iPad Air 2 vs iPad Air

EldonChew

Reaction score
2GB RAM is pretty much confirmed based on parts leaked a few days ago

MacRumours said:
A 1GB Elpida chip would have an "8" in the second character slot, while a 2GB chip would have an "A" in the same spot. Because of the quality of the image, it is difficult to say for certain what the character is, but it does appear to be an "A" rather than an "8" given that it is narrower at the top and wider at the bottom.

Ef3mHm5.jpg

Just beside the A8X
bL2dff9.jpg

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The side switch beside the volume rockers is gone in the Air 2 but still remain on the mini 3.

Not sure to upgrade my first gen mini or not.

Also the Display is not upgraded. Now has lower ppi than most competitors

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only concern is whether the iPad air 2 will have bending issue since its so thin :s22:

EldonChew

Reaction score
The side switch beside the volume rockers is gone in the Air 2 but still remain on the mini 3.

Not sure to upgrade my first gen mini or not

The Mini 3 and 2 has colour gamut issues(63% instead of 100%)
--

Get the iPad Air 2, Touch ID, faster performance and 2GB RAM is sure worth $140

yXh5Nuk.png

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will skip this upgrade. Still believe my current ipad air can still serve me well. Not really a graphics intense user for games or doing anything that can use up alot of ram on my ipad.

Weight issue doesnt matter much since mine is always in casing

Camera functions wise my 6 plus or dslr can compensate for it. Megapixels is juz a number not an improvement to the quality of pics taken

Touch id is nice to have not a necessity imo. Same like color.

Also invested quite a sum of money for casings/sp/ tempered glass for ipad air so it will be a waste if i upgrade again

Will wait for nxt gen to upgrade

BehQnKuX

Reaction score
I sold my iPad 3rd gen 4 celluar model. Now since the price drop for iPad Air 1. Worth to get? Or should go straight to Air 2?

I have the same model, how much did you manage to sell it for ?
I have the 32GB version.

ahboyboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently having iPad mini 1st gen.
planning to sell it. not sure if i should get iPad mini 2 or iPad air 2.

anyone can advice?

jnetsix

Reaction score

anyone can advice?

iPad mini 1st gen size is it ok for u?
What do you need to do for extra processing or high res screen?
Do u change for the sake of changing?
Last question for you, do you want something different? Get Air2!

ahboyboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPad mini 1st gen size is it ok for u?
What do you need to do for extra processing or high res screen?
Do u change for the sake of changing?
Last question for you, do you want something different? Get Air2!

i certainly like the size of iPad mini.
Also looking for a speed upgrade and have a higher res screen to enjoy high res photos thus selling my 1st gen away :).

For air2, i like the fact that it is thin. but i am afraid that it is still too big for my liking.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will get iPad Air 2 becoz currently using ipad2

And the timing is right

If have more current models, maybe can wait and wait for next round

Just like have iphone5 so didn't upgrade to 5s or 5c but wait for iphone6

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyone can advice?

As a iPad Mini 1st gen user myself... I would go for Air 2...

And I'll go for Wifi because I realized that I've not been really using the 3G/LTE.

It'll probably be a workhorse for me in video/photos editing...

And oh yes... if the Air 2 ever lands on my hands... this would probably be the first iPad I've own that I would not put screen protectors on it...
Why would I want to increase the reflection on this beautiful designed screen?

And based on my experience on iPad's screen... it's pretty durable... plus it would be in a decent case plus cover...

Last edited:

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
1. If you really need the processor and graphics speed bump, then go for it. I believe iPad Air's power is still ok in terms of majority app performance. I can still play a 15GB-file Full HD MKV movie - no lags.

2. 34 grams diff, not much, IMO.

3. Gold? I like the color, but not enough for me to upgrade.

4. Camera? If you got an iPhone 5 or better, then may not warrant an upgrade too, yah?

5. Touch Id. Ah, this one I want. But can still manage entering passwords ;-)

6. Current investment on iPad Air - Glass screen protector (cost me a bomb, casing (Apple Leather case, pretty pricey too), sleeve (iPad Air 2 can fit but may be loose)

For me, I'll skip this one. Will wait for the jump on the specs for iPad Air 3 (if they call it like that).

