[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

andr3wyong

Master Member
Reaction score
Loads correctly with internal IP, think its some bug.
Yeah looks like some bug. You can feedback to Asus TSD via their support contact page.

Anyway NAT loopback has always worked automatically as of AC68U, not sure if any major overhaul was done to firewall (well it is very likely, given the new security features) that broke it

tuntun

Reaction score
RMerlin's AC87 releases

376.47 Beta 1 (14-Sept-2014)

- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 2678 (AC87)

- NEW: Report Quantenna FW version on Sysinfo page

- NEW: Enabled experimental FTP and Samba Cloud Sync support in AiCloud. This feature is still in development by Asus, so it might not be fully functional yet.

- NEW: Enabled experimental SNMPD support, under Administration -> SNMP. This feature is still in development by Asus, so it might not be fully functional yet.

- NEW: Added option to enable WAN access to SNMPD, defaults to disabled. (Asus's implementation has it open to the WAN by default)

- CHANGED: Re-increased max allowed FTP user limit to 10 (was reverted to 5 in the GPL merge when the setting was moved to the FTP page)

- FIXED: PPTPD was getting enabled every time you clicked Apply while on the PPTPD VPN Server page

Download ~> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68//Asuswrt-Merlin

now Beta 2?

SimonLam

Reaction score
376.47 Beta 1 seems to load page faster.

Although speed wise, still cant break my 782Mbps own record.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah looks like some bug. You can feedback to Asus TSD via their support contact page.

Anyway NAT loopback has always worked automatically as of AC68U, not sure if any major overhaul was done to firewall (well it is very likely, given the new security features) that broke it

Dear all,

Any issue just feedback to me.

Best regard,
JK

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Any issue just feedback to me.

Best regard,
JK

*poke poke*

May i know are we expecting a newer firmware than 2678 soon? I'm eager to try out the firmware as 2678 is simply toooo buggy. :s22:

andr3wyong

Master Member
Reaction score
Loads correctly with internal IP, think its some bug.
Just tested NAT loopback, it’s working fine on my end.

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-19%20at%209.24.54%20am.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-19%20at%209.24.37%20am.png

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
*poke poke*

May i know are we expecting a newer firmware than 2678 soon? I'm eager to try out the firmware as 2678 is simply toooo buggy. :s22:

Dear renfred89,

RT-AC87U new firmware will be available soon.

We already reach RC build 30 and going to close end for official release.

Best regard,
JK

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.