iPad Air 2 Screen issues

LunaSouL

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read that its always the same spot, one guy had 5 ipads and all has the same issue, but only when u exert force on the right bezel

i think its not that a biggy lar

addictzz

Reaction score
So far only that spot will show that distortion. Suspect that's where the logic board is. Tried on the left side, no such screen issue.

I tried too and the distortion spot happen. Funny thing is, I hold it using my left hand and the distortion happen at the same spot the picture is showing. And I tried to press the iPad in various spots at the back...guess what, the screen distortion only happens at that particular spot.

If you check ifixit tear down, you are right, the logic board is at that right side. But I don't remember what is exactly positioned at that middle part.

EldonChew

Reaction score
If you check ifixit tear down, you are right, the logic board is at that right side. But I don't remember what is exactly positioned at that middle part.

Middle is battery? :s11:

d4dUy3cEftlApqat

yMuU4kkiQ5WLt2gx

addictzz

Reaction score
middle right. dead center and large area at the left is battery.

Actually from that ifixit pics, looks like the spot is where the A8X cpu is.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
middle right. dead center and large area at the left is battery.

Actually from that ifixit pics, looks like the spot is where the A8X cpu is.

probably got no battery to act as support and with the display being even thinner now, bound to have this issue just like we go touch the lcd display with our fingers.

addictzz

Reaction score
probably got no battery to act as support and with the display being even thinner now, bound to have this issue just like we go touch the lcd display with our fingers.

Does it happen to Air 1 too? Or maybe since the display in Air 1 is not laminated, there is an air gap between display layers that the pressure from lower display does not show in the front display.

jmksqjt

Reaction score
screen distortion due to pressure applied is gonna be a huge problem for me
i intend to get iPad to take digital notes...

:( my stylus is on its way to sg,my iPad air 2 case & full body protection just shipped out....

if i still haven't order iPad cox no stock at singtel shop online, now got many screen problem,
don't know if i should get iPad air 2 now or wait till apple come up with better batch

Sebbyng

Reaction score
I have personally tested the Air 2 sound/vibration. Though I felt the vibration, IMHO, it's not a defect and since I use headset mostly, its a non issue.

As for the spot appearing on the screen while holding at the lower right side of the iPad, it does happen. And IMHO it's not a defect. It's due to the design. Since I use case on the iPad, this is also a non issue.

I suppose it's really to each his own. For those who are bothered, then, perhaps Air 2 it's not for you.

GoToSea

Reaction score
Yes keep telling urself its not defect.. That shall make u feel better.
IMO, its design flaw.

kalasala

Reaction score
I have personally tested the Air 2 sound/vibration. Though I felt the vibration, IMHO, it's not a defect and since I use headset mostly, its a non issue.

As for the spot appearing on the screen while holding at the lower right side of the iPad, it does happen. And IMHO it's not a defect. It's due to the design. Since I use case on the iPad, this is also a non issue.

I suppose it's really to each his own. For those who are bothered, then, perhaps Air 2 it's not for you.

Yes I agree, since I am using it with a case...not an issue for me too.

frekedech

Reaction score
is anyone returned your ipad?

Returning mine :D
Actually, I opt for replacement. The anti-reflective coating on mine has peeled off. I thought it was oil spits, yet it still persist when i tried to clean them.

Here's one spot of them (see the dots around the light reflections). There three more scattered around the screen, even the white bezel does have them.
xCUS0sk7

Last edited:

addictzz

Reaction score
I am going for a replacement cos of the distortion issues. Want to see if the replacement set also suffer from this problem.

I support you fully on getting replacement and get the best display that you can possibly have. But...I tried to check the distortion problem in 3 apple stores already...seems like all have leh. One is more prominent than the others but all can see when you shake the ipad while holding with right hand.

shadez9

Reaction score
I support you fully on getting replacement and get the best display that you can possibly have. But...I tried to check the distortion problem in 3 apple stores already...seems like all have leh. One is more prominent than the others but all can see when you shake the ipad while holding with right hand.

Yah, I also tested a few demo sets from various stores. Agree all have this issue but its the degree of "severity". Hopefully this new set will not distort so much.

shadez9

Reaction score
So got a replacement set and the new set is so much better - no distortion unless I press really really hard. But alas! There is a speck of dust under the screen! Sigh can't have the perfect one... Not sure if I want to get another replacement.. What do you guys think?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.