SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

toaddd

Reaction score
Can i ask if i take ippt next week, will it be the old or new system which includes pushup. i will be taking it in bedok fcc

Calander

Reaction score
Can i ask if i take ippt next week, will it be the old or new system which includes pushup. i will be taking it in bedok fcc

still the old system. understand that it's only april onwards than only it is the new sys.

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
No more RT liao.

There are always the 8 RT sessions waiting for you.

No longer a need for RT if you have completed IPT. Is as indicated in the NS Portal now.

Quoting from the portal:

"Please PASS your IPPT or COMPLETE your IPT. If not, you will need to take RT in your next birthday window."

By the way, is anyone having issues with their Mobile app not being able to book IPT?

Huh no RT??

but i complete my IPT 10 sessions, and now i still have to do RT. But the RT got until 2015 to clear coz they extend the RT window....

how come u all so good do IPT, then no need the 8 RT??

From NS portal:
Under the new IPPT management system, your current RT window has been extended to 17 Nov 2015.

You are required to attend RT in your current window because you did not meet your IPPT/IPT requirements in your previous IPPT/IPT window.

You have NOT COMPLETED your RT for the period from 18 Aug 2014 to 17 Nov 2015.

Please COMPLETE your 8 RT sessions by 17 Nov 2015, otherwise you will be subjected to disciplinary action.

Calander

Reaction score
you will have to contact NS call centre to clarify your issue.

Huh no RT??

but i complete my IPT 10 sessions, and now i still have to do RT. But the RT got until 2015 to clear coz they extend the RT window....

how come u all so good do IPT, then no need the 8 RT??

From NS portal:
Under the new IPPT management system, your current RT window has been extended to 17 Nov 2015.

You are required to attend RT in your current window because you did not meet your IPPT/IPT requirements in your previous IPPT/IPT window.

You have NOT COMPLETED your RT for the period from 18 Aug 2014 to 17 Nov 2015.

Please COMPLETE your 8 RT sessions by 17 Nov 2015, otherwise you will be subjected to disciplinary action.

zencro

Reaction score
Hey, anyone knows if I did not complete my IPT cycle this year, I'll have to go for RT in the new IPPT cycle right?

Then what if I then pass the new 3-station IPPT in the new cycle, am I still liable for RT?

I seemed to have found the answer. Seems like RT is still required, as non-ICT IPPT cannot be booked.

Under the enhanced NS IPPT management system are NSmen in RT allowed to participate in non-ICT IPPT that are not the stipulated RT-IPPT tests?

In the new system, NSmen in the RT programme will only be allowed to participate in ICT-IPPT or RT-IPPT on the stipulated 8th, 14th and 20th RT sessions. NSmen are given sufficient time to attempt and pass their IPPT during the 12-month IPPT window. NSmen that are in the RT programme are deemed to be servicemen that require help to train for and pass IPPT. As such, it is mandatory for NSmen in the RT programme to participate in at least 7 training sessions before they are allowed to attempt the IPPT.

magersxx

Reaction score
i recently took ippt last saturday and failed. all station ok just running jia lat so my window up till jan 2015 if i second attempt ippt and still fail again how? i just ord this year march so fast running cui

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
er... if you ORD this March and your birthday is in January then right now you are in year 0, which means that taking your IPPT is optional.

if IPPT pass will still get money, but if fail or any attempt at all nothing will happen.

your year 1 will start on your first birthday after you ORD... i.e. January 2015.

never attempt IPPT at least once during the yearly window which result in a IPPT defaulter charge.

got attempt but never pass or never complete IPT, then you will have to go for RT. never complete the entire RT package will result in a RT defaulter charge.

kinnik

Reaction score
er... if you ORD this March and your birthday is in January then right now you are in year 0, which means that taking your IPPT is optional.

if IPPT pass will still get money, but if fail or any attempt at all nothing will happen.

your year 1 will start on your first birthday after you ORD... i.e. January 2015.

never attempt IPPT at least once during the yearly window which result in a IPPT defaulter charge.

got attempt but never pass or never complete IPT, then you will have to go for RT. never complete the entire RT package will result in a RT defaulter charge.

whats the meaning of IPPT defaulter? I thot the window is one year from your bdae? if they change to 9 months window means no more yearly izzit?

Calander

Reaction score
whats the meaning of IPPT defaulter? I thot the window is one year from your bdae? if they change to 9 months window means no more yearly izzit?

definitions of ippt defaulter has been explained.

and what do you mean by "if they change to 9 months window" whereby now is already 12 months (yearly)??

magersxx

Reaction score

thank you!

sweet_talker1

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, I understand that on the 8th, 14th and 20th RT session, there will be ippt conducted.

If I do all the static stations but skip the 2.4km run, will my attendance still be taken, or they will void which means I will be considered as absence?

Thanks in advance.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I understand that on the 8th, 14th and 20th RT session, there will be ippt conducted.

If I do all the static stations but skip the 2.4km run, will my attendance still be taken, or they will void which means I will be considered as absence?

Thanks in advance.

for RT-IPPT, you cannot skip the 2.4km run. even if you walk for 35mins, they will wait for you to walk finish. Else attendance no count.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

must complete the whole run. Cannot dropout halfway too. If dropout halfway, attendance no count.

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh guys i heard from a fren now they open ipt sessions for nsmen during lunch hours...12.30 to 2pm, is this true?...

kinnik

Reaction score
definitions of ippt defaulter has been explained.

and what do you mean by "if they change to 9 months window" whereby now is already 12 months (yearly)??

I was one of those suay one where my 9months window close b4 they officially change to 12months..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.