Post your food photo here (local) - Part 2

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry missed that out. Have amended my post to reflect Garibaldi :o

i see.... i tot it's from its next door french restaurant gunthers... haven't tried garibaldi b4... but how is its cold angel hair pasta compared with gunthers...?? i remembered eating at gunthers during restaurant week... the cold angel hair pasta is super fap fap fap even though it was "cheaper version" that comes w/o caviar for restaurant week.... :love: :love: :love:

regards,
wacky

FoodieFC

Reaction score
Ah Chiang's Porridge 阿昌粥 (Toa Payoh)

1.+Ah+Chiang+Porridge+(Toa+Payoh)+-+Mix+Pork+Porridge+with+Egg.JPG

Mix Pork Porridge with Egg $4

6.+Ah+Chiang+Porridge+(Toa+Payoh)+-+Century+Egg+Chicken+Porridge.JPG

Century Egg Chicken Porridge $4.50

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see.... i tot it's from its next door french restaurant gunthers... haven't tried garibaldi b4... but how is its cold angel hair pasta compared with gunthers...?? i remembered eating at gunthers during restaurant week... the cold angel hair pasta is super fap fap fap even though it was "cheaper version" that comes w/o caviar for restaurant week.... :love: :love: :love:

regards,
wacky

Gunther's angel hair pasta is better , especially his signature caviar one. More al dente and served chilled with truffle oil :)

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
We (around 8 people) tried THE GANG ...no one liked it. In fact, was almost to disgusted rating. Cos we bought the groupon deal, even the Cheong fun . . Not nice
my friend's mother said there was a strong beef taste as well.. (i dont know though if any beef substance in the sauce or what)

Last edited:

guitar123

Reaction score
$2 won-ton noodles

Located at the National University of Singapore Faculty of Science canteen.

Cheap and very good.

Last edited:

guitar123

Reaction score
Let's not forget the humble kaya butter toast, plus eggs and coffee.

Last edited:

guitar123

Reaction score
NYDC Wheellock Place

Had lunch at this restaurant, Wheellock place, Singapore. It is called New York Dessert Cafe or NYDC for short.

From the outside.
j160k2.jpg

The menu had very interesting items. This was called the Piggly Wiggly Burger, pulled pork.
2432khc.jpg

This was called the Prawn meltdown. There was a choice of baked rice or macaroni, I chose the latter.
344z15e.jpg

And this was one of their famous ice-cream desserts. Very delicious.
2mwytqo.jpg

I made a short video of the experience too. Here it is.

Here is the direct link if the above does not work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L93Utcs6dc
Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1546438_10205329192933824_441048982535548892_n.jpg

Nasi Lemak Burger

154570_10205329432499813_4793310137391624751_n.jpg

PB&J French Toast.

Both @ Artistry Cafe. Nasi Lemak chicken patty was rather bland and the peanuts had a bit of a reused oil taste but overall I found it quite interesting with the coconut pandan buns. PB&J needs a little more peanut butter filling but a sweet treat nonetheless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.