New iPads rumoured to be Unveiled on Oct 21

nickylong

Reaction score
Where this link ? So big model...

Rival already come out with 12.2

Can't you see Tim is following market demand than Steve jobs way of managing, which is total,opposite. Market demand follows apple lead.

Now, even the uncle around my neighbourhood also saying Tim is following trend. People go big , he go big. Where is the apple spirit?

EldonChew

Reaction score

Can't you see Tim is following market demand than Steve jobs way of managing, which is total,opposite. Market demand follows apple lead.

Now, even the uncle around my neighbourhood also saying Tim is following trend. People go big , he go big. Where is the apple spirit?

Seriously?

Stay at 4" people say so small, now got 4.7" and 5.5" say follow trend?

What could they have done with the "Apple spirit"? Stay at 4"?

Tim Cook said:
Honestly …we could have done a larger iPhone years ago.. It’s never just about making a larger phone. It’s about making a better phone in every single way.

Oh.. it doesn't matter what rival come out with, look at how many versions and variants of Samsung Galaxy Tabs they released omg lol

But they combined are not as successful as the iPad - why?

Because Samsung just throw all the things out there and hope one of them takes off.

-Design sucks
-Hardware and software not written well - they just throw RAM at it and hopes it will be smooth
-Rampant technology for technology's sake - who uses eye scroll?

Reaction score

Another quote from Tim Cook, "The philosophy [of Apple] has always been to be the best, not the first. If you look back in time at Apple, the iPod. The iPod was not the first MP3 player. It was arguably the best, and arguably it was the first modern one. But not the first. The iPhone was not the first smartphone. BlackBerry was shipping phones, Palm was shipping phones. iPhone was the first modern smartphone. And then if you look at iPad—tablets were shipping a decade before. And yet, iPad arguably was the first modern tablet, and the first one that met any level of commercial success."

And he's right! Apple is not a short-sighted company like Samsung. You can see this just by looking at the development cycle of their products. They took 3 years to come up with the Apple watch, and they are still working on it right now, choosing to ship it in 2015 and missing the crucial Christmas 2014 season.

Samsung, on the other hand, rushes products to market. And most importantly, you can always get the sense that they themselves do not have confidence in their products. Let me give you an example. They moved forward the launch of the Note 4 and slashed the price in certain regions because iPhone 6 and 6+ sales are doing incredibly well. If they have a good product on their hands, why rush to market and compromise the quality and integrity of their products? Another example. They released the Galaxy Alpha, with a 4.7" screen and a aluminium frame to tackle the iPhone 6. Their strategy is to use the Alpha to counter the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 to counter the 6+. But didn't they release the Galaxy S5 a few months ago? And that's not forgetting they also released countless variants of the S5 in the past few months. They have a S5 variant with a QHD screen, 3GB Ram and Snapdragon 805. They have another one with with a 1080p screen, 2gb Ram and Snapdragon 805.
So which phones are the flagships? And can you tell me how many smartwatches Samsung has released in the short span of a year?

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im still sticking to my iPad 2. People have no idea iPad 2 is the best iPad out there for the value of money.

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
I still have my "new iPad" (iPad3).
Whatever happened to Google Glass?

EldonChew

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Google Glass?

It's just not feasible.. I think Larry Page watch too much sci-fi movie liao :s12:
----

iPad Air 2 rumour round-up:

- A8(2GB RAM) & M8
- Updated camera(iPhone 5s')
- Slightly thinner design with updated speaker grills and volume button like the iPhone 6's(+anti-reflective coating)
- Touch ID(NFC too maybe)
- Gold option

Retina iPad Mini 2 similar upgrades to iPad Air 2 but maybe with 1GB RAM

I think hor.. they going to introduce multitasking for iPad during the event.. we will see

Reaction score
It's just not feasible.. I think Larry Page watch too much sci-fi movie liao :s12:
----

iPad Air 2 rumour round-up:

- A8(2GB RAM) & M8
- Updated camera(iPhone 5s')
- Slightly thinner design with updated speaker grills and volume button like the iPhone 6's(+anti-reflective coating)
- Touch ID(NFC too maybe)
- Gold option

Retina iPad Mini 2 similar upgrades to iPad Air 2 but maybe with 1GB RAM

I think hor.. they going to introduce multitasking for iPad during the event.. we will see

iPad Mini 3rd gen is rumoured to not go on sale at the same time as iPad Air 2. Rumoured to go on sale around same time frame as iPad Pro(or whatever they end up calling it).

But my iPad Air is still performing so well and I'm so satisfied that I don't really see the need to upgrade this year :D

mewmart

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad Mini 3rd gen is rumoured to not go on sale at the same time as iPad Air 2. Rumoured to go on sale around same time frame as iPad Pro(or whatever they end up calling it).

But my iPad Air is still performing so well and I'm so satisfied that I don't really see the need to upgrade this year :D

Exactly :o Really happy with the performance and weight and battery life. I love the iPad Air (1st tablet btw)

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another quote from Tim Cook, "The philosophy [of Apple] has always been to be the best, not the first. If you look back in time at Apple, the iPod. The iPod was not the first MP3 player. It was arguably the best, and arguably it was the first modern one. But not the first. The iPhone was not the first smartphone. BlackBerry was shipping phones, Palm was shipping phones. iPhone was the first modern smartphone. And then if you look at iPad—tablets were shipping a decade before. And yet, iPad arguably was the first modern tablet, and the first one that met any level of commercial success."

And he's right! Apple is not a short-sighted company like Samsung. You can see this just by looking at the development cycle of their products. They took 3 years to come up with the Apple watch, and they are still working on it right now, choosing to ship it in 2015 and missing the crucial Christmas 2014 season.

Samsung, on the other hand, rushes products to market. And most importantly, you can always get the sense that they themselves do not have confidence in their products. Let me give you an example. They moved forward the launch of the Note 4 and slashed the price in certain regions because iPhone 6 and 6+ sales are doing incredibly well. If they have a good product on their hands, why rush to market and compromise the quality and integrity of their products? Another example. They released the Galaxy Alpha, with a 4.7" screen and a aluminium frame to tackle the iPhone 6. Their strategy is to use the Alpha to counter the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 to counter the 6+. But didn't they release the Galaxy S5 a few months ago? And that's not forgetting they also released countless variants of the S5 in the past few months. They have a S5 variant with a QHD screen, 3GB Ram and Snapdragon 805. They have another one with with a 1080p screen, 2gb Ram and Snapdragon 805.
So which phones are the flagships? And can you tell me how many smartwatches Samsung has released in the short span of a year?

Well said wel said... Upz...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.