Microsoft Surface

picagen

Reaction score
I'm using an i5/8gb/256gb and I'm not experiencing any overheating issues too. This i5 is really fast enough for me

Have you tried loading your CPU and GPU to 100%?

I think the i5 also will hit the heating issue(as reported by many. I don't have a i5 to test) Just as long as its not push hard it will not heat up..

The SP3 thermal cooling seems to be limited to about 11.5W any higher(turboboost) and it can't handle the heat for an extended period..

Which I was wondering why didn't Microsoft choose (for Haswell) the Y series of the i5(which is also 11.5W) instead of the current U series of the i5(15W), I would have choosen the i5 if it was the Y series.

Broadwell i5 should be the right fit... Too bad its delayed..

sianz

Reaction score
Haiz. They are supposed to call me to arrange a pickup for my return but until now no sound. Wonder if any others have better luck?

GitzJoey

Reaction score
me too, waiting for return pick up (i7 512)
think i'll re-buy it if the fix already come out :p

JoySakurai

Reaction score
I have an i7 512gb model, also keep overheating.
Installing bnet for hearthstone also overheat to 90 degrees.. lol..

the pen that came with my surface had a rough tip that looked like it was cut. So waiting for Microsoft to send me a new one, cept, I'm flying off in 2 days for a month, so won't be able to use the pen till I'm back in SG in oct.. :(

Btw! VERY Important question from me.
Where u guys get ur screen protectors ah? hahahaha :X
Where, what brand and price? I'm quite picky for my SP3 coz I'm using it for painting. :)

Thanks in advanceee!!

fuzleh

Reaction score
I received my SP3 from Microsoft online yesterday only to found out today that my charger is faulty. Contact Microsoft support this morning and they said will ship a new charger for me. The old faulty one can keep.:(

JoySakurai

Reaction score
I received my SP3 from Microsoft online yesterday only to found out today that my charger is faulty. Contact Microsoft support this morning and they said will ship a new charger for me. The old faulty one can keep.:(

oh.. where did you contact?
I tried contacting their live help on MS Store, but they tell me to call technical help, at that time not available.
Mine I had to email their signature support to actually get any form of help. :\

karwai88

Reaction score
SP3 i7 Overheating

Update - The microsoft guy is going to collect my SP3 i7 coming Friday.

Sigh. Do you think I should I just get a refund and buy i5 instead?

sianz

Reaction score
get the i5/4GB/128GB version but a bit regretted. Should get an 8GB RAM version.

why ah? I have used both versions I don't find much difference between them. Is there some situations where the 4GB ram model slow down a lot?

sianz

Reaction score
Update - The microsoft guy is going to collect my SP3 i7 coming Friday.

Sigh. Do you think I should I just get a refund and buy i5 instead?

Yours is for exchange issit? Sian they still haven't called me to arrange my pickup..

danielgohww

Reaction score
Why so many looking for glass protector?

I have got a normal protector known as healing shield from qoo10.

It did the job well.

I'm not a heavy pen user but simple selection, dragging and writing is ok. No scratch or damage to screen protector or pen.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

I have an i7 512gb model, also keep overheating.
Installing bnet for hearthstone also overheat to 90 degrees.. lol..

the pen that came with my surface had a rough tip that looked like it was cut. So waiting for Microsoft to send me a new one, cept, I'm flying off in 2 days for a month, so won't be able to use the pen till I'm back in SG in oct.. :(

Btw! VERY Important question from me.
Where u guys get ur screen protectors ah? hahahaha :X
Where, what brand and price? I'm quite picky for my SP3 coz I'm using it for painting. :)

Thanks in advanceee!!

Hi can you go to the PC info page and check the turbo speed whether it's 2.3 or 3.3 Ghz? Thx

You can try calling Nicolas at 9029 8485 to check out the price and type of screen protector

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.