[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyShin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi jack, can 3.5 external hdd enclosure be used for this setup, I'm quite interested after looking yr pics

20140909_202826.jpg

Sharing my setup on using 3.5" HDD with PS4. This is done for the larger capacity and faster RPM. The HDD here is a 2 TB SSHD from Seagate.

The green wire is a 7 pin Sata data cable. Male to Female.

sata-3-0-cable-male-to-female.jpg

This enables you to extend the connector inside the PS4 out to the HDD. The air vent holes at the back is just nice for letting it come out while still allowing me to close the plastic cover.

The power source comes from this 12v AC adapter that outputs to a 4pin molex. This is part of a kit that was meant for people to connect their HDD through USB to their PC. So it also comes with a 4pin molex to Sata power adapter.
images

images

Then you follow the helpful guide from SONY itself on upgrading the HDD.
SONY PS4 HDD Upgrade instructions

Level of difficulty is kinda low, does not involve any modding, complicated tools, other than a screwdriver, mostly is 'Tab A into Slot B' thingy.

As an extra upgrade, I will be putting a HDD cooler that draws power through a molex connector bypass. Something like S$4 from eBay.
images

Jack_Chen

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi jack, can 3.5 external hdd enclosure be used for this setup, I'm quite interested after looking yr pics

I heard that you can do it with a esata output hdd enclosure. The key is connecting it to the connection inside the PS4. If hunting for the right cables, 6th floor SLS, Worldwide (yellow signboard). Else dealextreme.com

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone from xb360 jumpship ps4 and struggles to get use to ps4 interface?

Planning to get ps4 instead xb1:o

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! May i ask,

What's with the r1,r2,r3,r4? Planning to hoot thebwhite ps4 destiny set! Got to say ps game now suprise me more than xb!

region 1 is usa, 2 is uk, 3 is asia, 4 is au. most games sold in sg is from 1 to 3. seldom see 4.

ps4 is region free and only dlc must be the same region as the game.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
can ps plus subscription stacks?

cos now on Asia PLUS till 2015 March, if i buy the destiny bundle comes with 1yr PLUS can i stack add on to my old PLUS account?

YouYongku

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
if you're using us ps+, for example if you play destiny, you will end up in us server? not asia?

hmmm whichever account you are login into....

for me my main is Asia(SG), I have US PSN+, Euro PSN etc
I still can play online but my region (because I login into my asia account) is asia one :(

bobbytkc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone from xb360 jumpship ps4 and struggles to get use to ps4 interface?

Planning to get ps4 instead xb1:o

Hard to get confused.

Go to game. Press circle. Game plays.

The good thing about the PS4 is the interface is straightforward, it simply cannot be simpler.

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying a ps4 soon.. Now i gt a us psn and asia psn on my ps3.. Just want to make sure that if i sub to us psn+.. Im still able to use my asia account to play online right.. So after i bought ps4 and login i shld b able to see all my trophies on both account right? Or do i need to do some porting of data over to ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.