Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky3

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

my tv just delivered yesterday. Samsung HU7200. Deliveryman scan for digital channels, came out 0, Had to scan analgoue then all the Channel 5s, 8s come out.

The specs for the TV as stated on the website is DVB-T /C .

Do I need to buy the DVB-T2 box and also get the antenna??

Need help as my CRT just up lorry after 10 years plus of faithful service. Thank you very much

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

my tv just delivered yesterday. Samsung HU7200. Deliveryman scan for digital channels, came out 0, Had to scan analgoue then all the Channel 5s, 8s come out.

Need help as my CRT just up lorry after 10 years plus of faithful service. Thank you very much

Try doing manual tuning your TV. It might work!

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Probably is in the region settings? Try to select those countries that do not lock the DVB-C mode?

ghost_83

Reaction score
I also want to check any bros have any luck with the digital signals at Chinatown area?

well, I answered my own qns, but post here to let bros know.

I can get digital TV signals in Chinatown. Using Draco Antenna with LG LB582 TV with built-in tuner.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,

You connect your antenna to the SCV point one will get 0 digital channel.

Tried buying a indoor HD antenna.

sparky3

Reaction score
You connect your antenna to the SCV point one will get 0 digital channel.

Tried buying a indoor HD antenna.

Jeremy,

thanks for the reply. I am staying in Sengkang. The indoor antenna you talking about is the antenna Marcon brand at compasspoint best denki selling at $39 is it??

So no need to buy the tvb box right?

Have you tried the changing of region settings method as suggested by some one here? I am having the same remote as you and afraid to mess around with the settings, or rather cannot find the settings.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jeremy,

thanks for the reply. I am staying in Sengkang. The indoor antenna you talking about is the antenna Marcon brand at compasspoint best denki selling at $39 is it??

So no need to buy the tvb box right?

Have you tried the changing of region settings method as suggested by some one here? I am having the same remote as you and afraid to mess around with the settings, or rather cannot find the settings.

Your TV already had the digital tuner so just need an antenna will do.
Yup, you can tried buying that.

I haven't tried yet and will not be trying as I will be getting my Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna later and it will be abled to receive all channels so no point meddling with the menu inside just for the DVB-C signal.

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Samsung HU7200.

I think he won't be able to do so with just an antenna.
Sparky, as per your TV specs, your digital tuner is DVB-T/C. Not DVB-T2.
Unless you got the specs wrong? Maybe you'd like to check again?
Seems weird a 2014 UHD Samsung TV doesn't come with T2 tuner.
The HU7200 series is listed on MDA's list of DVB-T2 ready IDTVs.

If it's just DVB-T/C as you claimed, then whatever belowmentioned applies:
With just an antenna, you would be only able to watch the DVB-T channels. Namely HD5, 5, 8 & CNA.

To watch the all the available digital channels, you would need to either get a DVB-T2 box and an antenna.

OR

You can try access the Samsung Extended Service Menu and see if you are able to change the region local set to enable the DVB-C tuner. If you are able to do so, then you won't need to purchase anything. Just connect up your TV RF input to StarHub's wall socket and do a scan for digital channels.

Last edited:

sparky3

Reaction score
Yup, you can tried buying that.

I haven't tried yet and will not be trying as I will be getting my Mohu Leaf 50 Indoor HDTV Antenna later and it will be abled to receive all channels so no point meddling with the menu inside just for the DVB-C signal.

Is it a better antenna than the one i mentioned? How much is it? N where u buy from.?

I may follow in your shoes...;)

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a better antenna than the one i mentioned? How much is it? N where u buy from.?

I may follow in your shoes...;)

Amazon. S$88.

Wait for my review. I think a lot depend on your location.

Last edited:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

With just an antenna, you would be only able to watch the DVB-T channels. Namely HD5, 5, 8 & CNA.

To watch the all the available digital channels, you would need to either get a DVB-T2 box and an antenna.

OR

You can try access the Samsung Extended Service Menu and see if you are able to change the region local set to enable the DVB-C tuner. If you are able to do so, then you won't need to purchase anything. Just connect up your TV RF input to StarHub's wall socket and do a scan for digital channels.

FYI.

Samsung Smart TV models are registered with IDA to be compatible with the digital format DVB-T2 | SAMSUNG SG

I think should be able to....................:)

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OR

I tried doing the extended service menu it does not work. I think u need to take a step further by building a IR controller.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think so too. Hence I asked him if he got his specs wrong that it's DVB-T/C. It should be DVB-T2.

I just checked with a SA at HN and he told me this year models all can.

Let me go and play first.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Set your Aerial to Cable and select Digital in auto tuning.

sparky3

Reaction score
Hi just checked samsung website again. You guys are right. Its DVB-T2/C.

CSO at samsung also confirmed that.

I called them to ask, i buy antenna to receive digital channels, they refuse to answer, say my area still not ready, end 2015 then ready.. Guess, they not willing to say anything thats out of their scope of work.

sparky3

Reaction score
Can check:

I see people takling abt TV box, Xiaomi and some other brands.. Its for what use?

If i get the antenna, i can watch HD channels already.

The TV box ( DVB-T2 etc) is for ??, can I do the same thing on samsung TV??

Or can direct me to do some read up??

A little confused...

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is no cable setting. only analgue and digital.

I think need to do the extended service menu thingy. but too cheam for me.. scared spoil my TV.lol

I just called up the Samsung Customer Service yesterday afternoon and they told me no need to go to the extended service menu.

The TV is already set to receive the DVB T2/C but just need to buy an antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.