Microsoft Surface

cy

Reaction score
You need to disable connected standby(InstantGo)

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0

Thanks! I try again tonight when I get home. Many thanks!!!

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks, how do you adjust CPU speed to 50%? It used to be under Power Options but now it's not there. Did a quick search and found that this feature is hidden in Windows 8.1. I've disabled Hyper-V and it's still not there. Suggestions?

cy

Reaction score
Folks, how do you adjust CPU speed to 50%? It used to be under Power Options but now it's not there. Did a quick search and found that this feature is hidden in Windows 8.1. I've disabled Hyper-V and it's still not there. Suggestions?

Just run Regedit

Change it from 1 to 0

Have you try the above step? Seems like this was the step that i missed after i disable Hyper-V. I'm at work so i'll try the above tonight and report back. If you have your SP3 now, try it and let us know the result :)

josephkjc

Reaction score
Hi, which do you think its nicer?

1)
TB2A6a2aXXXXXabXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!62099663.jpg

2)
TB2FREDXVXXXXXIXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1745105928.jpg

3)
T2Q3dxXuVbXXXXXXXX-1084000464.jpg

T2cQfGXkVbXXXXXXXX-1084000464.jpg

Last edited:

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys whats the route dhl takes from shenzhen can share ur trackng please thanks.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you try the above step? Seems like this was the step that i missed after i disable Hyper-V. I'm at work so i'll try the above tonight and report back. If you have your SP3 now, try it and let us know the result :)

Thanks. The above step deals with InstantGo which is not what I am looking for. I am looking for the following function which is now "hidden" in 8.1

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/processor-power-management-windows

picagen

Reaction score
Thanks. The above step deals with InstantGo which is not what I am looking for. I am looking for the following function which is now "hidden" in 8.1

Manage Processor Usage for Optimum Power Management in Windows 7 | 8

The step is for disabling InstantGo because if you have InstantGo on, you won't have that power management stuff..

That power management stuff isn't now "hidden" in 8.1 but only when InstantGo is on. So if you want it, you have to disable InstantGo..

There are 8 fingers, stop looking at the problem and look further away for the solution...

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. My bluetooth issue seem to have gone away with the firmware update. hope it is not just a coincidence that it connected automatically today when of started it up.lol

cy

Reaction score

Just run Regedit

Change it from 1 to 0

Hi Picagen, sorry to bother you again.

Tried your instruction and I got all e hidden options to appear. However, under Processor Power Management, I only have System Cooling Policy. Can't seem to get e Min Processor State or Max Processor State to appear. Could I have miss some other steps? :(

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
Installed... now with driver 3907

Set it for max battery performance.. no noticeable improvement, except got the new intel HD graphic Control Panel...

See how it goes...

where do you see which driver is currently being installed ?

picagen

Reaction score
Hi Picagen, sorry to bother you again.

Tried your instruction and I got all e hidden options to appear. However, under Processor Power Management, I only have System Cooling Policy. Can't seem to get e Min Processor State or Max Processor State to appear. Could I have miss some other steps? :(

Did you uninstall Hyper-V ? also Visual Studio would install Hyper-V too..

Hyper-V on will make the processor unable to drop down below its base freq (the i5-4300U would stay at 1.9GHz all the time, instead of going down to 0.78GHz when idle)

Last edited:

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you uninstall Hyper-V ? also Visual Studio would install Hyper-V too..

Hyper-V on will make the processor unable to drop down below its base freq (the i5-4300U would stay at 1.9GHz all the time, instead of going down to 0.78GHz)
Install VS without the Windows Phone stuff, no hyper-v :)...that's what I did.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.