ONEPlus ONE phone

Fresh7788

Reaction score
hi guys,

My problem went from

1)the screen would hang there and reboot over n over again- thought it was a harddisk failure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwUtBY6Yus

2) Audo FX issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hL6dPNnOhs

Its true that the same steps here will help to rectify the issues.
[GUIDE]Fix!!! Brickloop/Audio FX FC/EFS Corr… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums

however each time i tried i hit a wall and each problem i overcome i hit another, i'm not a very IT savy person.- it's frustrating as some of the people around the world did their best to assist me but it did not go according to what was suppose to be the outcome.( i was suppose to see that response but got another)

my biggest problem is-my command prompt did not recognize the command i type- spend some time on it and came across below video which was a life saver! once i did below. the above steps went according to plan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AszIAz4PSI

hope this helps! took me many hours to figure this out. in case you guys encounter problems that looks like your harddisk fail. i didn't even root the device, it just happened suddenly!

highdiver_2000

Reaction score
hi guys,

My problem went from

1)the screen would hang there and reboot over n over again- thought it was a harddisk failure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwUtBY6Yus

2) Audo FX issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hL6dPNnOhs

Its true that the same steps here will help to rectify the issues.
[GUIDE]Fix!!! Brickloop/Audio FX FC/EFS Corr… | OnePlus One | XDA Forums

however each time i tried i hit a wall and each problem i overcome i hit another, i'm not a very IT savy person.- it's frustrating as some of the people around the world did their best to assist me but it did not go according to what was suppose to be the outcome.( i was suppose to see that response but got another)

my biggest problem is-my command prompt did not recognize the command i type- spend some time on it and came across below video which was a life saver! once i did below. the above steps went according to plan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AszIAz4PSI

hope this helps! took me many hours to figure this out. in case you guys encounter problems that looks like your harddisk fail. i didn't even root the device, it just happened suddenly!

Did you use a different nick on One+ forum? :s13::s13::s13:

Anyway :s12::s12: for you.

Fresh7788

Reaction score
Hi bro, i didn't post anything on the one plus one forum- i only PM the people who share the problems- yah thank goodness i got it settle! was thinking ****- i need to buy another hp! i just got this in aug

Darthbra

Reaction score
Hi All, newbie here with OPO. I just got the international set and it seems i'm having issues getting LTE/4G signal... I tried searching around the net for solutions and so far have tried these steps:
  1. Go to phone dail and type *#*#4636#*#*
  2. Select Phone information and update preferred network to LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
  3. Try to find the APN as "Sunsurf" (I'm using M1), but couldn't find any such options...

I am also having issues sending/receiving messages via Whatsapp and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the above.

Could anyone help me please?

highdiver_2000

Reaction score
Hi bro, i didn't post anything on the one plus one forum- i only PM the people who share the problems- yah thank goodness i got it settle! was thinking ****- i need to buy another hp! i just got this in aug

I hang around there more often than here.:D

Darthbra

Reaction score
I guess you can receive SMS or you would not be able to setup Whatsapp.

BTW, in quick settings, your network bars (2G, 3G, 4G doesn't matter) are orange or white?
White - good, can connect to Google
Orange - no network or network is not connected to Google.

If you can't find the sunsurf APN, create your own.
M1 APN settings - Alfred's New Ramblings

Hi!, Yes, I can receive SMS. Still can have internet access just that can't perform the previously mentioned. Hence i guess "White" status.

BTW, the sunsurf APN settings link you shared, is that customized to only 3G or it doesn't matter as long as I try to create a sunsurf APN first?

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!, Yes, I can receive SMS. Still can have internet access just that can't perform the previously mentioned. Hence i guess "White" status.

BTW, the sunsurf APN settings link you shared, is that customized to only 3G or it doesn't matter as long as I try to create a sunsurf APN first?

You need to create a new data profile with sunsurf as apn.

Miworld does not support 4g.

vannister

Reaction score
I paid up hopshopgo on fri morning, gotten it on next Thursday morning.
I counted its 7 days.

About a week bah

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get the phone this week.

On another note, I purchased a Diztronic case and CGW is closed on weekends?

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Closed PORTLAND, OR 97230 October 26, 2014 2:39 pm
Business Closed PORTLAND, OR 97230 October 26, 2014 12:17 pm

miyamiya

Reaction score

By right should have sunsurf as an option in your APN selection. Not sure why you can't find it. CM11S stock rom definitely has the option.

Can ask what's your CM11S version?

Last edited:

highdiver_2000

Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get the phone this week.

On another note, I purchased a Diztronic case and CGW is closed on weekends?

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Closed PORTLAND, OR 97230 October 26, 2014 2:39 pm
Business Closed PORTLAND, OR 97230 October 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Should have bought in Sg. HWz market

highdiver_2000

Reaction score

BTW, the sunsurf APN settings link you shared, is that customized to only 3G or it doesn't matter as long as I try to
create a sunsurf APN first?

My plan is 3G. Using that guide, it works for me. No idea about 4G.

You need to create a new data profile with sunsurf as apn.

Miworld does not support 4g.

IIRC Miworld is GPRS or 2G.

highdiver_2000

Reaction score
Good review :)

The only issue i have with it is the flashlight turning itself on while inside my pocket...

Only used the phone briefly during a recent overseas trip

And even then, it served as a hotspot for our phones :s13:

Disable the flash light gesture. The vertical gesture and movement in the pants can trigger it. Even in 38R

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Remainder:

One Plus One pre-order period lasts for one-hour on October 27th

Pre-orders for the OnePlus One will take place starting next Monday, October 27th. Previously, the only way to purchase the device was to obtain an invitation from the manufacturer. OnePlus used this method in order to keep track of supply and demand. The manufacturer tried to make sure that it didn't produce more handsets than invitations. Doing so would mean that OnePlus spent more money than it needed to, in order to satisfy demand.

While the pre-order period starts at 11am Eastern Time on October 27th, it will end after just one hour. That's right, OnePlus is allowing buyers only 60 minutes to reserve a OnePlus One. Buyers are not allowed to reserve more than two of each item, including discounted accessories. The pre-orders are being processed by PayPal. Despite taking pre-orders (albeit, just for an hour), OnePlus is sticking with the invitation system. If you receive an invite, you can go straight to the front of the line to order the device.

The first two weeks of October saw 50,000 invitations sent out as a way for OnePlus to prep its servers in advance of the pre-orders. And OnePlus is also giving away a free 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. To enter the contest, you merely share a link about the pre-order period with your Twitter followers. The entry to the contest can be found at the OnePlus website.

If you want to, you can head over to the sourcelink now and set up your pre-order, so that when that 60 minute window is open for pre-orders, you simply have to make one click and your pre-order is sent out. For $300, you're getting a 5.5 inch flagship model, with 1080 x 1920 resolution, powered by a quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm 801 CPU. Inside is 3GB of RAM and 16GB of native storage. There is no microSD slot, however. The 13MP rear-facing camera has an aperture of f/2.0 for great pictures even in 'low-light' conditions. And there is a 5MP "selfie" snapper upfront. A 3100mAh battery keeps the lights on all day. With CyanogenMod 11S running on top of Android 4.4.4, you are getting the opportunity to pick up a flagship model at a great price.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By right should have sunsurf as an option in your APN selection. Not sure why you can't find it. CM11S stock rom definitely has the option.

Can ask what's your CM11S version?

Opo default comes with miworld only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.