Microsoft Surface

cy

Reaction score
For such a BIG tech company, there is no email enquiry. Funny right ? you also can't find a single contact email in microsoft store website. :s8:

Yeah lor. Also my England not so powerful, half e time e ang moh don't know what i'm talking....Hahahahaha....

drafting88

Reaction score
In case someone is interested. Harvey Norman has a promotion of 2-year extended warranty for the Surface Pro with an additional payment of $1 only. Usual price of the extended warranty is $165. Source: Today's Straits Times.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I really wish there was no price control here. Every single store sell same prices, even accessories also controlled price.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any issue on the power adaptor? Mine suddenly can't seem to charge. There is light on the adaptor when connect to my surface pro 3

How do I rma the power adaptor?

Last edited:

JoySakurai

Reaction score
I really wish there was no price control here. Every single store sell same prices, even accessories also controlled price.

Just came back from EU, checked prices in Italy, London and Paris, all same price also. But -tax = cheaper la.
Went to see if they had any nice accessories or glass screen protector, all dont have. =\

Vulpix

Reaction score
Anyone has any issue on the power adaptor? Mine suddenly can't seem to charge. There is light on the adaptor when connect to my surface pro 3

Like every other issue in this thread, call Microsoft.

fuzleh

Reaction score

My power adapter became fault 1 day after I received it. Call Microsoft Surface support, request for support ticket. They will send u a replacement adapter without the need of returning the faulty one. Mine took 1 week to arrive. Note that for RMA shipping, they use third party forwarder, meaning to say will have shipping number but cannot track.:s22:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone experience the kick stand (with the Surface engraved side) becoming loose? like, it can move slightly 'in and out' when flat (at zero degree).

also when it's inclined at an angle, the whole piece can also shake a bit.

just wondering if it's normal.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
My power adapter became fault 1 day after I received it. Call Microsoft Surface support, request for support ticket. They will send u a replacement adapter without the need of returning the faulty one. Mine took 1 week to arrive. Note that for RMA shipping, they use third party forwarder, meaning to say will have shipping number but cannot track.:s22:

Thanks for the tip, damn my surface is totally flat

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone experience the kick stand (with the Surface engraved side) becoming loose? like, it can move slightly 'in and out' when flat (at zero degree).

also when it's inclined at an angle, the whole piece can also shake a bit.

just wondering if it's normal.
same. The kick stand isn't like super tight kind. so i guess its normal it moves a little. but if it doesn't hold, then something is wrong

temptemp

Reaction score
very tempted to get a SP3 to replace my HP ultrabook. but I am not sure if this machine is worthy. I got my HP (i5/128 1.5kg 3 years warranty) at 1.3k and it lasted me coming 4 years. I used this machine daily for long hours. till now battery life can last 5-6 hrs, speed is good enough for me. Looking to change bcos of the screen, it's like the color are fading off and wash off. hurts my eyes after long hours of use.

a SP3 I5/128 w ext warranty, mouse, type cover wil cost about 1.9k. and it's afterall a tablet. I'm not sure if it can be used as a daily work laptop replacement. eg the kick stand.. will it last? looks fragile to me haha..

my usage is mainly office, meeting notes taking and watch online dramas.. no gaming.

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very tempted to get a SP3 to replace my HP ultrabook. but I am not sure if this machine is worthy. I got my HP (i5/128 1.5kg 3 years warranty) at 1.3k and it lasted me coming 4 years. I used this machine daily for long hours. till now battery life can last 5-6 hrs, speed is good enough for me. Looking to change bcos of the screen, it's like the color are fading off and wash off. hurts my eyes after long hours of use.

a SP3 I5/128 w ext warranty, mouse, type cover wil cost about 1.9k. and it's afterall a tablet. I'm not sure if it can be used as a daily work laptop replacement. eg the kick stand.. will it last? looks fragile to me haha..

my usage is mainly office, meeting notes taking and watch online dramas.. no gaming.

i'm currently using i5/128. also mainly using for work (office, internet) and some entertainment (youtube)... no gaming.

i used it daily for around 10-12 hours at work. no issue. don't have to worry about lag and stuff. very speedy.

it's not really a tablet ("it's afterall a tablet"). it's meant to replace laptops, and it does. not a gaming laptop, but it's truly versatile. its power is good enough and is a true laptop.

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm currently using i5/128. also mainly using for work (office, internet) and some entertainment (youtube)... no gaming.

i used it daily for around 10-12 hours at work. no issue. don't have to worry about lag and stuff. very speedy.

it's not really a tablet ("it's afterall a tablet"). it's meant to replace laptops, and it does. not a gaming laptop, but it's truly versatile. its power is good enough and is a true laptop.

I have tried countless tablet or hybrid since windows 8 laugh...

The sp3 is by far far far the best. Super good for productivity and the only hybrid I enjoy using as a tablet because it's so light..

I highly recommend...no other hybrid comes even near

vincent007

Reaction score
How do I go to sleep mode?
I remember when I first got my SP3, I only need to press the power button once.
Now when I press the power button, it prompts me to slide down to shut down.
The only way is to close with my Type Cover. But when my type cover not attached, it's a problem. "Choose what the power button does" is already set to Sleep for all conditions.

Just now was the worst, I went out from home and when I reached my destination, my SP3 was hot, apparently it was still on and went to the "camera" mode. Battery dropped to 50% :(

Also problem with my WiFi sometimes.
Also the DPI problem.
Sigh, it is a good hybrid laptop/table, but some issues are there.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank bro mango for taking the time and effort in helping us order the skins and sp. Thanks bro!

vincent007

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88854970 said:
Did you enable hyper-v or change your power plan settings?

Nope, I also saw that in another thread from google. But nope, it's not enabled.
I have restored the default settings also, didnt help.

BUT I got it resolved. Here is what I did
- I did create a custom power plan. But although I switched it back to the original one, still same issue. So just to be safe, I deleted it.
- I enable Hyper V and then disable it. This needs restart.
And voila after the above 2, now my SP3 goes to sleep mode.
Not sure which one actually solves the problem.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zzz this thread is useless without pictures

10599674_10152574815577935_9142719765935149746_n.jpg

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Took me a while to realize you're talking about SCSI over USB. OK I may be completely wrong because I don't have compatible hardware to test but here's the deal.

UAS is a emulation of the SCSI protocol to work over USB. It's NOT SAS which is purely hardware-based SCSI. Software is always slower than hardware. Having said that, UAS does provide data request queuing to USB data transfer, similar to SATA NCQ. This reduces the latency of the data request & prioritise certain types of data BUT it doesn't really increase throughput according to Wiki, which states that UAS transfer will still not saturate the SATA-3 limits.

So no doubt SATA-3 is 6Gbps & the SSD is 520-530MB/s transfer, that's only possible on a SATA interface. Only way to find out is to plug it into another PC to try.

On the SP3, you can try to set it to Performance Power Profile to increase PCI-bus performance & see if the transfer rate improves.

Yup I'll try to test the SSD enclosures (w UASP) in another laptop later once I can get a hand on it.

UASP is supported in Windows 8 natively so I supposedly it's also supported in Windows 8.1

Windows*8: What's new for USB (Windows Drivers)

And if those SSD enclosure manufacturers claimed their enclosure supports UASP I don't see why the performance cannot hit about 450MB/s

I think there's a compatibility issue in the UASP implementation

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.