Xiaomi's Routers!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
based on the specs on Xiaomi's official chinese website, the Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Mini can go up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and up to 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi.

but then the spec also states that the mini router only has 2 x 10/100 LAN ports and 1 x 10/100 WAN ports. so isn't mini router's max throughput bottlenecked at 100Mbps?

so like that how is the mini router going to achieve 300Mbps on 2.4GHz wifi and 867Mbps on 5GHz wifi? :s22:

xiaomi market the mini router as AC1167 when in reality it is effectively only AC200. :s13:

The figures are highest it can achieve. But in real life, under the normal setup, you should be very happy if you can get 100Mbps on wireless.

humanrace

Reaction score
Hi i stay in a new 5room bto flat and currently using the singtel 2wire router provided. Am only on 6mbps old contract and due to jump ship to M1 fiber in Janurary. Not able to receive wifi signal in the masterbed room. Was thinking of getting this modem, since it has AC band, would it increase my wifi coverage in the bedroom? How can i configure it to still use miovoice over the current 2wire modem?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i stay in a new 5room bto flat and currently using the singtel 2wire router provided. Am only on 6mbps old contract and due to jump ship to M1 fiber in Janurary. Not able to receive wifi signal in the masterbed room. Was thinking of getting this modem, since it has AC band, would it increase my wifi coverage in the bedroom? How can i configure it to still use miovoice over the current 2wire modem?

new bto flats come with cat6 cable at all tel point, just change the wall plate to rj45 and you can link singtel router to bedroom using cat6 cable.

leodrio

Reaction score
xiaomi mini router

i just received the xiaomi mini router that i bought from taobao. I can confirm that the WAN port is 100mbps only and the AC wireless is 433 Mbps. Did local network speed test, my 5ghz N can hit ard 14MB/s but via the mi AC ard 7MB/s.

not a good purchase :(

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just received the xiaomi mini router that i bought from taobao. I can confirm that the WAN port is 100mbps only and the AC wireless is 433 Mbps. Did local network speed test, my 5ghz N can hit ard 14MB/s but via the mi AC ard 7MB/s.

not a good purchase :(

how did you do the test? what are the configurations? distance, equipments...etc

leodrio

Reaction score
how did you do the test? what are the configurations? distance, equipments...etc

I've a Synology NAS at home. DualBand N is via Asus N56U and the AC is via the Xiaomi.

Mi Router <--- Main Router ----> N56U

connected via a Cat 6 cable
Using my mac's terminal with the rsync command, to test transferring a 300mb file.
(i don't have the screenshot for this anymore)

As for internet...
I've 100mbps singtel fibre

AC Xiaomi 5ghz
3322tzq.png

DualN Asus N56U 5ghz
2lc1obs.png

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah... like that the Mi Wi-Fi Mini totally not worth buying at all.

so disappointing performance despite all the hype.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Xiaomi Taiwan is teasing the launch of Mi Wi-Fi Mini is soon at Taiwan ~
10687061_673688399416933_3153389136404424550_n.png

Sent from GAGT Android App

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Lolz. Just bought the mini router from taobao. Gonna use it as an access points for my IP cameras. Cheap solution for a poor man. Lolz

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am tempted to get the mini router and use it as a wireless-ac AP for my laptop.

anyone know if it is possible to use the usb port for AP?

theoretically that usb 2.0 port should be faster than the 10/100 WAN port. :s13:

Rilapuma

Reaction score
meaning if i get it for >100mbps, i wont be able to max out the trf since WAN is 10/100?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
ok. received my router from taobao. its not really mini. just slim. and yes, disappointed tat its 10/100 for both WAN/LAN. so putting an AC wireless makes the product looks plain dumb and stoopid just like how redmi is designed to be only 1GB RAM.

overall, its cheap for an access point for my IP cameras.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah. its the trackpad one... gonna run some stressful wifi test next week using my 8 pieces of vstarcam ip cam.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.