Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
That's mine lah. I've it just done at the shop in SL SQ 5th level.

The black carbon fibre back protector skin gives a slight rough feeling for gripping. The fire red edges give a stunning sense of contrast between the blacks.

The applicator displays professionalism in his workmanship in manually cutting and applying the skin rather than those machine-stamped skin which you bought on the net. He also covered my pen holder location with the same back protector material so there appears only one colour from the back i.e. no difference between the grey colour pen holder and the black colour back protector.

Yeah awesome... I never thought of it while only focusing... the back protector too.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
This morning I woke up and took my SP3 out. And realised the sleeve I have it in was slightly warm... I took it out and the device was already powered on.

Anyone experienced this? I think I probably accidentally hit the power button while keeping it last night... It must have been on standby the entire time... and sucked away almost 40% of the power.

SP3 power button is single tab will power it up unlike tablets which take a long press to power from off state.

Ray1976

Reaction score
Done by hand. Paid $95 for the job

That's super EX...!!!

I guess the workmanship must be superb in order to command such high price?! You must be a very satisfied customer on the spot to willingly part this "kind" of money.
:D

Ray1976

Reaction score
This morning I woke up and took my SP3 out. And realised the sleeve I have it in was slightly warm... I took it out and the device was already powered on.

Anyone experienced this? I think I probably accidentally hit the power button while keeping it last night... It must have been on standby the entire time... and sucked away almost 40% of the power.

SP3 power button is single tab will power it up unlike tablets which take a long press to power from off state.

Yes, need to be careful. A one-single touch on the power button is enough to power on the Surface Pro 3 in an instant. The InstantGo feature drains your battery life over time...a price you need to pay for waking your device in an "instant"... :p

You can just disable it under Change PC Settings.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just applied the xtermeguard back protector using the wet application method and it went pretty well :p...quite sleek and easy to put!

Ray1976

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88347646 said:
I just applied the xtermeguard back protector using the wet application method and it went pretty well :p...quite sleek and easy to put!

When is batch 2 stock coming in :p

I am on Batch 2 MO :)

picagen

Reaction score

If you have connected standby(InstantGo) disable, you can actually set the sleep time to hibernate, I set mine to about 10mins.. in case accidently press power button, it will on, sleep for 10mins and go to hibernate.. so zero power drain...

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With SSD, it is not recommended to do hibernation as the constant writing of big files to the SSD wears it down pretty quickly~ :crazy:

If you have connected standby(InstantGo) disable, you can actually set the sleep time to hibernate, I set mine to about 10mins.. in case accidently press power button, it will on, sleep for 10mins and go to hibernate.. so zero power drain...

picagen

Reaction score
With SSD, it is not recommended to do hibernation as the constant writing of big files to the SSD wears it down pretty quickly~ :crazy:

Its not really a very big file.. its either 4GB or 8GB file (size of the memory)

given, wear down SSD vs wear down Battery

I think Battery got less tolerant as its not only power draining wear, its also heat wear (since its usually cooking in a enclosure).. So SSD wear isn't so much of a concern as compared to battery wear.

well, that is my take... but you have a point.. thanks.. :)

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its not really a very big file.. its either 4GB or 8GB file (size of the memory)

given, wear down SSD vs wear down Battery

I think Battery got less tolerant as its not only power draining wear, its also heat wear (since its usually cooking in a enclosure).. So SSD wear isn't so much of a concern as compared to battery wear.

well, that is my take... but you have a point.. thanks.. :)

Guess compared to total of 64G or 128G. Think 4 or 8G considera big ratio.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, do you guys face any issues with IE when waking up from sleep?
Normally, takes quite awhile to connect to the internet.
Browser will try to load a page and it takes a while.

Not as seamless as the IOS or Android.

Anyway to correct that?

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score

Anyway to correct that?

What is the waiting time approximately?

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah challenger finally got display set

played it for 5 minutes, not bad at all

RequiemDK

Reaction score

Anyway to correct that?

I had this on my SP1 last time, but not on my SP3. It was something related to the wifi drivers. One way to deal with this is to disallow the wifi card to be turned off by the system to go to sleep. On the other hand, the SP3 is supposed to do something like that when Connected Standby is enabled (by default it is) so that it can receive notifications even when the screen is off.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
played with it at Challenger, and am quite tempted to get it.

The build is quite solid! But am concerned with the storage. Would a 64 GB version enough for MS Office and maybe Photoshop?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.