Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
will land in haneda airport, any hotels to recommend in tokyo?
preferably not too exp and near (Shinjuku, Shibuya)

Last edited:

joeson

Reaction score
Late arrival at KIX

Dear all,

am in a bit of a dilemma here. my flight to KIX lands on 2120 hours. I'm thinking of getting the Icoca and Haruka package, but I checked Hyperdia, and the last Haruka train departs KIX at 2216 hours. Hence, would I be able to make the connection in time?

The reason for getting the Icoca and Haruka package is because I'll be spending my first half of my trip in Osaka, before spending the next half in Kyoto. As such, for my return trip, I will be travelling from Kyoto to KIX. And for this leg, the Haruka is the more direct alternative.

Would the Icoca package be suitable for me, or is there other ones that are more suitable? Thanks for the advice!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

am in a bit of a dilemma here. my flight to KIX lands on 2120 hours. I'm thinking of getting the Icoca and Haruka package, but I checked Hyperdia, and the last Haruka train departs KIX at 2216 hours. Hence, would I be able to make the connection in time?

The reason for getting the Icoca and Haruka package is because I'll be spending my first half of my trip in Osaka, before spending the next half in Kyoto. As such, for my return trip, I will be travelling from Kyoto to KIX. And for this leg, the Haruka is the more direct alternative.

Would the Icoca package be suitable for me, or is there other ones that are more suitable? Thanks for the advice!

since u are taking the train from KIX to Osaka, u need not take Haruka. u can take Kansai airport rapid service instead which is still available until 11:32pm. u can still buy the round trip Haruka package and use it on the Kansai airport rapid service

joeson

Reaction score
since u are taking the train from KIX to Osaka, u need not take Haruka. u can take Kansai airport rapid service instead which is still available until 11:32pm. u can still buy the round trip Haruka package and use it on the Kansai airport rapid service

ah ok, thanks for the clarification! then like that I don't need to play Amazing Race the moment I touch down in KIX. :s22:

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need can-bro / some kind soul here who knows japanese help me see this page

SNOW MIKU 2015 | ????

Need someone to confirm my understanding as my japanese is half bucket only.
At the ticket details option, there is afternoon show and night show with 2 kinds of ticket each, but as an solo person going, my only option is the Level 1 Standing tickets coz noon level 2 is for U-18, and night is for group only?
is my understanding correct?

kinda not keen on free-standing, coz not my thing to stand in the middle of a sea of people :s22:

any buttie got experience with this kind of concert lottery can share? :D

flame_angel

Reaction score
need can-bro / some kind soul here who knows japanese help me see this page

SNOW MIKU 2015 | ????

Need someone to confirm my understanding as my japanese is half bucket only.
At the ticket details option, there is afternoon show and night show with 2 kinds of ticket each, but as an solo person going, my only option is the Level 1 Standing tickets coz noon level 2 is for U-18, and night is for group only?
is my understanding correct?

kinda not keen on free-standing, coz not my thing to stand in the middle of a sea of people :s22:

any buttie got experience with this kind of concert lottery can share? :D

Yup, your understanding regarding tickets is correct, can only do Level 1 Standing for both afternoon and night shows.

Been to Zepp Sapporo for a rock concert before, it was perfectly fine at the back. (But I'm not sure how "fanatic" Miku fans can get). The venue is small. Remember to have a 500yen coin with you to buy the compulsory drink. Also keep your bags in the lockers available outside, realised that Japanese fans don't bring any bags in.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, your understanding regarding tickets is correct, can only do Level 1 Standing for both afternoon and night shows.

Been to Zepp Sapporo for a rock concert before, it was perfectly fine at the back. (But I'm not sure how "fanatic" Miku fans can get). The venue is small. Remember to have a 500yen coin with you to buy the compulsory drink. Also keep your bags in the lockers available outside, realised that Japanese fans don't bring any bags in.

Oooo Thanks for the info!
Is the area from locker to concert Hall indoors? Its winter, if can lock the jacket in locker.

Hope can lottery tio tickets. Hope no need jap address.

flame_angel

Reaction score
Oooo Thanks for the info!
Is the area from locker to concert Hall indoors? Its winter, if can lock the jacket in locker.

Hope can lottery tio tickets. Hope no need jap address.

The locker area I saw was part of the building but not indoors, still need to walk 1 min into the concert hall entrance.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For a second trip to Tokyo, any suggestions on what to do besides the usual?

heguhegu

Reaction score
Anyone been to Kyoto during the autumn foliage peak season? Heard the crowd volume can be really bad. Is it to the extent of waiting for 2-3 hours for popular restaurants or dessert places etc? Any tips to deal with the situation?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun eat at those "有名" places unless it just present itself as a chance

Japanese are well conditioned to queuing, some places have queues every weekend or everyday... a 30-45 min wait is considered short.

A good idea (imo) is if you really want to try the famous restaurants/shops do so at off times. This is dependant though, u might find that they have "break" timings

heguhegu

Reaction score
dun eat at those "有名" places unless it just present itself as a chance

Japanese are well conditioned to queuing, some places have queues every weekend or everyday... a 30-45 min wait is considered short.

A good idea (imo) is if you really want to try the famous restaurants/shops do so at off times. This is dependant though, u might find that they have "break" timings

Thanks for the advice! Actually I'm more looking forward to trying out the famous matcha dessert shops in Kyoto, but I don't want spend precious daytime queuing up when I can make use of the time to see autumn leaves, especially when the sun sets early at 4-5pm and most dessert shops close by 6pm.

Oh well...I guess I won't know the 'best' timing until I'm there...

drgame871

Reaction score
Going to Tokyo in mid Dec. What kind of winter wear is needed? Need thermal wear?

Was thinking one normal layer of t-shirt, one layer of normal jacket, and one layer of down jacket/parka jacket. Should be enough?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Actually I'm more looking forward to trying out the famous matcha dessert shops in Kyoto, but I don't want spend precious daytime queuing up when I can make use of the time to see autumn leaves, especially when the sun sets early at 4-5pm and most dessert shops close by 6pm.

Oh well...I guess I won't know the 'best' timing until I'm there...
go have it for breakfast... ;)

no one said u can't have a matcha parfait for breakfast...

I dunno what is famous, can share? :s13:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to Tokyo in mid Dec. What kind of winter wear is needed? Need thermal wear?

Was thinking one normal layer of t-shirt, one layer of normal jacket, and one layer of down jacket/parka jacket. Should be enough?

this depends on individual. But Uniglo is everywhere, if you think it's too cold, just grab whatever that you may need there. Your current clothing should suffice to tahan you till those shops. Uniglo is cheaper there too anyway.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it's forecasted to be lower than 10 degrees mostly

That ur torso could be feeling okay but your legs may not like it, it depends on how tolerant you are to cold

I am taking my thermals with me :s13:

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
Kansai Thru Pass - 5200 JPY
Per trip within Kyoto - I guess somewhere from 200 JPY to 240 JPY
How many rides you need to take to make it worthwhile?

From Kyoto to Osaka - 500 JPY
From Osaka to Kobe - 400+ JPY
Within Osaka & Kobe transport - 200 JPY
Do you need a Kansai Thru Pass???

guess not, will stick with the stored value card, thanks

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am heading to tokyo in mid Dec too
Will be wearing something similar
IInner shirt + sweater + coat + jeans + covered shoes

Not enough go there buy, more selection and cheaper too

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo's new HEATTECH Extra Warm series is pretty interesting. I went to take a look at them at the shops here in SG and I think this extra warm series are as good as some real thermals from those outdoor manufacturers. Go take a look here or in Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.