Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

luckyguitar

Reaction score
what vpn are u using for bloodzeed? I'm thinking of getting a refund but they only have 7 day refund policy and I'm just past it. damn.

Haven't tried bloodzeed for a while now. If you just need it for Netflix/Hulu (only US servers), there are loads of vpns that will do the job. Astrill have servers in a lot of countries, great US connections. I have a Cyberghost premium account, which is not great, but still ok. Another decent option is Ironsocket. I tested them with Hulu and it streams HD with no buffering issues.

Did you contact PIA technical support? Maybe they can help troubleshoot, sometimes there are other causes for poor speed. If it is just US server that you need, it might be better to buy a cheap vps like ramnode and setup your own tunneling. You get better speed and latency.

sajidali27

Reaction score
What is the best VPN service, either paid or free, for breaking through Chinese firewalls? I was using Astrill but its not supporting well now..

oric1

Reaction score
What is the best VPN service, either paid or free, for breaking through Chinese firewalls? I was using Astrill but its not supporting well now..

You should get their helpdesk to look into it. I'm using Astrill too, last time I had the same issue, they fixed it.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so impressed with Astrill with this new function

On May 2011, the Great Firewall of China did a probe which blocked VPNs temporarily. Unfortunately on Dec 2012, the Great Firewall of China ISPs and government worked really hard to block all existing VPN protocols. They have updated GFW so it can now learn, detect and block VPN protocols in real-time and automatically. All standard protocols like OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, IPSec, SSTP are blocked. They use DPI (deep packet inspection) to detect IP addresses running VPN protocols. Then it takes them a few hours or in best case 1 day to block these IPs.

This practically means standard VPN protocols will not work in China anymore. Not now or ever. Censorship in China will become much worse. They are making new laws which will make VPNs illegal and request from Internet users to use their real name when signing up on web sites.

All VPN providers are affected by this block, not just Astrill in China. Even big companies like Apple are affected and their employees have problems to connect to their corporate VPN from China.

Protect your traffic with double encryption and undetectable VPN protocol

As a response to Great Firewall of China VPN blocking events, we decided to create a new VPN protocol that is not detectable as VPN protocol and which works in China. We named those new protocols StealthVPN and RouterPro VPN.

StealthVPN and RouterPro VPN is our customized version of OpenVPN, and is our solution which works in China. StealthVPN add-on is for computers only (Windows, Mac OSX and Linux), and RouterPro VPN add-on is for routers only (DD-WRT, Tomato, TomatoUSB, ASUS Merlin, RMerl/asuswrt-merlin). While both StealthVPN and RouterPro VPN protocols were originally designed for China users, anyone can use this protocols as means to prevent your ISP Throttling Your Internet Connection.

The new protocols StealthVPN and RouterPro VPN are designed to make it really hard to detect and block. The new protocol has 2-layers of encryption for even better security. Standard price for StealthVPN add-on is $5/month and $10/month for RouterPro VPN add-on. This fee is necessary to cover development and maintenance costs and server expenses, as this new protocol uses much more system resources due to two layers of encryption.

herzog21

Reaction score
I am looking at hidemyass.com as a vpn provider. what i need a vpn for is to watch hulu as well as to dl/upload movies to maintain my ratio and prevent it from falling into negative territory.

starhub keeps throttling my speeds and i am pretty pissed. any recommendation for a good vpn provider which provide good speed for watching hulu as well as downloading and uploading movies?

weaselmalt

Reaction score
starhub keeps throttling my speeds and i am pretty pissed. any recommendation for a good vpn provider which provide good speed for watching hulu as well as downloading and uploading movies?

Hi! I would like to recommend zenVPN.net for watching Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Go.You can try this for free though, and has a low monthly rate. I have been using their service for quite sometime now and they never fail me. Fast and Anonymous internet connection at its best.

eslayer09

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any recommendation for a good VPN to watch PPTV, LETV apps on IPad ? (only watch on iPad)
Have actually signed up for a free trial for Astrill, however noticed that the china server (china telecom) only available to full account user
So can't really test Astrill on this ..

Last edited:

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any recommendation for a good VPN to watch PPTV, LETV apps on IPad ? (only watch on iPad)
Have actually signed up for a free trial for Astrill, however noticed that the china server (china telecom) only available to full account user
So can't really test Astrill on this ..

ask them covert to full account for 3 days instead of 7 days

eslayer09

Reaction score
ask them covert to full account for 3 days instead of 7 days

Thks, managed to get full access for 3 days
However, when I used the china telecom server, I am still being recognized as in USA and hence unable to see the contents in PPTV
Did I choose the wrong server ?

bodohboy

Reaction score
Hi bros here.

I am interested in signing up for a VPN service and after scrolling through pages of review on this thread I conclude that Astrill is the best overall.

So the question I want to ask is, if by subscribing to Astrill's services will I be able to stream bloodzeed and even premierleaguepass.com?

Thanks in advance!

luckyguitar

Reaction score
Hi bros here.

I am interested in signing up for a VPN service and after scrolling through pages of review on this thread I conclude that Astrill is the best overall.

So the question I want to ask is, if by subscribing to Astrill's services will I be able to stream bloodzeed and even premierleaguepass.com?

Thanks in advance!

Do you really need a vpn for bloodzeed? There are some who say the ISPs are blocking their streams, but i loaded one match as a test and it works fine. You can also easily find 2 or 3 other streams with same quality as bloodzeed, amidst some may not come with english commentary.

I suggest you go with something like unotelly, unblock-us or adfreetime for PLP. I have tried with both DNS and VPN for PLP, the former definitely delivers a more stable stream.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like we need some Vpn provider for China. Still can't find suitable one. Astrill doesn't work for me. Their apps also crash a few times or hang

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ASTRILL or any other VPN doesn't work for china streaming anymore

don't bother......

forlorenes

Reaction score
there's a few deals going on, i'll just post them here for anyone who is interested.

CyberGhost VPN
Free 6 month premium. Just fill in your email and they'll send you your activation key.(webpage is in german). 29569 keys left as of this post.
cyberghostvpn dot com/de_de/campaign/pcwelt_sept2014

SwitchVPN
1 month free with this code:SR29XBP0XT (working as of posting this). works only for pro combo and choose 1 month bill cycle, no paypal or credit card info needed.
switchvpn dot net/order

replace the "dot" with "." obviously

Last edited:

aaragore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 of u using astrill singapore (1) server and cant connect to hulu?

it seems i have to choose pure US servers in order to connect, if not proxy error on apple tv shows up

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.