Xiaomi's Routers!

guyz92

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong. Configure 5012NV in bridge meaning ( disable the DHCP / connect the internet Wan / Lan connect to Xiaomi router ). Very sorry I am not good in network and cannot figure this out. Google whole day liao doesn't seem to find the answer. Thanks.

Go to this link:

http://192.168.1.254/singtel

password: techsupport

now go to this link:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_1

scroll all the way down, uncheck the routing checkbox.

Once the setting is configured correctly and reboot the 2Wire router.
Plug LAN port 1 of 2Wire to WAN port of xiaomi router.
Xiaomi router - > set WAN as DHCP.

Once all the above is set correctly, you should be able to surf the internet via xiaomi router.

If you have MIO Voice or MIO TV, the Mio TV should be plug to Port 4 of 2Wire 5012NV-002 and Mio Voice should be still working on 5012NV unless you are on the new configuration which IP Voice via ONT.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using this Mi router for almost 4 months. Have to say that its really quite good. Using it with my Starhub fiber. No drop connections, consistent speeds, range is good. Machine does not get too hot, and its quiet. Although i have to confess that i hardly touch the 1Tb HDD.

Not sure why Xiaomi does not want to bring it into SG

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using this Mi router for almost 4 months. Have to say that its really quite good. Using it with my Starhub fiber. No drop connections, consistent speeds, range is good. Machine does not get too hot, and its quiet. Although i have to confess that i hardly touch the 1Tb HDD.

can it be set to client mode?

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score

Just ran some tests since i got upgraded to 200Mbps SH finer

Placed my MacPro just next to the MiRouter, wireless.

Cannot test via cable cos MP no ethernet ..haha

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
qxBsn0N.jpg

Sent from GAGT Android App

Wolfmaster

Reaction score
No sound no picture on the router....

Think xiaomi still cannot satisfy domestic demand cos not so keen to bring to other places.

I got mine thru Taobao.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
based on the specs on Xiaomi's official chinese website, the Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Mini can go up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and up to 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi.

but then the spec also states that the mini router only has 2 x 10/100 LAN ports and 1 x 10/100 WAN ports. so isn't mini router's max throughput bottlenecked at 100Mbps?

so like that how is the mini router going to achieve 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi? :s22:

xiaomi market the mini router as AC1167 when in reality it is effectively only AC200. :s13:

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
based on the specs on Xiaomi's official chinese website, the Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Mini can go up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and up to 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi.

but then the spec also states that the mini router only has 2 x 10/100 LAN ports and 1 x 10/100 WAN ports. so isn't mini router's max throughput bottlenecked at 100Mbps?

so like that how is the mini router going to achieve 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi? :s22:

xiaomi market the mini router as AC1167 when in reality it is effectively only AC200. :s13:

WLAN internal transfers. :s13: File server to media player.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.