Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
on a side note: Chimaira have thrown in e towel . :o

not easy to survive in e metal industry .
too much competition .

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
on a side note: Chimaira have thrown in e towel . :o

not easy to survive in e metal industry .
too much competition .

quite sad, cos they their self-titled album was one of the finest metalcore album
Resurrection too.

Something wrong must be wrong with Mark Hunter

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure why i enjoy this, but i actually did

the breakdowns were actually quite nice :s13:

introducing Spongecore :s22:

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
coreytaylordevilvid1_638.jpg

SLIPKNOT's music video for the band's new single, "The Devil In I", can be seen below. The song is taken from the band's fifth studio album, ".5: The Gray Chapter", which arrives on October 21. Singer Corey Taylor told The Pulse Of Radio about the clip: "[SLIPKNOT percussionist] Clown directed it and we were able to put something really, really cool together. I've seen the early cut — it looks really, really awesome. I mean, Clown did a hell of a job, he's got such a great eye for everything and is really just getting better and better at everything he does. I'm stoked for everybody to see it."

"The Devil In I" is more melodic than the first song released from the new album, "The Negative One", which came out earlier this summer, and features cleaner vocals from Taylor, who told The Pulse Of Radio what the track is about. "'The Devil In I' is really about the war inside yourself," he said. "Trying not to give into defeatism, trying not to give into negativity, trying not to give up basically. It's a struggle. It's one of the hardest thing you can do, is to give in to that side of yourself."

SLIPKNOT issued and quickly fulfilled a casting call on August 17 for fans — also known as "maggots" — to appear in the video for "The Devil In I". The call for extras to appear as "human maggots," requiring that applicants be between 20 and 35 years old and "comfortable to be shooting in barefoot," was issued that weekend and was no longer accepting submissions by August 18.

The shoot was scheduled to take place on either August 22 or August 23 in the Los Angeles area.

".5: The Gray Chapter" is the first SLIPKNOT album without bassist Paul Gray, who died in May 2010, and drummer Joey Jordison, who was dismissed in 2013.

The identity of SLIPKNOT's new drummer is still a secret, although it is widely believed to be Jay Weinberg, son of longtime Bruce Springsteen drummer Max Weinberg.

It is also rumored that SLIPKNOT is no longer working with Donnie Steele, the group's original guitar player who has been playing bass since they resumed touring in 2011.

Taylor confirmed earlier this week that the new SLIPKNOT drummer and bassist will both wear the same generic mask onstage.

Taylor told The Pulse Of Radio that he's relieved the long wait for a new SLIPKNOT record is about to end. "You know, we're really excited about new music," he said. "We're excited about the next chapter, you know. Obviously it's a bit subdued, but at the same time, you know, it's still very much in the spirit of what we want and it's time for the next chapter."

Tickets for the SLIPKNOT's "Prepare For Hell" tour, which will also feature KORN and KING 810, went on sale Friday (September 5). The trek kicks off on October 29 in El Paso, Texas, just a few days after the group's two-day Knotfest event is held in San Bernardino, California.
slipknotband2014_638.jpg

Read more at Slipknot Unveils New Masks In 'The Devil In I' Video - Blabbermouth.net

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Welcome back, At the Gates! The melodic death metal pioneers from Sweden have just unleashed their first piece of new material in 19 years — the title track to their upcoming ‘At War With Reality’ album.

The song definitely grabs you right off the bat with the driving drums of Adrian Erlandsson and heavy guitar work of Anders Bjorler and Martin Larsson. The track stays heavy throughout with vocalist Tomas Lindberg belting with passion.

Bassist Jonas Bjorler states of the song, “We have finally reached the moment for the unveiling of a first full brand new At the Gates song! We have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this record for the past year, and we are very happy to now present you the title track of ‘At War With Reality’. Let the journey begin…”

The ‘At War With Reality’ album is due Oct. 27 via Century Media Records.

soilwork

Reaction score

Welcome back, At the Gates! The melodic death metal pioneers from Sweden have just unleashed their first piece of new material in 19 years — the title track to their upcoming ‘At War With Reality’ album.

The song definitely grabs you right off the bat with the driving drums of Adrian Erlandsson and heavy guitar work of Anders Bjorler and Martin Larsson. The track stays heavy throughout with vocalist Tomas Lindberg belting with passion.

Bassist Jonas Bjorler states of the song, “We have finally reached the moment for the unveiling of a first full brand new At the Gates song! We have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this record for the past year, and we are very happy to now present you the title track of ‘At War With Reality’. Let the journey begin…”

The ‘At War With Reality’ album is due Oct. 27 via Century Media Records.

I cant wait. The true Gotherburg sound!

soilwork

Reaction score
Slaughter of the soul will forever be my number one!

In Flames " Upon An Oaken Throne" on my ipod now haha

Last edited:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
RIP

Singer/guitarist Wayne Static (born Wayne Richard Wells) of the industrial metal band STATIC-X has passed away at the age of 48.
His death was confirmed by Wayne's publicists at FiXT Publicity.

No further details are currently available,
but some of Wayne's associates have indicated that his passing may have been the result of a drug overdose.

----

such a tragic end but it's not e 1st nor will it be e last . :/
haizzz ..

thot there'll be a chance to watch 'em come here for a show .
guess that won't happen now .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.