Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sannoh

Reaction score
Need some advice from you guys. I want to install an air condition for my flat. Just need one inverter. Any recommendations?

fastcar

Reaction score
Hi, i am about to install a system 4 mitsubishi aircon. The company( Longwin) asked for 40% downpayment on confirming before they even start.

Is this normal industry practise?

Frederick84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my bto gonna renovate soon.. 4 rm flat.. planning to have two ceiling fan.. one in living rm and one in master bedroom..

i am lookin ard for suitable system 4 for my unit.. any recommendation ? :D

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently planning on changing the aircon for my coming resale hdb 5rm flat. The rooms are as follows:

1) Bedroom 1 - 3m x 6m
2) Bedroom 2 - 3.5m x 4.1m
3) Bedroom 3 - 3.5m x 4.3m
4) Living/dining room - 6m x 6.5m

Any inputs n recommendation on a suitable system 4 welcome.. :)

Last edited:

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am about to install a system 4 mitsubishi aircon. The company( Longwin) asked for 40% downpayment on confirming before they even start.

Is this normal industry practise?

So much!How can like tat.is abnormal...ask y wan 40%..

aunty lucy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not a aircon contractor but u may contact Mr Chua @ 96407449. He is a nice and experience person who able to provide a good aircon servicing
Mashimaru

View Post LLiipp wrote:

I am looking for a system 4 for my new BTO. PM me if anybody is keen to quote.
Hi, I PM to u already. Please check your inbox. ....

Another self advertising contractor....if not a contractor how come u know so must of air con price ? u noob ....Mashimaru

TROLLER

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally installing tmr after 2 weeks of headache. Heres my experience,

AB: Knn ah beng salesman, will not go into specifics even when pressured lol! Try to sell via anecdotes, typical ah beng style. Saw old uncle swayed lololol. Nearly tio psycho to get Panasonic, heng never buy. Cheaper "standard" install but refuse to elaborate so can't gauge.

BT: Gives a lot of info. But insists their Yamato insulation is the best and workmanship best hence price premium. Firm on price so did not buy. Highest price. Criteria: 1/2" armaflex or Yamato. 16mm drain pipe. Local wire. 23 gauge copper.

CT: Knn call multiple times and never quote me until last day and I switch Salesperson. The one named A stay at showroom will not answer. Try to get those that run outside one to attend you. D gave me immediate quote. Average price. Criteria: Same as above.

STL: Uncle give me fast quote. Average price. Criteria same as above.

Asked around a few other smaller operators and they can give quite good price and auto upgrades like 1/2" armaflex, 16mm drainage etc. Copper pipe upgrade typically from 60 to 100.

In the end I oddly went with the company which I saw quite a few complaints about, GC. I think only GC and BT got their own crew of installers. Others I believe sub out to installers.

What I got in the end: system 3 MHI, 9 9 18 btu, 1/2" class 1 armaflex, 16mm drainage pipe, 22 gauge copper pipe for less than 3100 after removing all discount and free gifts which I didn't take. 3 years workmanship 5 year compressor. Typical installs from others run from 2900 to 3150 for MHI sys 3. Most coys gave me class 0 but I downgrade take class 1 instead. Fire rating so cbf.

As to why MHI, different people say differently. But true energy cost I believe MHI is lowest. And also the features appeal more to me as opposed to others.

Good luck guys!

Last edited:

lazy999

Reaction score
Guys, need help here. I just installed a sys 4 toshiba invertor for my house. When i switch on the aircon in my room, the other 3 units LED green light (Power mode) is blinking even thought they are not switch on.

Is it a norm? I have to switch on and off that unit, then the led stop blinking. Its like the rest of the units are on stand by mode.

Can any guru advise me.
Thank you.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Lazy999,

Was the main power switch of your aircon recently switched off and on or do you have the habit of switching off the main power when you are not using your aircon?

For Toshiba, the units will sometimes blink when the main power is switched off and on and you will need to switch on and off the individual wall mounted unit so that the blinking goes away.

Otherwise if it is not the above, you might want to approach your installer and have them come back for a check as yours is a newly installed unit and should still be under general warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Guys, need help here. I just installed a sys 4 toshiba invertor for my house. When i switch on the aircon in my room, the other 3 units LED green light (Power mode) is blinking even thought they are not switch on.

Is it a norm? I have to switch on and off that unit, then the led stop blinking. Its like the rest of the units are on stand by mode.

