Recommend protein powder

striker22

Reaction score
Noirkw, yes, please revert back. (Sorry Gala, Indian's English, haha)

I have been wanting to try but 4 tubs is a huge leap of faith.

gracechee

Reaction score
i enjoy taking beneprotein. worry free as it has no illegal ingredients that is banned by WADA (world anti doping association)

Noirkw

Reaction score
Noirkw, yes, please revert back. (Sorry Gala, Indian's English, haha)

I have been wanting to try but 4 tubs is a huge leap of faith.

Will do! It's quite a leap but at that price point I couldn't resist. I focus more on deals rather than taste.
PS:Sorry not Majoring in English and I don't see this board as some forum PhD in English Literature

Last edited:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i enjoy taking beneprotein. worry free as it has no illegal ingredients that is banned by WADA (world anti doping association)

NONE of the protein brands mentioned in this thread contains any illegal substances that's banned by the WADA. Please do your homework before making any insinuations.

And 1 more thing - buying WPI from Nestle is like throwing money into the sea.

striker22

Reaction score
Will do! It's quite a leap but at that price point I couldn't resist. I focus more on deals rather than taste.
PS:Sorry not Majoring in English and I don't see this board as some forum PhD in English Literature

What flavors did you get? If it's a flavor I like, and you dun mind sharing, I can buy a tub at cost price.

lee_tired_sheep

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i enjoy taking ice mountain mineral water. worry free as it has no illegal ingredients that is banned by WADA (world anti doping association)

Noirkw

Reaction score
What flavors did you get? If it's a flavor I like, and you dun mind sharing, I can buy a tub at cost price.

I bought 2x peanut, 1 choc, 1 cnc. I'm sharing it with my bro. Only 4 flavors were avaialble. There's a promo for musclepharm as well. 4+1Free at $315?

Noirkw

Reaction score
Minor update for Arnold Whey,

Peanut Butter Cup tastes really good. But a tad sweet. Mixability is a bit bad though as I don't like to use a shaker ball.

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pet peeve, but that's the wrong usage of the word "revert".

relax.
even my HR director (true blue singaporean) ALWAYS misuse the word revert in each and every one of his official formal communication.
so... looking at it from different angle, you can say you have the potential to become director ;)

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
recommend me protein powder. looking for chocolate flavor.
first time trying though. :)

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried SciVation Whey from fitlion?

SciVation Whey - Scivation - Brands - FitLion.com

it's kinda cheap. $75 for 72 serving. the ingredients looks decent. I read an article and it says the ingredients in your protein shake should not be more than 10.

This one isn't cheap at all - it works out to 0.047 cents per gram of protein; this in fact, is pretty expensive.

A better & cheaper option would be Dymatize's 10 lb Elite Whey Protein:

Elite 100% Whey Protein - Whey Protein - Protein Powder - Categories - FitLion.com

Cost per gram of protein is only 0.033 cents if you get the Variety tub which has 145 servings. If you pick other single flavors the cost per gram of protein ranges from 0.038 cents (125 servings) to 0.035 cents (135 servings).

This is how you should calculate: price per tub divided by no of servings divided by grams per serving.

Last edited:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one isn't cheap at all - it works out to 0.047 cents per gram of protein; this in fact, is pretty expensive.

Elite 100% Whey Protein - Whey Protein - Protein Powder - Categories - FitLion.com

Cost per gram of protein is only 0.033 cents if you get the Variety tub which has 145 servings. If you pick other single flavors the cost per gram of protein ranges from 0.038 cents (125 servings) to 0.035 cents (135 servings).

This is how you should calculate: price per tub divided by no of servings divided by grams per serving.

Edit: price per tub divided by no of servings divided by grams of protein per serving.

Beastosterone

Reaction score

The variety flavor is in small packets or a mixture of different flavors in the same big pack of powder?

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Dymatize is still the cheapest. Some only look at servings, and not how much protein per serving.

Another method to squeeze out more servings is to take vanilla based, yields more servings due to a smaller scoop size compared to chocolate.

Some times same size like Cookies and cream vs vanilla for ON can differ like 10 servings.

chrisam

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to this protein thingy. Read thru the entire thread oredi but still can't decide what to get.

A few qns:
I'm lactose intolerance so I shld be getting isolate right?
If so, these are the few brands i short listed:
- Syntha 6 isolate 4lb
- Dymatize elite whey 5lb
- Dymatize iso 100 5lb
Is there other brands i shld look at?
If I can get from overseas, will it be better?

Which local online store is cheaper? I saw fitlion, tsw and gymshack.

Thanks.

Kangsg

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to this protein thingy. Read thru the entire thread oredi but still can't decide what to get.

A few qns:
- Syntha 6 isolate 4lb
- Dymatize iso 100 5lb

Thanks.

Lactose intolerant people can get concentrates too.
Look for those items with lactase in it.
Not all concentrates are bad.
You can also take lactase separately as a supplement.

Getting it local is the cheaper solution, most of the time.
For your case, just get it locally since you are new to this whole thing.

As for cheaper, just use a piece of paper or use excel, record down the prices for the same brand of item, at the same weight and compare. Remember, some shops include delivery charges, so you must factor that in unless you intend to self collect.

xuan87

Reaction score

A few qns:
- Syntha 6 isolate 4lb
- Dymatize iso 100 5lb

Thanks.

You can also consider nutritionpark.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.