Microsoft Surface

minute_me

Reaction score
so far only one managed to return the surface pro 3 and gotten a refund. anyone else done it sucessfully?

one week after i called up....they still saying the same things to me..."the case is being handled by higher level pls wait 24 to 72 hours..." champion of service :s8:

Last edited:

minute_me

Reaction score
I checked thru my call log, they did call on 2 separate days a week plus ago. after that , they never call again.

So i called up their customer service, they said someone tried to contact me unsucessfully and so i gave them an alternative number. and they say they are going to escalate it to "higher level", wait 24 to 72 hours. I waited. nothing. so i called again, they tell me the same thing.

So i just check thru my call log and call them instead (the courier i supposed). The courier said microsoft did not ask them to call again (and did not even get the alternative phone number) despite my repeated request. So I guess the" higher level" at microsoft did no do anything.

The courier said they are coming to collect tomorrow. If i depend on the customer service, i think the return will probably never happen.

And for such a big and humongous tech company, you can't contact them thru email. wow !

sianz

Reaction score
I checked thru my call log, they did call on 2 separate days a week plus ago. after that , they never call again.

So i called up their customer service, they said someone tried to contact me unsucessfully and so i gave them an alternative number. and they say they are going to escalate it to "higher level", wait 24 to 72 hours. I waited. nothing. so i called again, they tell me the same thing.

So i just check thru my call log and call them instead (the courier i supposed). The courier said microsoft did not ask them to call again (and did not even get the alternative phone number) despite my repeated request. So I guess the" higher level" at microsoft did no do anything.

The courier said they are coming to collect tomorrow. If i depend on the customer service, i think the return will probably never happen.

And for such a big and humongous tech company, you can't contact them thru email. wow !

To be fair they did call you twice..

The 3rd party courier is a bit iffy la but overall it was smooth. I guess because you changed the number it caused quite a bit of confusion?

The big issue is that the communication is poor. They never update on which step of the process you are at which makes it confusing.

What to do. Firstly MS is new to the hardware game. Singapore is also such a small market..

Last edited:

minute_me

Reaction score
To be fair they did call you twice..

The 3rd party courier is a bit iffy la but overall it was smooth. I guess because you changed the number it caused quite a bit of confusion?

The big issue is that the communication is poor. They never update on which step of the process you are at which makes it confusing.

What to do. Firstly MS is new to the hardware game. Singapore is also such a small market..

They did call twice over a 2 day period. while I called 3 times over a one week period and apparently nothing was updated to the courier. Just because they called twice and couldn't get me, they keep giving me the excuse that they did call even after I called up 3 times to ask what is the progress.

changing the number is definitely not the cause of the confusion because microsoft did not even update the courier on the change. and it's not a change of contact number, it's an additional number given for them to contact me. and they kept telling that they tried calling but couldnt get me. I asked them when they contacted me , they couldn't say, which is rubbish because the courier did update microsoft on when they contacted me.

and the funny thing is , the customer service officer acts like a big f.....and even warn me not to use swear words or will hang up . I didn't know "bloody" is a swear word.

They don't know how to resolve the situation and keep repeating like a broken record with the same script when i questioned them . which makes people very irritated. Can you imagine hearing the same thing again and again when nothing was actually being done ?

I can now understand how people feel when they try to get a refund from tigerair or those LCC. No one gives a shxt and those customer service officer won't be held accountable because there is no avenue to complain to the management.

miragez

Reaction score

so far only one managed to return the surface pro 3 and gotten a refund. anyone else done it sucessfully?

one week after i called up....they still saying the same things to me..."the case is being handled by higher level pls wait 24 to 72 hours..." champion of service :s8:

I already got my refund, 3 sept I return the package, took them till yesterday to push the refund back to me... I think this is still within their time procedure of 5 to 7 days pick up package and 5 to 8 days in refund process.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knowing that you just got the SP3, is your lag due to Windows updates? i3 shouldn't be that weak. Perhaps you can bring your set to compare against the display sets at Challenger Funan. I think their version is i5/128.

no le bro i set my updates to manual de....and the first thing i did out of the box was to do windows update

No worries, not intending to change your mind, but I try testing my sp3.

I go over to Apple - iPhone 6 no shutter (beside the apple site, have open 20 tabs in IE desktop, -hardwarezone, yahoo.com.sg, facebook, gmail, yahoo mail, dpreview at gallery viewing images, ebay, qooo10.com and other etc sites, memory usage is at 1.4GB for IE alone, running a notepad and a hardware monitoring sw and the task manager . Tried facebook with pictures and videos.. no shutter..

Also tried Apple - Apple Watch with the 5 big image swapping right to left, I can scroll up and down with no shutter even while the image is changing and I am scrolling.. my current CPU package temperature is at 44 degree C.

Tried auto-hide taskbar, no spikes I can see
(note: running at 599MHz CPU usage went up about 5% or less, not really a spike.. fixed cpu speed at 1497MhHz,, cpu goes up 1% or less cpu temp at about 46C)

I do a encoding of a 2GB mp4 video file using ffmpeg (cpu up to 100% 1497MHz cpu temp at 66C memory at 74%) with ie still open with 20 tabs and tried again with the apple site... iphone6.. no lag or shutter... I scroll up.. and down quickly.. page follows... using a Bluetooth 3.0 HP Z5000 mouse

My indexing is not turn off, my hibernation file is always there.(at default 75% of memory - 3GB).. fixed my pagefile to 1GB... disable InstantGo.. running on main plug power... not using the default MS graphics driver but the latest Intel HD graphics driver 3907

no problem bro.....tbh i feel quite sad needing to return it:(

hmmm what browser are you using? im using fire fox and all my test is running on battery because thats the way i will probably be using most of the time. i still got a few more days before they come collect will be bringing it to school next few days see how it goes

Nirvani

Reaction score
Seeing as how some people are treating the buy and return policy like a risk free trial, I think MS might do away with this benefit..at least for Singapore lol.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Today I reach home, saw a package on the table from Microsoft Online Store promotion. it's the "limited edition" messenger bag... LOL~
so weird. they never say anything about sending it and just send it like that...

