Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

slowcoach

Reaction score
Had buffet at basilico regent hotel yesterday. Very nice, but the spread not very wide.
Quite a small restaurant but thats OK with me

I must be losing my appetite though as i get older. Cant seem to eat so much

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
Gum sia. Bo try their bread n indian corner? I remember not bad too.

Btw, wat hp you using? Your pic of the lobs not bad. Turned out quite well even on PC monitor.

note 3 lo, i wanted to try the indian store but abit full so give it a misssssss

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Choi! ... i going tonight you know. See, even the heavens going to weep for all the lobsters tats going to perish tonight ...

If bo lobsters, i jitao go next door eat xlb liao :s13: keke, going to do my pre-buffet prep liao

did you manage to get your unlimited lobsters with short queue? yesterday etoilebiscuit said you not confirm going today .. you alone?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you manage to get your unlimited lobsters with short queue? yesterday etoilebiscuit said you not confirm going today .. you alone?

We actually a bit hesitant after all the negative reviews, but luckily ytd's comments slightly better, so decided to just give it a try since we dun have high expectations afterall.

Lobsters generally tough ... or too chewy to be exact. Tough too strong a word. Certain pieces were better though ... Midway, they ran out of lobsters n changed to just serving the pincers. Then a while later, the lobsters came back again. Queue wasn't tat long. Actually restaurant only abt 80% full nia.

Veal cheeks nice. Fatty n tender. Cooked prawns over cooked n not fresh. Oysters not bad. Roasted meats, beef carving, sashimi all okay nia. Their ice cream/sorbet not bad, esp nice is the lime sorbet. Other desserts also avg imo. Although they have several choc desserts, but they added orange peel to the choc which i dun fancy.

Liked their earl grey n mint teas. Service is good.

Overall, okay dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Dun think i will be going back anytime soon even at $52 nett lor. At the same price range, i prefer other places, eg, Hilton's seafood buffet.

Last edited:

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
We actually a bit hesitant after all the negative reviews, but luckily ytd's comments slightly better, so decided to just give it a try since we dun have high expectations afterall.

Lobsters generally tough ... or too chewy to be exact. Tough too strong a word. Certain pieces were better though ... Midway, they ran out of lobsters n changed to just serving the pincers. Then a while later, the lobsters came back again. Queue wasn't tat long. Actually restaurant only abt 80% full nia.

Veal cheeks nice. Fatty n tender. Cooked prawns over cooked n not fresh. Oysters not bad. Roasted meats, beef carving, sashimi all okay nia. Their ice cream/sorbet not bad, esp nice is the lime sorbet. Other desserts also avg imo. Although they have several choc desserts, but they added orange peel to the choc which i dun fancy.

Liked their earl grey n mint teas. Service is good.

Overall, okay dinner. Nothing really outstanding. Dun think i will be going back anytime soon even at $52 nett lor. At the same price range, i prefer other places, eg, Hilton's seafood buffet.

agree with ur post.

joelleyuan loves the lime sorbet and i had it too found it good,
their sorbet really buay pai.

i think 52 eat 1 time ok la, if cont this std den maybe no

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carey, need your advice.

Just did my health screening n a bit worried abt my LDL reading.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much =:p

Triglycerides : should be low(which is good cos trigs are bad)

HDL : should be high (which is good as HDL is considered good cholesterol)

How abt LDL? Should a person on LCHF diet be seeing high or low LDL?

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... :( Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!

Last edited:

Missumuch

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To buffet lovers n all those on high fats meat diet:

eat everything in moderation.
so wat if one's cholesterol level is healthy? eating too much of one particular kind of food increases his risk of getting cancers.
BEWARE!

fm granny mum who surprisingly had gd cholesterol level despite being obese (making fitzai toons both angry n jealous :s13:)
Carey, need your advice.

For a person strictly on the low carb n sugar + high fats diet, what kind of cholesterol profile should he be seeing? Not tat i'm on it, I cheat way too much =:p

Mine is high, which is worrying as LDL is considered bad cholesterol. In fact, the high LDL combined with high HDL resulted in a high total cholesterol reading (although the 'Total/HDL ratio' is still normal).

Remembered you saying that the more impt reading is Triglycerides, but i'm not sure if a 'low Triglycerides with high LDL' profile is considered 'okay'.

My doc asking me to consider cholesterol meds ... :( Not keen. I'll rather go back to drinking veg soups n eating fishes n cutting back on buffets to reduce my LDL. When i did it in '09, my LDL only 63 nia, which is optimal, but its very sian lor.

Gum sia in advance!

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
joelleyuan loves the lime sorbet and i had it too found it good,
their sorbet really buay pai.

i think 52 eat 1 time ok la, if cont this std den maybe no
ya the Lime sorbet was crazy nice.
Anyone has any idea what brand is it? can get from outside?
Shalome tried to ask the guy serving the ice-cream counter but he seemed blur blur... :x

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
ya the Lime sorbet was crazy nice.
Anyone has any idea what brand is it? can get from outside?
Shalome tried to ask the guy serving the ice-cream counter but he seemed blur blur... :x

Twtan last time posted as haagen dazs. I confirmed the server for the icecream counter he stared at me and in doubt. I changed my question.. asked him is it inhouse icecream he said yaya.. somemore the flavors remained the same as of twtan last time reviewed on f1 greenhouse..

I also don't know...

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Twtan last time posted as haagen dazs. I confirmed the server for the icecream counter he stared at me and in doubt. I changed my question.. asked him is it inhouse icecream he said yaya.. somemore the flavors remained the same as of twtan last time reviewed on f1 greenhouse..

I also don't know...

dun think it is haagen dazs, i too like their lime sorbet and chocolate ice cream. Had 2 helpings. I ever ate haagen dazs lime sorbet b4 and it's does not have the lime pieces.

Wow the coffee really quite strong. Cannot sleep at all.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I also don't know...

Was told previously it's from Häagen-Dazs. Last time the lime sorbet was even more sour but maybe they did switch to their own in-house creations.

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was told previously it's from Häagen-Dazs. Last time the lime sorbet was even more sour but maybe they did switch to their own in-house creations.
Even more sour?! wah kao i like! :p

but i googled, Haagen Dazs doesnt seem to have Lime Sorbet leh... only showed Lemon Sorbet... :(

DLMTE.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think maybe icecream is haagen dazs then sorbet inhouse de or something ba

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even more sour?! wah kao i like! :p

but i googled, Haagen Dazs doesnt seem to have Lime Sorbet leh... only showed Lemon Sorbet... :(

Yeah, the lime sorbet very sour last time, actually too sour for me. :D I preferred the current one.

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
alamak...so sour sorbet so many like..haha Perhaps is movenpick instead of haagen, if is a commercial brand instead of in-house

but the icecream dipping cabinet didn't put brand name right if I didn't miss out. Cos I thought if is commercial brand, will need display or something. Although I also not sure about cremo lor.. Lol.

Last edited:

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carey, need your advice.

Gum sia in advance!

My readings all ok, except HDL abit low. Doc recommends more exercise. Lol.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fm granny mum who surprisingly had gd cholesterol level despite being obese (making fitzai toons both angry n jealous :s13:)

Huh? Why be jealous or angry over someone's good fortune? I'm glad that your granny mum is healthy.

So emo now ... i just got upgraded from an old bui bui uncker to one with high cholesterol as well :s8:

My readings all ok, except HDL abit low. Doc recommends more exercise. Lol.

Good for you! You should babysit your 2 kids more often. Hella of an exercise :D Maybe taken up some sports together with them. Great way to bond. Your big daughter can do swimming or something already right?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.