• refurbished mini 2 at $628

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • new mini 3 at $868

Votes: 32 24.2%

• Total voters

machapple

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share? Does the Ipad mini 2 come stocked with IOS8.1? How does its performance fare with IOS8.1?

laucm

Reaction score
Anyone care to share? Does the Ipad mini 2 come stocked with IOS8.1? How does its performance fare with IOS8.1?
Just received my refurbished mini 2 yesterday. Stock with 7.1.2, probably because it is refurbished. New ipad mini shld come with latest ios. Anyway I updated to 8.1. Running good so far.

charleytan

Reaction score
Just received my refurbished mini 2 yesterday. Stock with 7.1.2, probably because it is refurbished. New ipad mini shld come with latest ios. Anyway I updated to 8.1. Running good so far.

I spoke to the Apple staff via the online chat platform before, she told me that the older generations of iPads bought from the online store will be loaded with the latest iOS. I didn't ask about refurbished ones though.

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ah... Mine came with 7.1.1... Wifi model btw...

mun

Reaction score
I think thanks to this thread, most of the refurbished mini 2 are not available except the 128GB version

karlipod

Reaction score
Hi all

Any idea where did apple stores get their refurnished set?

I saw from almost all selling floor that the ipad mini 2 screen got problem. It is brighter at the bottom of the screen right above the charging port and dimmer at the right side. I asked the sales person, some told me that they can't tell there is any light problem on screen. Some told me because customers mishandling and the display set been there since day 1. I asked them why ipad air no such issue, they unable to tell....

mrbytez

Reaction score
Got the Mini 3... Gold was the deciding factor for my wife..

I got the Air 2 but then... find that its a tad too bulky... wanna get the Mini 3 too... lol

Veloso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where still got stock for iPad Mini 2 WiFi version only 32gb?

alzw87

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to share, I received my mini 2 wifi, screen was yellowish. Pending Apple for replacement. :(

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share, I received my mini 2 wifi, screen was yellowish. Pending Apple for replacement. :(

Call them lo should be fast. My first set got scratch plus trapped dust at the screen.

They give me replacement before I could return them the original. So weekend I got 2 mini to play with

alzw87

Master Member
Reaction score
That's sad. Was it obvious? Yours new or refurbished?

refurbished. :s22: yup quite when compare side-by-side with my gf one.

Call them lo should be fast. My first set got scratch plus trapped dust at the screen.

They give me replacement before I could return them the original. So weekend I got 2 mini to play with

yup just called but they need to check if there are stocks for refurbished ones. else refund and have to get a brand new instead. :s8:

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use for one week ask for refund and get from education store... $30 discount

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
refurbished. :s22: yup quite when compare side-by-side with my gf one.

yup just called but they need to check if there are stocks for refurbished ones. else refund and have to get a brand new instead. :s8:

Compared side to side sure kena this one is yellowish thingy one.

But my understanding when learning bout color calibration is that... The right colour display should be towards to warmer yellowish.

So if hers is looks bluer... I would keep yours. Just enjoy your iPad as itself. Comparing is no end one because somehow one would differ from another when comparing side by side.

In addition, the screen protector does affect the color a bit also.
With and without the display color do differs slightly.

Last edited:

Ddarksire

Reaction score
Any ipad mini retina user encounter image retention problem? Both new and refurbish.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.