PI - Volks Auto Pte Ltd at Macpherson

petamore

Reaction score
Came across straits ad and also online ads of this company, Volks Auto Pte Ltd.

http://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/PIdealer.php?dcode=1221

Cars are $10k- $20k cheaper than the rest of PIs. Price stated is for 1 bid guaranteed coe at 72k! How can a car be so discounted in an already competitive PI industry.

My quick check from ACRA confirms that the company is a new set up in 2014. A new setup giving massive discounts so that company can attract customers? Not logical, why would anyone do it at a loss? Profits from sale of a car is only a few thousands. Giving such discounts would mean operating at a loss.

Deposit for car is $10k + 10% of car value. Is this industry norms? Thought the norm is just $10k for coe bidding.

My common sense says buy with care. Cheap things do not always mean good things.

Has anyone had his car delivered from this PI? Any reviews?

Last edited:

PrOfAtSiR

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Warranty is an issue. Vw is good car to drive but it comes with big or small problems. Need to pay a lot attention for its maintainance.

My car in and out Svc for more than 5 times for warranty claims already.

To save that 10 to 20k, imho not worth.

TS is talking about a parallel importer company.
not volkwagen.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what makes you say profit from a sale of a PI car is only a few thousands?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
their profit quite high.
Very good earning if they got the lobang.

that's what I thought too, based on simple calculation of historical OMV and other standard cost factors. which is why I'm wondering if TS has a different formula for determining profit from the sale of a new car, which results in a profit of "a few thousands". Perhaps TS was referring only to the cheapest models on sale by Volks Auto, but then again, their prices for these models are not "$10k-$20k" cheaper than other PIs.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My common sense says buy with care. Cheap things do not always mean good things.
Ya man, goto be caution about it as my gut's feel that there maybe a few few few 'hidden/unknown' costs/fee, etc wor.

See anyone bought from them but again, unless it your close friends or someone you know, else whatever mentioned online may not prove 'true' ba as it can be posted by the staffs; perhaps?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ya man, goto be caution about it as my gut's feel that there maybe a few few few 'hidden/unknown' costs/fee, etc wor.

See anyone bought from them but again, unless it your close friends or someone you know, else whatever mentioned online may not prove 'true' ba as it can be posted by the staffs; perhaps?

along the same line, we will never know if TS is from a competitor of Volks Auto, and here to seed negativity about them. the possibilities are endless...

on paper this PI does look to be pricing their cars very competitively, that part is factual. I will just disagree that their pricing results in a loss-making situation.

petamore

Reaction score
I am TS and am interested buyer because price is so much lower than the others. So no need to suspect I am competitor. Those questions are genuine questions which are raised when I think aloud. Looking at harrier. When others offering around 168k with guaranteed coe, this PI selling at 154k also with guaranteed coe. Cheapskate me keen to buy but need to hear feedback first. Scared give so much deposit later no car and no money how? These are my genuine concern.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went down just now.. Door is locked. wah piang eh.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am TS and am interested buyer because price is so much lower than the others. So no need to suspect I am competitor. Those questions are genuine questions which are raised when I think aloud. Looking at harrier. When others offering around 168k with guaranteed coe, this PI selling at 154k also with guaranteed coe. Cheapskate me keen to buy but need to hear feedback first. Scared give so much deposit later no car and no money how? These are my genuine concern.

I assume you are referring to the 2.0 Premium model? It's quoted at $155k on Volks Auto sgcarmart site, is your "154k" a typo? using an estimated OMV of $31.5k, basic cost to PI is around $145k, so selling at $155k still yields a profit of $10k. The next cheapest PI offering guaranteed COE is selling at $156k, and next at $162k, and the next at $163k. Perhaps you are right that they are a new set up, hence being the most competitively priced is their strategy to gain market share, and maybe once the overheads start hitting them month after month, the prices may not be sustainable, just guessing. but what i do notice is that you have consistently twisted words and numbers to cast them in a bad light (3 counts already, and I don't count the potential typo above)...

petamore

Reaction score
I went down to one PI quoted 168k for harrier elegance (paranomic) 3 weeks ago. Last weekend, I was quoted 154k (add: with no hidden costs by Volks Auto and yes its a paranomic).

Zzzzz am not twisting words. Still say I miscount 3 times. I'm also not really into cars. That's why I ask for feedback. End up getting wacked and no feedback received...

Zzzzz...

Add: And dear Wacko, you need to visit showrooms to get the real price of the car. The price stated above is what is quoted by the PI showrooms. You cannot just look at sgcarmart prices and assume it stands.

If apointed distributors make more than 10k on sale of a car, I believe cos of reputation, warranties but for PIs to make that kind of margin, I doubt it. Just my common sense saying it. Everytime go PI, price differs by 1k- 2k the most. Agar agar is there. No calculation to proof. That's why so many PI come and go cos margin is tight.

CASE states that 18% (highest) of total complains come from motor industry.

http://www.case.org.sg/consumer_guides_statistics.aspx

It is after all my hard earned money and i have reason to be cautious and also to conduct background checks.

I also found out that company registered address in sgcarmart is that of the company's corporate secretary at international plaza, not where the showroom is.

The company is also not registered for for gst with our tax authority.

The above may not mean anything but these are points I noted.

And most important, is 10k + 10% of car price as deposit an industry norm? I need input on that. If not I'll just have to work harder this weekend again by visiting showrooms.

Last edited:

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi petamore

I'm looking for cars and also waiting for review ofcvolks auto. Yes their price is competitive but that does not mean that they are making losses... It could mean that they are making less profit compared to other PI's. Having said that I'm having same worry as you and will buy if they can give me immediate delivery.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying PI cars can be a challenge. Please do your own homework. Don't be fooled by lower price. They always over promise and under-deliver in other ways. As a consumer, you lan lan have to accept since $$ already paid for deposit. When you want to get back $$$, always have to beg like a mad man.

Always go with strong and reputable PIs. Check another active car forum like - mycarforum.com

Btw, New Toyota Harrier..Panoramic roof is standard for all models. If im not wrong, the Premium version comes with Auto-Tail gate and some function i can't remember.. maybe bigger rims?

Since you already did some small homework, your gut feel already tell you something fishy..so better don't risk.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To me there is No strong and reputable PIs. My family have experience buying from few so called reputable and case trust PIs who ALWAYS never keep promised even those converted in the contract! In short I don't trust any PIs fully.

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Agree you need to turn up in person in showroom genuine buyer then they say price .. Cause sgcarmart cannot reveal the real prices as open information to competitors etc also

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bound to have bad PIs around.. if you want to buy, just buy IF they hav the car in their showroom, take and go instead of waiting for delivery or shipment. For warranty, dont listen to their ****. Take it with a pinch of salt n sugar

nethdale

Reaction score
Buying PI cars can be a challenge. Please do your own homework. Don't be fooled by lower price. They always over promise and under-deliver in other ways. As a consumer, you lan lan have to accept since $$ already paid for deposit. When you want to get back $$$, always have to beg like a mad man.

Always go with strong and reputable PIs. Check another active car forum like - mycarforum.com

Btw, New Toyota Harrier..Panoramic roof is standard for all models. If im not wrong, the Premium version comes with Auto-Tail gate and some function i can't remember.. maybe bigger rims?

Since you already did some small homework, your gut feel already tell you something fishy..so better don't risk.

Panoramic roof is not standard on all models. In fact it is an additional add on for ALL models. So many PIs think singaporeans want mah so they add in.

toyota.jp

this link will tell u all the differences between models.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.