Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

member_2359

Reaction score
new kid on the block, dg65, best for single item, no base cost.

Trying first ebay item with them, and report later, reserving comment for their service quality vs lower rate value:
S$3 per 6000cm3 vkg against S$4.14 per 5000cm3 vkg (25-40% rates discrepancy), assume before any coupon/card/cashback discounts.

Where can I find the volumetric calculation used by 65dg? Thanks.

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are wrong about the chargeable weight being 1.1 of total weight.

65dg uses volumetric weight calculations to charge. I am not sure what figures they are using, some of the shipping companies go by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/6000

while there are some that goes by

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/5000

or for that matter

(length of package in cm x width of package in cm x depth of package in cm)/8000

So before you go on to pick which one to use, 65dg, comgateway or vpost, find out what is their volumetric calculation. Find out of you have to pay fuel surcharge (comGateway charges 9% for nov and dec 2014!!!!!!) and also compulsory insurance (yes, comGateway also charges insurance!!!!!!)

There are bound to be terms and conditions on all these websites so read up or spend more than necessary.

There is a wicked trick you can use at comGateway. They have a liveQuote application that lets you key in the url of the item you are buying to get a quote of how much shipping "SHOULD" be. You can pay to buy this guarantee in the event that you KNOW how big the package is.

cheers

Of course 65daigou will calculate by volumetric weight otherwise they will lose $$.. i only want to highlight that they charge another 1.1 of the total weight/volumetric weight.

65dg.JPG

Last edited:

member_2359

Reaction score
Of course 65daigou will calculate by volumetric weight otherwise they will lose $$.. i only want to highlight that they charge another 1.1 of the total weight/volumetric weight.

65dg.JPG

That's pretty weird. It's like a 10% fee added on 65dg's part. Thanks for pointing this out.

laeticia

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;89865772 said:
fedex is damn cui. wish they'd stop using them :o

you can contact cgw cs and tell them to only use DHL for your account, thats what I did. I prefer DHL for their flexible delivery, even on weekends cos usually my stuff arrives in Singapore on Fri night and I wanna get them asap.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
my order (some tea leaves from US) from 65daigou was sent last friday and have arrived in their warehouse today (in 3 working days). That's much faster than their 5-7working day claim.

yummylatte

Reaction score
how's the service satisfaction of 65daigou for US shipment?
Im thinking of using their 'ship for me' service.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
how's the service satisfaction of 65daigou for US shipment?
Im thinking of using their 'ship for me' service.

i had some issues while using it(ship-for-me) as the tracking number i entered was rejected even thought it worked. Emailed them and took avg of 2 working days for them to reply. One reply was on saturday afternoon though. Eventually, it was resolved after another email.

I then proceeded to ship it on friday afternoon (friday morning in US) and i received an email on tuesday afternoon that it has arrived in their taiseng warehouse. Thats exactly 3 working days unlike that 5-7 working days as quoted(might increase due to black friday/cyber monday).

So far so good. Will update on friday night ~2130 when i collect my item from them.

Last edited:

erik400

Reaction score
tried www.mygermany.com

Recently I bought a Bose sound system from Germany and had it shipped to India using myGermany. I thought to share the experience:

Comes without saying that before trusting the service I did my best to search information online in regards to this post forwarding service.

I did find some few info, but most of them went back to the product release period when they had many unhappy customers experiencing delays.

Well I personally have been quite satisfied. I think the most stressful moment is when you can see that your item has been shipped to your myGermany address but you can't yet see it present in your account - you really wonder where in limbo is your pricey item, if all of it was a scam!

Then about one day after delivery you see it in your account and can have it shipped.

The parcel has then been shipped with DHL very fast: sent on a Thursday evening from Germany and received on Monday afternoon in Chennai. Impressed!

Price? On top of the standard phone price myGermany asked me for a fee of 27Euro (WOW). I think that is more than fair considering the delivery method.

Also, it's better to get it this way than from an eBay or shop seller because getting from Bose you are sure you get a recently manufactured and original one.

Perhaps I have been lucky. What if my system would have been lost? It seems their official policy doesn't cover the full price if e.g. the phone is lost. But then again their Customer Service told they would indeed refund the whole thing in case.

