Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Pleasure

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Install Astrill applet on Asus router
2. Choose RouterPro VPN UDP protocol (usually at least 2x speeds).
3. Select Singapore 1 USA server (best server for US streaming to be used in SG).

On Asus RT-AC56U hardwired to my PC, I am getting 80Mbps (on VQ) running speedtest with the above setup. In such case latency matters, so the closer the server the better speeds you will achieve. If you connect to US servers it might drop to 20Mbps (or 10-15Mbps on normal OpenVPN protocol, not RouterPro).

Usually beside latency, CPU of the router is a bottleneck. Try desktop app to see a difference.
I am using Astrill applet on my asus router, i cannot choose RouterPro, it said my trial account not enable for this services. When i use OpenVPN on UDP on Singapore 1 USA Server i get less than 3mbps!! Just tried!!

Pleasure

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are getting very good setup, mind sharing your setup and which local ISP you are on and bandwidth?

1. Install Astrill applet on Asus router
2. Choose RouterPro VPN UDP protocol (usually at least 2x speeds).
3. Select Singapore 1 USA server (best server for US streaming to be used in SG).

On Asus RT-AC56U hardwired to my PC, I am getting 80Mbps (on VQ) running speedtest with the above setup. In such case latency matters, so the closer the server the better speeds you will achieve. If you connect to US servers it might drop to 20Mbps (or 10-15Mbps on normal OpenVPN protocol, not RouterPro).

Usually beside latency, CPU of the router is a bottleneck. Try desktop app to see a difference.

I don't use XBMC but here are some screenshots for Hulu & Singapore 1 (USA) server.

Trying to watch Hulu with Astrill Off
hulu1_zps67ef3b50.png~original

Connect to Singapore 1 (USA) server
astrill_zps93f6f6c1.png~original

Speedtest via Singapore 1 (USA) server (great speed & ping)
Singapore1USA_zps02669c2f.png~original

Able to watch Hulu now
hulu2_zps744c3518.png~original

oric1

Reaction score
You are getting very good setup, mind sharing your setup and which local ISP you are on and bandwidth?

Intel Core-i7
ASUS RT-AC87U router
Starhub Fibre 200Mbps
Earlier screenshots above via RJ45 cable.

The following 2 screenshots below from iPad Air connected via 5Ghz. Connected to Singapore 1 (US) server.

AstrilliPad_zps72139905.png~original

SpeedtestiPadSG1US_zpsae512731.png~original

couchpotato28

Reaction score
anyone using private internet access on netflix? I'm using it but seems that it buffers quite a bit during peak hours

Pleasure

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody here using vpn services for xbmc streaming and has success stories to share?

couchpotato28

Reaction score
anyone having problems with private internet access? starting to regret my purchase. netflix keeps buffering and using acestream to stream bloodzeed is worse. using the US california server.

luckyguitar

Reaction score
anyone having problems with private internet access? starting to regret my purchase. netflix keeps buffering and using acestream to stream bloodzeed is worse. using the US california server.

Most vpns should be able to cope with netflix and hulu. If PIA can't stream these two then it sounds quite bad.

Is bloodzeed blocked? Don't think you need vpn for that right?

couchpotato28

Reaction score
netflix buffering is still not too bad. but bloodzeed is bad. i thought it had pretty good reviews here. bloodzeed needs vpn as the ISPs blocked it.

luckyguitar

Reaction score
netflix buffering is still not too bad. but bloodzeed is bad. i thought it had pretty good reviews here. bloodzeed needs vpn as the ISPs blocked it.

No idea that its blocked now. Their HD streams quite good.

If even netflix is buffering and you are using a west coast server like CA, its actually quite bad. Think they are oversold and not enough port bandwidth. You should request a refund.

couchpotato28

Reaction score
No idea that its blocked now. Their HD streams quite good.

If even netflix is buffering and you are using a west coast server like CA, its actually quite bad. Think they are oversold and not enough port bandwidth. You should request a refund.

what vpn are u using for bloodzeed? I'm thinking of getting a refund but they only have 7 day refund policy and I'm just past it. damn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.