Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiro

Reaction score
hi, does any1 know how many aircon can be installed in a 4 room hdb flat? currently there are 2 aircons (1 compressor) in 1 master bedroom and 1 normal bedroom, my room using window unit but spoil alrdy. sorry total noob here.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
after using the starmax aircon for 3 months it has a bad smell coming out from the aircon any tips on how to get rib of the smell? btw i clean my aircon fillters every 2 weeks and i switch to fan mode for 1hr before shut off to dry the internals... guess i did not enough:(

terumo

Reaction score
To xiaoheng,

Maybe some dirt was accumulated in the roller. Might need a service to clean it away.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Xiaoheng,

Good job on the self upkeep. Even though the starmex makes self cleaning easy, it does take effort to be doing this constantly :)

Environmental odor/smell/dust can be sucked into your system as the aircon circulates the air inside your room. Therefore odor from the air emitted is more common for those who tend to smoke in the room, do not have the habit of opening the windows to air out the room, have pets that sleep with them etc. Sometimes we do get some odd visitors such as dead roaches or lizards inside too :eek:

Do consider to have your installer come up for servicing since your unit is still under warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

after using the starmax aircon for 3 months it has a bad smell coming out from the aircon any tips on how to get rib of the smell? btw i clean my aircon fillters every 2 weeks and i switch to fan mode for 1hr before shut off to dry the internals... guess i did not enough:(

xiaoheng

Reaction score
thx maxicoolservices and terumo for info :) i got a called from Mit.E they told me try open up the window and run on fan mode for 10-20mins before going cold mode and test for a week and see how it goes... i dun smoke but i eat inside my room so might be one of the reason too will try to find a solution for this :)

benjiro

Reaction score
hi, does any1 know how to check aircon's amp? currently my 4 room hdb flat is capped at total 8.5amp, the aircon i'm planning to buy is 3.3amp. my other aircon is very old, not sure how to check its amp to make sure total does not exceed 8.5amp.

hope some1 can provide insight.

Nonsense

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my air com installed for my new bto. Noticed the ticks on the Mitsubishi is 2 ticks. Always thought it is 4 ticks.
Anyway I got a system 3 plus a single outdoor unit. All for 4250. Considered good buy?

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i noticed when i lock down my blower flap at a certain angle there is a rattling noise coming from it. Should i be concerned? I just change the angle of the flap and there is no more rattling

quincymmx

Reaction score
Contacted CT aircon for a quote, they're asking 80% upfront before installations and 20% balance right after finish installation is it reasonable? thanks

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contacted CT aircon for a quote, they're asking 80% upfront before installations and 20% balance right after finish installation is it reasonable? thanks

Being asked 200 deposit...remaining after installation..up to u..

xiaoheng

Reaction score
after the smell from the aircon solved... now a new problem jus encounter today... when trying to swtich to Cold mode from Fan mode aircon not blowing out any cold air... after a few try *on/off etc it finally blow out cold air... :( damm suay wondering wats is the problems...

terumo

Reaction score
To Xiaoheng,

Usually fan mode to cool mode, need 1-3 mins for the compressor to kick in.
So if need to wait a while, its normal.

Roasty

Reaction score
is this a good quote?

can anyone comment on this? getting two System 3 Mitsubishi Starmex.

thanks in advance!!

from a local aircon vendor:

Supply and install air con with 1/2” Armaflex insulation, copper pipe gauge 23 and 16mm PVC drainage piping by exposed trunking

1(a)Location : Master bedroom & Common room x 2
Brand : Mitsubishi Electric (refrigerant : R410A)
Model : MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 2 / MSY-GE13VA (system 3)
Fan coil capacity : 2 X 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,942 Btu/hr
All turn on capacity : 2 X 7,540 Btu/hr + 10,508 Btu/hr

Price with 7% GST : $3,541.70 per set

(b)Location : Common room + Living Hall + Dining Area

Brand : Mitsubishi Electric (refrigerant : R410A)
Model : MXY-3A28VA /MSY-GE10 /MSY-GE13 /MSY-GE18 (system 3)
Fan coil capacity : 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,942 Btu/hr + 16,377 Btu/hr
All turn on capacity : 5,800 Btu/hr + 8,154 Btu/hr + 11,634 Btu/hr

Price with 7% GST : $3,787.80 per set

aunty lucy

Reaction score
Hello Xiaoheng,

Good job on the self upkeep. Even though the starmex makes self cleaning easy, it does take effort to be doing this constantly :)

Environmental odor/smell/dust can be sucked into your system as the aircon circulates the air inside your room. Therefore odor from the air emitted is more common for those who tend to smoke in the room, do not have the habit of opening the windows to air out the room, have pets that sleep with them etc. Sometimes we do get some odd visitors such as dead roaches or lizards inside too :eek:

Do consider to have your installer come up for servicing since your unit is still under warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
which company got serving warranty ? u just want look for sale in here ....

xiaoheng

Reaction score
To Xiaoheng,

Usually fan mode to cool mode, need 1-3 mins for the compressor to kick in.
So if need to wait a while, its normal.

yea i understand... i notice the problem when its already pass 20+mins and still blowing warm air that's when i notice it cannot trigger the cold mode even thuo controller is at cold mode... and u need to on/off switch in between fan and cold mode many times then u might get it to trigger the cold mode... the Mit tech is coming down this tue see how it goes... will update here :(

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would like to get a System 2 aircon for my parent's studio apartment.

Basically, just the bedroom and the living room. Is it possible to install a more stronger aircon in the living room compared to the bedroom?

Any bros can recommend a good brand and nice contractor to install the aircon?

Thanks in advance.

bhx_sg

Reaction score
What are the common brands recommended? Starmex? Toshiba? Looking at System 4 for 4 room new BTO. Normally what are the shops with more competitive pricing and what freebies, parts, installation cost, etc to look out for? (Copper tubing? Compressor?) Please advise and help!!! :) Thanks!

katoboy

Reaction score
Hi guy may I know that can a 4 room HDB flat install system 3 plus system 1 air-conditioning total of 2 compassor will it be approve any advise is appreciate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.