iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am so impressed with your bread! Well done, mate! I used to make my own bread too but nowadays with my swollen wrists & fingers, it all gets a little too much for me. But I live vicariously through others like you ... *drool over bread*

Haha, how did you know my nickname back home was Willy Wonka? My friends call my stuff The Choccie Factory stuff. I just call myself Willy Wonkie instead. :s13:

I noted the avocadoes & the BBQ chicken at The Cold Storage too! Imma gonna get those & make an avocado, BBQ chicken shreds & mozzarella pizza over the weekend. I'm waiting to see what Giant has on special for the weekend before I plan my grocery run. Come on, Giant, stop dawdling! LOL

My affair with baking came donkey years back when I lugged a bread maker back from Brisbane. It was fun until the machine broke down years later and I stopped doing it.

It was recently that I got inspired by friends to bake again. This is like the first time doing it by hand and it didn't seems that hard.

The passion to create something is always there. It's probably in all of us in some shape or form.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are into Ketones, this seems like a good buy

25fimpk.png

Genceutic Naturals, Raspberry Ketone & Green Tea, 2 Bottles, 60 V-Caps Each - iHerb.com

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
srsly, to lose weight, you got to put less things into your mouth, not more.

try tracking your calorie intake, that's the main factor in weight loss/gain.. not extreme diets, or eliminating entire food groups..

edit;

I apologise if anyone is offended by this post.

Last edited:

yan.an

Master Member
Reaction score
srsly, to lose weight, you got to put less things into your mouth, not more.

try tracking your calorie intake, that's the main factor in weight loss/gain.. not extreme diets, or eliminating entire food groups..

Agree on principle but I do think no harm using the pill or supplement as a little aid especially if one needs some motivation.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree on principle but I do think no harm using the pill or supplement as a little aid especially if one needs some motivation.

yes. but on the flip side, some over-estimate the power of supplements and over-compensate in their calorie intake.

another danger is placing too much credit on supplements and not giving the effort you have put in the recognition it deserves.

related;Are dietary supplements working against you?
The results from the experiments and survey demonstrated that participants who believed they had taken dietary supplements felt invulnerable to health hazards, thus leading them to engage in health-risk behaviors. Specifically, participants in the perceived supplement use group expressed less desire to engage in exercise and more desire to engage in hedonic activities, preferred a buffet over an organic meal (Experiment 1), and walked less to benefit their health (Experiment 2) than the control group.

Last edited:

Duncerblur

Reaction score

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. but on the flip side, some over-estimate the power of supplements and over-compensate in their calorie intake.

another danger is placing too much credit on supplements and not giving the effort you have put in the recognition it deserves.

Yup, I think that why on most dieting supplements, it is stated that it would work with proper diet and exercise.

Personally I feel that most of them actually just give you the placebo effect. It's like a challenge to yourself to take the first step to wanting to commit to a weight lost regime.

Of course like bella said, the acai berry in itself is an antioxidant so even if not for the weight lost part of it, it is still useful in one way or another.

Duncerblur

Reaction score

related;Are dietary supplements working against you?

Being on long-term medication & a carefully-prescribed programme of required supplements, I can attest to the efficacy of supplements and on the flip-side, the dangers of them.

I am fortunate that my supplements programme is monitored & prescribed by my doctor as it makes it safer for my recovery. I dislike taking pills anyway but in the early days, I tried to hasten my recovery with additional supplements and the results were rather frightening.

While I am probably an extreme case, I think taking any supplements should require careful consideration & perhaps a discussion with your physician, just in case.

Luckily I like food so I try to cook & eat the food that can help me best, but again in moderation. So I enjoy putting food in my mouth :) ... *does happy dance & apologises to neighbourhood kids & dogs*

P/S. This daft of me but are beauty supplements & dietary supplements the same thing? Heh, I thought beauty supplements were supposed to make you ... well ... beautiful? Duh me.

bryanzzz

Reaction score
Are chewing gums from iherb banned???

I heard local pharmacies can sell them legally to anyone w/o prescription?

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Less Sugar at Ya Kun

This is a good idea, I think.

Lifes-Sweeter-With-Less-Sugar.jpg

This is what their blurp states:

Life’s Sweeter With Less Sugar!

Practise healthy living by making small changes to your lifestyle! From 11 Oct 14 till 28 Feb 15, simply order a no/less sugar drink at selected Ya Kun outlets and stand to win shopping and dining vouchers!

So why wait? Live healthier and be rewarded. Promotion is valid at all Ya Kun outlets except Far East Square, Singapore Flyer, Singapore Poly and Takashimaya.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Being on long-term medication & a carefully-prescribed programme of required supplements, I can attest to the efficacy of supplements and on the flip-side, the dangers of them.

I am fortunate that my supplements programme is monitored & prescribed by my doctor as it makes it safer for my recovery. I dislike taking pills anyway but in the early days, I tried to hasten my recovery with additional supplements and the results were rather frightening.

While I am probably an extreme case, I think taking any supplements should require careful consideration & perhaps a discussion with your physician, just in case.

Luckily I like food so I try to cook & eat the food that can help me best, but again in moderation. So I enjoy putting food in my mouth :) ... *does happy dance & apologises to neighbourhood kids & dogs*

P/S. This daft of me but are beauty supplements & dietary supplements the same thing? Heh, I thought beauty supplements were supposed to make you ... well ... beautiful? Duh me.

I'm with you here.

Dietary Supplements are basically as what they are, they just add on to what we may be lacking in our diet. The best way of getting all the nutritional benefits is to just actually eating the food that supply them like in the good old days.

I guess with our busy schedule and diet requirements, we may not always get everything up to the level that our body requires and taking supplement should help in that way somewhat. But that said, they are not magic pills which once digested with cure our ailments or make us beautiful right away *flip hair*

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought two pumpkins from giant this morning and now waiting to lure a squirrel to turn them into jack o lantern in time for Halloween tomorrow :)

fmnsc9.jpg

I guess if the squirrels don't come, the pumpkins will make great desserts. :)

I weight them and they are over 2.35kg each. Larger than what they estimated and at $1.50 each is a great value.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think it is safer not to buy chewing gums from iHerb just to be on the safe side unless you get the green light from our authorities first.

As for local pharmacies, I read that they will make you fill in a form when you want to purchase chewing gums but I am not sure if that is true as I have not done so myself.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought two pumpkins from giant this morning and now waiting to lure a squirrel to turn them into jack o lantern in time for Halloween tomorrow :)

fmnsc9.jpg

I weight them and they are over 2.35kg each. Larger than what they estimated and at $1.50 each is a great value.
eddy!!! what u gonna do w these huge pumpkins???

I had creamy pumpkin soup in mind!!

saha-med

Reaction score

I think it is safer not to buy chewing gums from iHerb just to be on the safe side unless you get the green light from our authorities first.

As for local pharmacies, I read that they will make you fill in a form when you want to purchase chewing gums but I am not sure if that is true as I have not done so myself.

Yeap just to ditto, local pharma's do sell chewing gum. My friend bought it to try and reduce habit of smoking cigarettes.

Anyway since it sells locally, why go through the trouble to get it from iherb?

Duncerblur

Reaction score

fmnsc9.jpg

I'm buying one tomorrow but I would probably be limping home under the weight! LOL

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.