?
May I ask if the Whatsapp messages is active i.e. you will be notified or you need to open the DuOS-M tile to access it?

I don't have a Surface yet (No thanks to MS Store), so I can't tell you if it works flawlessly for SP3.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.