jgthung

Reaction score
i just got my PORTER TANKER 30th ANNIVERSARY SHOULDER BAG
from head-porter.Need to wait for 2 week to come ,very nice

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I am thinking of getting a porter tote bag when i go japan next month. I think i read somewhere in this thread that Kura Chika stores don't give tax rebate?

If I see on the website, the bag is Y18,500 plus tax.
Means if i go Kura Chika at Parco, I will need to fork out Y18,500 plus another 8% tax?

TIA!

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can go to the harajuku head porter outlet just get my bag from there and have tax refund

maybe i can't do that, cos the particular bag i want only can find in the Kura Chika outlet inside Parco Ikebukuro. :(:(

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I am thinking of getting a porter tote bag when i go japan next month. I think i read somewhere in this thread that Kura Chika stores don't give tax rebate?

If I see on the website, the bag is Y18,500 plus tax.
Means if i go Kura Chika at Parco, I will need to fork out Y18,500 plus another 8% tax?

TIA!

PRODUCT[

Please use the above webby to search for the exact model you are going to buy there, this website will usually only list the japanese SRP for the item excluding tax so yes you have to calculate another 8% to it as the finalised pricing (written as +税 on the page). Like for example for my fav Heat Series, for this particular small shoulder bag the final SRP is actually 15,660 JPY after including the tax in. (I have counter-checked with some popular website regarding this such as from other Rakuten/zozo.jp shopping websites, as those webbies usually will state the prices after including 8% tax)

The above method only applies for Kurachika's official store outlets in Japan. If you are however buying from Parco at Ikebukuro, there may be a chance that the Kurachika authorised dealer store outlet may be able to offer you a 8% tax refund so you will have to enquire at the storefront when you visit there. By normal standard procedures, I have checked for you that Parco have stated they do not offer 8% tax exemption for foreigner visitors normally so looks like you will have to check with the store physically yourself as I have no personal experience with regards to purchasing Yoshida Porter goods at Parco outlets myself.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can go to the harajuku head porter outlet just get my bag from there and have tax refund

FYI Head Porter does not share the same line of product model releases as Kurachika Yoshida Porter lah, please don't anyhow come in here to mislead other people pls leh.
:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PRODUCT[

Please use the above webby to search for the exact model you are going to buy there, this website will usually only list the japanese SRP for the item excluding tax so yes you have to calculate another 8% to it as the finalised pricing (written as +税 on the page). Like for example for my fav Heat Series, for this particular small shoulder bag the final SRP is actually 15,660 JPY after including the tax in. (I have counter-checked with some popular website regarding this such as from other Rakuten/zozo.jp shopping websites, as those webbies usually will state the prices after including 8% tax)

The above method only applies for Kurachika's official store outlets in Japan. If you are however buying from Parco at Ikebukuro, there may be a chance that the Kurachika authorised dealer store outlet may be able to offer you a 8% tax refund so you will have to enquire at the storefront when you visit there. By normal standard procedures, I have checked for you that Parco have stated they do not offer 8% tax exemption for foreigner visitors normally so looks like you will have to check with the store physically yourself as I have no personal experience with regards to purchasing Yoshida Porter goods at Parco outlets myself.

Wah, thanks a lot for the explanation. I will just factor in the 8% tax in case i can't get the rebate.

one more qn, i am unsure if the shop at Parco has ready stock of the bag i want. How to ask them in advance? Or can place order with them first?

Thanks again!

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, thanks a lot for the explanation. I will just factor in the 8% tax in case i can't get the rebate.

one more qn, i am unsure if the shop at Parco has ready stock of the bag i want. How to ask them in advance? Or can place order with them first?

Thanks again!

Albedo, I'm sorry but I really have no idea regarding yr question abt that. You can just try to use the Yoshidakaban.com search engine as I suggested, search up on the model of the bag you previously saw that you are interested in getting. Take down the model no. and the actual MSRP amount w/o tax then when you go down the Parco branch outlet at Ikebukuro, just enquire with the staffs there yrself. Worse come to worse, if no stock at Parco just drop by the official Omotesando outlet in Harajuku since it isn't far away, you don't really save that much even if there's no 8% tax exemption for you to claim anyway, since you are already buying something this expensive over there during yr holiday trip.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Albedo, I'm sorry but I really have no idea regarding yr question abt that. You can just try to use the Yoshidakaban.com search engine as I suggested, search up on the model of the bag you previously saw that you are interested in getting. Take down the model no. and the actual MSRP amount w/o tax then when you go down the Parco branch outlet at Ikebukuro, just enquire with the staffs there yrself. Worse come to worse, if no stock at Parco just drop by the official Omotesando outlet in Harajuku since it isn't far away, you don't really save that much even if there's no 8% tax exemption for you to claim anyway, since you are already buying something this expensive over there during yr holiday trip.

I think u misunderstood my qn.
I don't mind the 8%, i am more worried about no stock of the bag. So can I ask them about the availability or if I can order the bag first?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think u misunderstood my qn.
I don't mind the 8%, i am more worried about no stock of the bag. So can I ask them about the availability or if I can order the bag first?

:s22::s22:

Um look, I not in-charge of the Kurachika branch over at the Parco store of Ikebukuro, what makes you think I have any idea regarding that? :s13::s13: I mean, if you are staying in Tokyo long enough, just try and ask them even if they have no stocks? But based on what I know, most of the Yoshida Porter stuffs you are interested in are very likely to have ample stocks at their official branch outlets as listed below, compared to the smaller chains of authorised dealer shops such as those found at Parco.

SHOP INFO[
SHOP INFO[
SHOP INFO[

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s22::s22:

Um look, I not in-charge of the Kurachika branch over at the Parco store of Ikebukuro, what makes you think I have any idea regarding that? :s13::s13: I mean, if you are staying in Tokyo long enough, just try and ask them even if they have no stocks? But based on what I know, most of the Yoshida Porter stuffs you are interested in are very likely to have ample stocks at their official branch outlets as listed below, compared to the smaller chains of authorised dealer shops such as those found at Parco.

SHOP INFO[
SHOP INFO[
SHOP INFO[

I did some browsing, seems like the bag i want is only available at the outlet at Parco Ikebukuro.
Thanks! I will go try my luck, have stock or not is up to fate liao. Haha...

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came back from Tokyo.

Before I went, i emailed Porter and check with them the availability of the models I wanted. Either my taste is good or suay, all not available anymore. In the end, picked one that I saw in Tokyu Hands.

Porter's support thru email is surprisingly good.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came back from Tokyo.

Before I went, i emailed Porter and check with them the availability of the models I wanted. Either my taste is good or suay, all not available anymore. In the end, picked one that I saw in Tokyu Hands.

Porter's support thru email is surprisingly good.

Yoshida Porter's line-up all along a few yrs once will swap models/colors with newer line-up series one. That's why back then during October when u posted yr original inquiry on this thread, I already responded to you with their Yoshidakaban online site catalogue to ask you to browse through their models, if it is not listed there means very likely discontinued/EOLed already. Tokyu Hands/Parco stores are just one of their stockist retailers in JP carrying their merchandise goods, very often their in-stock items gets sold out very fast or restocking status are much worse compared to the 3 flagship stores I had mentioned in my posts previously.

Sometimes Yoshida and Headporter will also run special collaborations with big name labels in JP such as BEAMS or Sony with special season releases, once these special edition merchandises gets sold out they will not re-manufacture them anymore.
:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.