Can any guru advise me.
Thank you.

woekkoeg

Reaction score
System 3

Looking at Sys 3. Any recommendation for mid-price range?

Probably 9k BTU or 2.5kW for each room is more than sufficient. Room sizes range from 150sqft to 180sqft. Usage is abt max 1hr daily.

lazy999

Reaction score
Hello Lazy999,

Was the main power switch of your aircon recently switched off and on or do you have the habit of switching off the main power when you are not using your aircon?

For Toshiba, the units will sometimes blink when the main power is switched off and on and you will need to switch on and off the individual wall mounted unit so that the blinking goes away.

Otherwise if it is not the above, you might want to approach your installer and have them come back for a check as yours is a newly installed unit and should still be under general warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Bro Jason,

Ya, i have the habit of swtiching off the main aircon when not in used. I thought if never switch off and put it on stand by mode, electricity is being consumed but to a minimize. Please correct me if i am wrong.

So i can assumed my unit is normal then. Thank bro Jason

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Bro Lazy999,

I see. If that is the case then most likely this is the cause for the blinking.
Supposedly this is normal. Do monitor just in case and if you notice blinking even without turning off/on the main switch or any other abnormalities, then do approach your installer.

Yes you are correct that electricity is still being consumed (standby power) if the main switch is not turned off.

Personally I do not practice switching off the main power as I prefer the convenience of being able to turn on my aircon anytime of the day with my remote without switching on the mains :o. Since you have a Toshiba Inverter, the standby power shouldn't be too high. If you use your aircon frequently I would suggest leaving the main switch on.

However this is up to individual habits.

Enjoy your new aircon system :)

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Bro Jason,

Ya, i have the habit of swtiching off the main aircon when not in used. I thought if never switch off and put it on stand by mode, electricity is being consumed but to a minimize. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
to Tk,

Ur 3 bedooms each require 9k btu, thou bedroom 1 u can consider to upgrade to 12k.
living/dining require 24k btu.

aunty lucy

Reaction score
To Lazy999,

Toshiba fancoil blinking when not on, should be normal.
terumo

Toshiba fancoil blinking when not on, should be normal ???

Terumo if u don't knw anything in air con . pls don't anyhow reply , blinking is normal no blinking is spoilt ?

sure got any wrong than the air con is blinking ....if not blinking for fun ?

noob

aunty lucy

Reaction score
Hello Lazy999,

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
Unhappy why can maxicoolservices using not standerd invoice ?

Hi Jason ...why your company using that invoice like buying from NTUC or book shop normal type invoice and who is jacky why he can bring a indian guy to repair my friend house ?

Is better look for the company got standerd invoice if not agent would not get any warranty .

terumo

Reaction score
To aunty lucy,

I will like to ask u a few questions.

1. Do u own a Toshiba aircon?

2. I did mentioned blinking is normal for Toshiba, but i didnt mentioned no blinking is spoil.
For Toshiba, if operation light is blinking, it can be normal.

Aircon will not blink for fun. (I am not sure, got to ask the aircon if they will blink for fun... :) )

I am certainly not a noob, (@ least not to the few ppl here in the forum which i have provided some advice or opinion on aircon matters @ least)

Pls do not come here & stir ****.
This is a place for us to learn from each other on aircon matters.

& if u are uncomfortable with Jason using those normal book shop invoice, then pls do not engage his services.

Last edited:

TROLLER

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro Jason,

Hello Bro Lazy999,

I see. If that is the case then most likely this is the cause for the blinking.
Supposedly this is normal. Do monitor just in case and if you notice blinking even without turning off/on the main switch or any other abnormalities, then do approach your installer.

Yes you are correct that electricity is still being consumed (standby power) if the main switch is not turned off.

Personally I do not practice switching off the main power as I prefer the convenience of being able to turn on my aircon anytime of the day with my remote without switching on the mains :o. Since you have a Toshiba Inverter, the standby power shouldn't be too high. If you use your aircon frequently I would suggest leaving the main switch on.

However this is up to individual habits.

Enjoy your new aircon system :)

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi bros,

from what I understand from researching, if compressor is switched off at the main db, you need to switch it on and on standby for 5-6 hours before you can switch on the fan coil, otherwise compressor might spoil? Is that correct?

I believe the standby power is to keep a heater inside the compressor operational to prevent the refrigerant etc from becoming too viscuous to flow and damage the compressor. Noob here. Please enlighten if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.