iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air

duriand24

Reaction score
Finally, the release of iPad Air 2 was officially announced by Apple this morning. Now comes the Q on whether to upgrade or not.

I am holding on to an iPad Air, I have been consistently upgrading my iPad during each new release except from iPad 3 to the new iPad. Some key specs of iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air are:

Thickness: 6.1mm vs 7.5mm
Weight: 437g vs 469g
Colour: Gold & Silver & Grey vs Silver & Grey
Screen: Fully Laminated Display vs Nil
Antireflective Coating (reduces glare by 56%) vs Nil
Camera: 8MP (Rear) & 1.2MP (Front) vs 5MP (Rear) & 1.2MP (Front)
Burst Mode vs Nil
Video: Slow Motion vs Nil
Chip: A8 & M8 Motion Compressor vs A7 & M7 Motion Compressor
iOS8 vs iOS7
Sensor: Touch ID Fingerprint vs Nil

Apple iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air: Should I Upgrade?

To upgrade or not? :s11::s11::s11:

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want the Touch ID and the isight camera, then it is worthwhile to upgrade IMHO. I am using the ipad air now too

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
My iPad 4 can't start up, so am looking to get the iPad Air 2. Question is when it will be available?

kalasala

Reaction score
Finally, the release of iPad Air 2 was officially announced by Apple this morning. Now comes the Q on whether to upgrade or not.

I am holding on to an iPad Air, I have been consistently upgrading my iPad during each new release except from iPad 3 to the new iPad. Some key specs of iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air are:

Thickness: 6.1mm vs 7.5mm
Weight: 437g vs 469g
Colour: Gold & Silver & Grey vs Silver & Grey
Screen: Fully Laminated Display vs Nil
Antireflective Coating (reduces glare by 56%) vs Nil
Camera: 8MP (Rear) & 1.2MP (Front) vs 5MP (Rear) & 1.2MP (Front)
Burst Mode vs Nil
Video: Slow Motion vs Nil
Chip: A8 & M8 Motion Compressor vs A7 & M7 Motion Compressor
iOS8 vs iOS7
Sensor: Touch ID Fingerprint vs Nil

Apple iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air: Should I Upgrade?

To upgrade or not? :s11::s11::s11:

Hoot 1st then said...I am in the same situation as you. I will be upgrading from ipad air to air 2 for the gold color.

sg_scouser

Reaction score
wonder what's the resale value of air..if high enough I might upgrade..else stay out with my air

godslayers

Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading my iPad 2 to the iPad Air 2, which is quite a few generations jump. I don't think the Air to Air 2 is really worth it.

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
never announce anything. but rumors very strong. im hoping for the best

speedster4005

Reaction score
1. If you really need the processor and graphics speed bump, then go for it. I believe iPad Air's power is still ok in terms of majority app performance. I can still play a 15GB-file Full HD MKV movie - no lags.

2. 34 grams diff, not much, IMO.

3. Gold? I like the color, but not enough for me to upgrade.

4. Camera? If you got an iPhone 5 or better, then may not warrant an upgrade too, yah?

5. Touch Id. Ah, this one I want. But can still manage entering passwords ;-)

6. Current investment on iPad Air - Glass screen protector (cost me a bomb, casing (Apple Leather case, pretty pricey too), sleeve (iPad Air 2 can fit but may be loose)

For me, I'll skip this one. Will wait for the jump on the specs for iPad Air 3 (if they call it like that).

xl8080

Reaction score
I sold my iPad 3rd gen 4 celluar model. Now since the price drop for iPad Air 1. Worth to get? Or should go straight to Air 2?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.