Bottom line, I am happy I went this way and can recommend it, although if I were able to get it directly from a German store or via a friend living in Germany I guess I'd save all the forwarding stress : )

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i had some issues while using it(ship-for-me) as the tracking number i entered was rejected even thought it worked. Emailed them and took avg of 2 working days for them to reply. One reply was on saturday afternoon though. Eventually, it was resolved after another email.

I then proceeded to ship it on friday afternoon (friday morning in US) and i received an email on tuesday afternoon that it has arrived in their taiseng warehouse. Thats exactly 3 working days unlike that 5-7 working days as quoted(might increase due to black friday/cyber monday).

So far so good. Will update on friday night ~2130 when i collect my item from them.

For e.g. Amazon, the tracking number is not the order number. The tracking number is the Tracking ID after they have delivered.

According to 65daigou staff, their staff will take 1 - 3 days to scan into their system after arriving at their US warehouse.

I think it will be faster to call them at their local number.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
For e.g. Amazon, the tracking number is not the order number. The tracking number is the Tracking ID after they have delivered.

According to 65daigou staff, their staff will take 1 - 3 days to scan into their system after arriving at their US warehouse.

I think it will be faster to call them at their local number.

i know that too.but since i was able to get tracking detail from usps tracking, i told them about the issue.

oh and i just went to pick up my item. the uncle asked for my phone number to cross check then ask me to check and sign on his tablet.
10/10 will use again. haha. damn convenient to collect myself since its so close.

yummylatte

Reaction score
i know that too.but since i was able to get tracking detail from usps tracking, i told them about the issue.

oh and i just went to pick up my item. the uncle asked for my phone number to cross check then ask me to check and sign on his tablet.
10/10 will use again. haha. damn convenient to collect myself since its so close.

any agent fee for ship-for-me service?
i used once long long time ago for taobao service.. but that is buy-for-me so there is agent fee.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
**** this cgw.. Can't get past the payment page.. keep telling me to check on payment method

Runz83

Reaction score
Met a thief shipping with comgateway, what to do?

Heh guys need yah advise on how I should approach this problem.

Bought some stuff in the states from a vendor that don't ship to Singapore so decided to try Comgateway since so many positive reviews. Package was not repacked (according to comgateway) and express delivered by DHL. When it arrived, realised that the original vendor's tape was cut and tape over by a clear tape. Checked and found one item missing but wrapper was "neatly" left behind. The packing list sealed on the package clearly indicated the item and there was an acknowledgement of it being packed.

First time use comgateway and kana this. :mad: Wonder whats the rave about...

Any idea whats the best way forward? Anyone kana before? Is this a gone case? Thanks!

statictactic

Reaction score
VPOST is horrible to the max!

Every single liaison with the customer service team leads me to a different customer service personnel replying, who doesn't have a clue what was the previous correspondence and hence, providing cut-and-paste template replies and me having to repeat myself over and over again. Truly frustrating.

Moreover, they have ridiculous hidden costs (they only told me that the total cost for returning items to the merchant costs S$6.50, and conveniently left out the fact that I had to pay an additional S$12 for repacking). In addition, when I tried applying a 20% off coupon, the discount doesn't even add up to 20% off! False advertising. BANNING VPOST.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heh guys need yah advise on how I should approach this problem.

Bought some stuff in the states from a vendor that don't ship to Singapore so decided to try Comgateway since so many positive reviews. Package was not repacked (according to comgateway) and express delivered by DHL. When it arrived, realised that the original vendor's tape was cut and tape over by a clear tape. Checked and found one item missing but wrapper was "neatly" left behind. The packing list sealed on the package clearly indicated the item and there was an acknowledgement of it being packed.

First time use comgateway and kana this. :mad: Wonder whats the rave about...

Any idea whats the best way forward? Anyone kana before? Is this a gone case? Thanks!

contact CGW CSO via livechat ....
report it
they will investigate and should compensate u accordingly
it happened to me too ...
one of my items got looted too ...

Runz83

Reaction score
contact CGW CSO via livechat ....
report it
they will investigate and should compensate u accordingly
it happened to me too ...
one of my items got looted too ...

Ok, will do that... Thanks for the tip! Haiz... This freight forwarder is lousy...
Who do you ship with now?

looney_saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I planned to buy some stuff from the US.
So it 65diagou the cheapest at the moment? But self collect?
Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.