xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Open up the big box....
faFV.jpg

busfreaks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be going Dubai from 21-24 Oct for business trip. Anyone wanna Tom pang me to buy? Not sure how much it will be although. Can PM me if keen on the arrangement.

busfreaks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm also not sure. I used to own the p9981. All i know the 2 years warranty is international.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes it is.

But, the price should not differ much, from MBS, so there's not much reason to get overseas.

Don't forget to declare it (over sg$400) when you come back

busfreaks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes it is.

But, the price should not differ much, from MBS, so there's not much reason to get overseas.

Don't forget to declare it (over sg$400) when you come back

Noted and thanks for the advise. Only concern is if it comes with LTE if used in SG network.

delrosa81

Reaction score
Are screen protectors available for this baby? Any reviews on the batt life, ease of use and is there any lag in the OS?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using liquid screen protector.

ease of use -> BlackBerry 10 has always have had the ease of use once you know how to use it.

and is there any lag in the OS -> Less laggy than my Samsung devices after 1 month of usage. So, no, it does not lag at all

Batt life -> Depends on your usage. It is same as Q10. And this is also better than Z10 (ie 2100 vs 1800 mah)

Running OS 10.3, its a major leap from 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1 that you are accustomed on the BlackBerry Z10/Q10/Q5/Z3/Z30.

So for it to be considered laggy or slow, then XiaoMi, Microsoft (Lumia) would have a big run for their money already.

Last edited:

delrosa81

Reaction score
I am using liquid screen protector.

ease of use -> BlackBerry 10 has always have had the ease of use once you know how to use it.

and is there any lag in the OS -> Less laggy than my Samsung devices after 1 month of usage. So, no, it does not lag at all

Batt life -> Depends on your usage. It is same as Q10. And this is also better than Z10 (ie 2100 vs 1800 mah)

Running OS 10.3, its a major leap from 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1 that you are accustomed on the BlackBerry Z10/Q10/Q5/Z3/Z30.

So for it to be considered laggy or slow, then XiaoMi, Microsoft (Lumia) would have a big run for their money already.

Thanks Xmad! Wow you are real blackberry fan, when I bought the desk charging rig for my BB9900 and the protector decals from you, it was a few years ago.

Do you think in your opinion that the P'9983 can buy?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Xmad! Wow you are real blackberry fan, when I bought the desk charging rig for my BB9900 and the protector decals from you, it was a few years ago.

Do you think in your opinion that the P'9983 can buy?

Yea. That is very long ago...

Well, I cant this decision for you because:
  1. This phone is SIMILAR to Q10 in most aspects
  2. The price is... Well you know
  3. There's nothing that this can do that Q10 cannot, except for the WOW and differentiated (really different!) keyboard

So, only if the following criteria's are met, then you should consider a porsche design series:
  1. Are you willing to part with that cash?
  2. Do you need THAT much memory? (Yes I do, My apps and games alone takes up close to 25GB now - Normal device memory is 16GB and Passport is 32GB - This baby comes with 64GB) - Yes it can be upgraded externally with additional 128GB for media and personal, but not apps and games.
  3. Accessories are limited, unlike the P9982, as the form factor is vastly different from Q10. (However, batteries from Q10 can be used on this as you see in my photos)
  4. Yes, I am using a (original BlackBerry) slip in pouch (no, its not porsche design, so its not a bombshell as well)
  5. Yes, screen protectors will be tougher to find (that's why I opted for Liquid)

That's pretty much what I can differentiate the two, and of course, whether or not your hands like the device feeling. Try it out at the Porsche Design Boutique stores first hand. :)

Otherwise, maybe a Q10 might suffice, considering that it can be made similar to this, MINUS the different keyboard, prestige and memory of course

delrosa81

Reaction score
Yea. That is very long ago...

Well, I cant this decision for you because:
  1. This phone is SIMILAR to Q10 in most aspects
  2. The price is... Well you know
  3. There's nothing that this can do that Q10 cannot, except for the WOW and differentiated (really different!) keyboard

So, only if the following criteria's are met, then you should consider a porsche design series:
  1. Are you willing to part with that cash?
  2. Do you need THAT much memory? (Yes I do, My apps and games alone takes up close to 25GB now - Normal device memory is 16GB and Passport is 32GB - This baby comes with 64GB) - Yes it can be upgraded externally with additional 128GB for media and personal, but not apps and games.
  3. Accessories are limited, unlike the P9982, as the form factor is vastly different from Q10. (However, batteries from Q10 can be used on this as you see in my photos)
  4. Yes, I am using a (original BlackBerry) slip in pouch (no, its not porsche design, so its not a bombshell as well)
  5. Yes, screen protectors will be tougher to find (that's why I opted for Liquid)

That's pretty much what I can differentiate the two, and of course, whether or not your hands like the device feeling. Try it out at the Porsche Design Boutique stores first hand. :)

Otherwise, maybe a Q10 might suffice, considering that it can be made similar to this, MINUS the different keyboard, prestige and memory of course

Frankly Im considering the P'9983 is mostly for the design and form factor, I don need so much space and I need a email dedicated phone as I need to have email access and ease of seeing my emails and replying them as my current smartphones cannot make it for email.

From what you have mentioned, it seems very sufficient for my needs and I did saw and held the P'9983 before at the Porsche Singapore Store last month and I like it :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.