EDMW Knife Collectors

khimwoon

Reaction score
Looking for edc folder e.g. small sebenza etc. Any collectors here looking for new home for their folders?

mamba2012

Reaction score
Looking for edc folder e.g. small sebenza etc. Any collectors here looking for new home for their folders?

Try the zt0801. Sojourn88 has them in stock. They r quite hard to find and imo,the best value for money production knives in the 200+ dollar range.

Orakle

Reaction score
Hi all, anybody got Strider, MSC and DDC pouches/cases to off-load pls? Do PM me. Tks in advance!

Last edited:

khimwoon

Reaction score
Have an unused Spyderco Sage 1 available. Ideal edc with its 3", S30V blade.
PM me if interested.

Thanks bro! At the end still stick to my sak for its slim light profile. Maybe will try to find the custom sak

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! At the end still stick to my sak for its slim light profile. Maybe will try to find the custom sak

khimwoon, if you like a slim edc, consider custom made slipjoints. try natural materials - they're a joy to hold. For about $400, you could really get into custom made barlow, trapper, swayback etc styles with bolsters and shields on them. If you don't want to spend so much, you could try GEC brand of slipjoints. Using traditionals makes it sheeple friendly too.

for $400 though, you could find a lot of modern folders with better steels etc.

a customised SAK would be nice - with stonewashed blades and nice CF + wood scales. yessss. but those aren't exactly cheap either.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
here's something in my inbox - advertisement for a new folder.

venomfolder_zps2666fe01.png

It's one of those designs that tries to incorporate every cool thing in the market - compound grind, tritium, milled scales ala shirogorov, fullers in the blade, replaceable lock insert. It's basically a showcase for an OEM manufacturer =:p Do you like it?

Sometimes I think simpler is nicer.

Good morning.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Came across Damascus knives being mentioned on a youtube video about cooking, and I'm wondering if it's possible to buy in Singapore? Also, got such thing as a Damascus steel letter-opener boh?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Came across Damascus knives being mentioned on a youtube video about cooking, and I'm wondering if it's possible to buy in Singapore? Also, got such thing as a Damascus steel letter-opener boh?

Yes, and not sure.

For the former, damascus kitchen knives can be found in almost all major dept stores like Tangs, Taka, Isetan etc (in the kitchen knives section, and mostly Japanese kitchen knives) as well as all specialty kitchen equipment stores like TOTT, Sia Huat, Razorsharp etc. I like to recommend Razorsharp as they bring in knives other than the usual KAI/Shun, including custom knife makers / small labels. They also have lots of naniwa stones for sale.

Note that most Japanese damascus knives are really in a sanmai construction - so the core isn't folded/damascus, only the cladding/laminate is and usually in a suminagashi pattern.

For letter openers, I have no idea. I open my letters with my pocket knife =:p

Happy shopping.

Last edited:

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Damascus is just for looks nowsadays.

The method is used due to steel impurity in the past. So using Damascus method of forging is suppose to purge the impurity.

But nowsadays metallurgy is advanced and most steel is purged of impurity and even using powder steel to make any kind of alloy steel.

So a good modern steel is as good or even better than Damascus.

mamba2012

Reaction score
Damascus is just for looks nowsadays.

The method is used due to steel impurity in the past. So using Damascus method of forging is suppose to purge the impurity.

But nowsadays metallurgy is advanced and most steel is purged of impurity and even using powder steel to make any kind of alloy steel.

So a good modern steel is as good or even better than Damascus.

As an interesting point to note,there is also damascus made from powdered steel. Check out damasteel. I'm having 2 knives made in damasteel, which I will post pics of when they arrive.

Some work in progress pics (flats not fully polished and etch not fully done, but this is the damasteel damascus in the bjorkman twist pattern)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.