Microsoft Surface

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
same.. i also have problems connecting mini DP to HDMI. Somehow it can detect the second screen but nothing shows...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
used Chrome last night amd felt that the scrolling isn't as snappy as the IE.

sianz. are there any better 3rd party browser with bookmark sync function? How is firefox performance on the SP3?

am currently using Mercury browser on my iOS, which has addon extension for Chrome.

I just installed Chrome, and hasn't encountered any heat issue.

It should be solved with the update, right?

Need Chrome to sync all my bookmarks.

Last edited:

alan_shearer

Reaction score
am using firefox on SP3. Very good but the only problem is my other machines/gadgets are all Mac-based and I use safari on those. So bookmark syncing is an issue :(

Firefox on its own on the windows platform is the best I have used so far.

sianz. are there any better 3rd party browser with bookmark sync function? How is firefox performance on the SP3?

am currently using Mercury browser on my iOS, which has addon extension for Chrome.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
great to hear that. will try out firefox tonight.

am using firefox on SP3. Very good but the only problem is my other machines/gadgets are all Mac-based and I use safari on those. So bookmark syncing is an issue :(

Firefox on its own on the windows platform is the best I have used so far.

RequiemDK

Reaction score
same.. i also have problems connecting mini DP to HDMI. Somehow it can detect the second screen but nothing shows...

Two findings from me.

1. If I connect the adapter to the hdmi cable first which is then connected to the TV, THEN connect the adapter to the SP3, no issue.

2. If I connect the adapter to the SP3 first, then connect the hdmi cable to the adapter and TV, it never works.

Seems like the SP3 only detects a secondary display at the moment the mini-DP to HDMI/VGA adapter is connected to it. After that it stops bothering to detect things.

Casperz

Reaction score

same issue. scrolling with IE is almost like scrolling on a piece of paper. chrome scrolling is so choppy. but what to do, IE sux.

When u click on an editable field in chrome, keyboard automatically appears. in IE u have to manually enable and disable the keyboard. very lousy.

echoblue

Reaction score
same issue. scrolling with IE is almost like scrolling on a piece of paper. chrome scrolling is so choppy. but what to do, IE sux.

When u click on an editable field in chrome, keyboard automatically appears. in IE u have to manually enable and disable the keyboard. very lousy.

Try the IE touch version

knave

Master Member
Reaction score

Chrome pops out the touch screen keyboard every time you touch a field. IE only auto pops out if you do not attach the keyboard, which should the correct setup.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, got my screen protector for my SP3 today. Ordered on the 11th, sent from Korea and got it today.

Was quite impressed with the packaging, as the item was packed in a cardboard tube to ensure that the item is not bend or fold.

Sticking it was quite easy, and there was no bubble. The fitting was excellent, as it fit almost edge to edge, and there was allowance made for the speakers. The camera and 2 sensors were cut out in a single oblong cavity.

And here come the single biggest disappointment! Handwriting with the pen was not smooth. You can feel that the pen was skipping on top of the screen, when the pen was running across the screen, rendering the handwriting recognition system useless.

It was only after using some soap water to clean the film, it got slightly better. I think I'll look for a new protector to replace this soon, as I think the screen protector will wear off' the nib of pen in no time.

Is the glass screen protector smooth for writing?

waiting for the casing and screen protector i ordered from Qoo10.

Leather Flip Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 14160
Qoo10 - Leather Flip Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 14160 : Smartphone / Tablet

[Microsoft][Healing Shield] MicroSoft SURFACE Series (SURFACE Pro SURFACE Pro2 Pro 2 SURFACE Pro3 Pro 3 SURFACE RT SURFACE 2) - Made in Korea
Qoo10 - [Healing Shield] MicroSoft SURFACE Series (SURFACE Pro SURFACE Pro2 Pr... : Smartphone / Tab...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, agreed on that. I installed the firefox last night and was not use to it. Reinstalled Chrome and will stick to it for now.

BTW, is there any swipe selection for the on-screen keyboard? Something similar to iOS Android keyboard addon, where you can highlight the text by hold & swipe from the backspace & shift button?

Chrome pops out the touch screen keyboard every time you touch a field. IE only auto pops out if you do not attach the keyboard, which should the correct setup.

minute_me

Reaction score
I have a very new black type cover, used few days only. returned my surface but did not return the type cover. Not going to get a new surface pro at the moment. Letting go at 30% off recommended retail price. PM me if interested. thanks.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two findings from me.

1. If I connect the adapter to the hdmi cable first which is then connected to the TV, THEN connect the adapter to Ithe SP3, no issue.

2. If I connect the adapter to the SP3 first, then connect the hdmi cable to the adapter and TV, it never works.

Seems like the SP3 only detects a secondary display at the moment the mini-DP to HDMI/VGA adapter is connected to it. After that it stops bothering to detect things.

In my case, the LG tv detects the presence of the HDMI input device. In fact, if I do a print screen, it shows the main screen + extended screen. But the TV just do not output image on it's screen.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
In my case, the LG tv detects the presence of the HDMI input device. In fact, if I do a print screen, it shows the main screen + extended screen. But the TV just do not output image on it's screen.
Eh i also got this problem... I give up trying to find out the problem liao. Going to try to find a WiDi to do miracast... but these devices damn ex... any lobang anyone?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Eh i also got this problem... I give up trying to find out the problem liao. Going to try to find a WiDi to do miracast... but these devices damn ex... any lobang anyone?

Read my posts #4838 & 4844

You either use the coming soon MS Miracast Wireless Display adapter or use the miniDP-to-HDMI adapter by j5create

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i use a non-powered USB hub to connect an external harddisk and mouse? Does it work?

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
10660273_980013405347444_6965062222004015488_n.jpg

Trade up and save up to $500* with Surface Pro 3 and Office 365 offers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.