Same situation; not worth to upgrade for me too since I use my Air for web surfing and the occasional youtube.

Waiting for the specs of the next bigger screen ipad.

SimonLam

Reaction score
1. If you really need the processor and graphics speed bump, then go for it. I believe iPad Air's power is still ok in terms of majority app performance. I can still play a 15GB-file Full HD MKV movie - no lags.

2. 34 grams diff, not much, IMO.

3. Gold? I like the color, but not enough for me to upgrade.

4. Camera? If you got an iPhone 5 or better, then may not warrant an upgrade too, yah?

5. Touch Id. Ah, this one I want. But can still manage entering passwords ;-)

6. Current investment on iPad Air - Glass screen protector (cost me a bomb, casing (Apple Leather case, pretty pricey too), sleeve (iPad Air 2 can fit but may be loose)

For me, I'll skip this one. Will wait for the jump on the specs for iPad Air 3 (if they call it like that).

iPad Air 3? Oct 2015. :D

addictzz

Reaction score
As a iPad Mini 1st gen user myself... I would go for Air 2...

And I'll go for Wifi because I realized that I've not been really using the 3G/LTE.

It'll probably be a workhorse for me in video/photos editing...

And oh yes... if the Air 2 ever lands on my hands... this would probably be the first iPad I've own that I would not put screen protectors on it...
Why would I want to increase the reflection on this beautiful designed screen?

And based on my experience on iPad's screen... it's pretty durable... plus it would be in a decent case plus cover...

Why not install a glossy screen protector? it would still make the colors pop out.

nyanthar

Reaction score
ipad air 2 Silver 16G wifi only

Selling ipad air 2 Silver 16G wifi only. SGD600.Brand New sealed, won company lucky draw.

message to 9two47six794

Mr. Bushido

Reaction score
I will skip this upgrade. Still believe my current ipad air can still serve me well. Not really a graphics intense user for games or doing anything that can use up alot of ram on my ipad.

Weight issue doesnt matter much since mine is always in casing

Camera functions wise my 6 plus or dslr can compensate for it. Megapixels is juz a number not an improvement to the quality of pics taken

Touch id is nice to have not a necessity imo. Same like color.

Also invested quite a sum of money for casings/sp/ tempered glass for ipad air so it will be a waste if i upgrade again

Will wait for nxt gen to upgrade

I'm using iPad Air as well. Decided to not upgrade this year and wait for next year's iPad Air 3, as my Air is still running like a champ :D from Air to Air 3 will be a bigger jump.

I'm hoping for them to increase the screen resolution and maybe introduce a 256GB storage option. But I guess if you are shopping for a tablet this season, you might as well go for Air2. It costs more, but has better specifications than the Air. I hear that the increase to 2GB RAM has greatly reduced app refresh rates and page reload in Safari.

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using iPad Air as well. Decided to not upgrade this year and wait for next year's iPad Air 3, as my Air is still running like a champ :D from Air to Air 3 will be a bigger jump.

I'm hoping for them to increase the screen resolution and maybe introduce a 256GB storage option. But I guess if you are shopping for a tablet this season, you might as well go for Air2. It costs more, but has better specifications than the Air. I hear that the increase to 2GB RAM has greatly reduced app refresh rates and page reload in Safari.

Due to some unfortunate event, I moved up from AIR to AIR 2 and I can say this.

The 2GB RAM and buffed up GPU really helps but then if you talk about cost to cost in ROI.

AIR to AIR 2 is not worth it because most of the apps are still built towards older specifications hardware!

Yes the APP refresh is really much better and honest A8X chip responds much faster (That was a full restore from my AIR image to AIR 2) My AIR 2 shuts down way way faster than AIR!

But to normal usage no different unless for the stupid APP refresh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.