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
I am using the Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse for my Surface Pro 3 and IMO better value to get the Arc Mouse Surface Edition. The ONLY reason people going for the Arc Mouse (Surface Edition) is the bluetooth connectivity. And of course when not in use, flatten it which will not take up much space. But Logitech M557 mouse is much cheaper and if you are a Chrome browser user like me, you will need the Smooth Scrolling extension of the Logitech mouse to make browsing and scrolling a breeze.

Bro, can I know which mouse pad are you using.....the pointer like not as stable or as smooth.

hotyrole

Reaction score
Today I reach home, saw a package on the table from Microsoft Online Store promotion. it's the "limited edition" messenger bag... LOL~
so weird. they never say anything about sending it and just send it like that...

post a photo leh,

i want to see how the bag look like

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
They did call twice over a 2 day period. while I called 3 times over a one week period and apparently nothing was updated to the courier. Just because they called twice and couldn't get me, they keep giving me the excuse that they did call even after I called up 3 times to ask what is the progress.

changing the number is definitely not the cause of the confusion because microsoft did not even update the courier on the change. and it's not a change of contact number, it's an additional number given for them to contact me. and they kept telling that they tried calling but couldnt get me. I asked them when they contacted me , they couldn't say, which is rubbish because the courier did update microsoft on when they contacted me.

and the funny thing is , the customer service officer acts like a big f.....and even warn me not to use swear words or will hang up . I didn't know "bloody" is a swear word.

They don't know how to resolve the situation and keep repeating like a broken record with the same script when i questioned them . which makes people very irritated. Can you imagine hearing the same thing again and again when nothing was actually being done ?

I can now understand how people feel when they try to get a refund from tigerair or those LCC. No one gives a shxt and those customer service officer won't be held accountable because there is no avenue to complain to the management.

Currently facing similar issue....

Chat with an online guy to confirm got stock on 2 Sep, placed order immediately for an i7 with warranty compelete.... Warranty complete $299.00 instantly charge my credit card... Surface pro no charge... I know something wrong liao

Now 16 Sep liao.... Call them, chat them a few time for the past week... simi sai all done...

They just keep giving emotionless reply ma chiam robot saying case have been passed to higher level management that will contact me within 24-48 hours.

But this 24-48 hour I heard it last Thursday... Say will give email. Today evening still no news or email, I call again... Say give them another 24-48 hour....

First time I spend money felt so helpless and so much anger build up... #@$&%

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how some people are treating the buy and return policy like a risk free trial, I think MS might do away with this benefit..at least for Singapore lol.
And yet this is the way business is done in USA. Singapore is such a small place, you would think it'll be easier to do refunds.

I think whoever MS contract to do logistics CMI.

minute_me

Reaction score

Despite certain issues, i actually like the surface pro 3. However, for that kind of money i paid, i expect to get a product with more quality control, not like a curve screen and with the back surface uneven. i don't think you would have accepted it if you see there are physical defects in a retail store and would have asked them to open another set.

wilshire

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if any of you who bought an SP3 at the comex or after, got a unit with the dreaded yellow screen? For those who dont know, the yellow screen is located at the left side of the screen, a thin yellow line of about 0.7cm wide covering the entire left side of the screen, between the bezel and the actual screen. Its currently an ongoing discussion over at reddit.

Anyone know how to claim for an exchange? How long do we have after the purchase date to claim an exchange? Is this covered under warranty?

Btw my lot number is 1432

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently facing similar issue....

Chat with an online guy to confirm got stock on 2 Sep, placed order immediately for an i7 with warranty compelete.... Warranty complete $299.00 instantly charge my credit card... Surface pro no charge... I know something wrong liao

Now 16 Sep liao.... Call them, chat them a few time for the past week... simi sai all done...

They just keep giving emotionless reply ma chiam robot saying case have been passed to higher level management that will contact me within 24-48 hours.

But this 24-48 hour I heard it last Thursday... Say will give email. Today evening still no news or email, I call again... Say give them another 24-48 hour....

First time I spend money felt so helpless and so much anger build up... #@$&%

What I heard is the Singapore Customer Service is completely powerless.
All escalations and requests are handled by the US side.
Hence, this is why its so slow.

My first partial refund is done, I need my other half. Its been two weeks already.
They are defacto the worst customer service in history I've ever experienced.
Apple is so much farther than them, and they deserve to be.
Disappointing.

Nirvani

Reaction score
Despite certain issues, i actually like the surface pro 3. However, for that kind of money i paid, i expect to get a product with more quality control, not like a curve screen and with the back surface uneven. i don't think you would have accepted it if you see there are physical defects in a retail store and would have asked them to open another set.

I agree for defective sets a full refund or replacement should be given.. however for perfectly fine and working sets it might be bad for MS since effectively they have lost money (shipping, new sets to refurbished, etc).

Due to consumer rights laws in the US this is the practice over there, its probably easier to process refunds than to face thousands of lawsuits from consumers. Such laws are not extensive in Singapore unfortunately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.