Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, in case no one noticed, next to be covered in the DVB-T2 deployment is Woodlands, Yishun, Bishan and Toa Payoh.

rollout_map.jpg

From the survey:

Bishan already can receive :)

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my own experience at Jurong West, I think all of Singapore is covered outdoors...

Yup. I'm near Serangoon Central, with no blockage from my windows for at least 100m.

Able to receive, loud and clear with my antenna placed near the window.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have two DVB-T tuners at home, does anyone know if DVB-T still works? I've been trying to scan for channels on both devices, and it doesnt find any available frequencies.

Please assist. Thanks!

DVB-T still works... so u will have to check your antenna and its placement.

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score
Realised the subs from HD8 has shifted down to the almost correct position. Currently watching the 9pm drama now

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score
All the subs from MediaCorp are now in the correct position, with the exception of HD8 as their English subs is still not in the correct place whenever 2 subtitles are shown on the SD version.

weiyang76

Master Member
Reaction score
DVB-T still works... so u will have to check your antenna and its placement.

Kiwi8, can I find out from you where do you stay? I can't seem to get reception anywhere. I'm trying to bring my portable tuner around the west side to catch signals. :s11:

lls8450

Reaction score
After installing my antenna...can recieve HD but SD very pixelated...what is the difference between HD and SD channels? I am staying in taman jurong..

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After installing my antenna...can recieve HD but SD very pixelated...what is the difference between HD and SD channels? I am staying in taman jurong..

HD video resolution is 1920x1080
SD video resolution is 720x576

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
K so if TV tuner is DVB-T, can use in 2020 when all channels switch to DVB-T2?

Sent from GAGT Android App

No... DVB-T will probably be switched off together with the analog PAL broadcast, or at most a few years after.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can pm me if you want a copy of the 20140717V6.0 firmware. The Sinho Eric fella emailed it to me back in Sep.

Received quite a few PMs so I'll just share it here. Unzip and put the .bin file in an SD card, then use the receiver's GUI to update.

Firmware:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/55u5fj

After update:
CbVBmDK.jpg

NOTE: Updating firmware always carries some risk, so I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your receiver. :o

Last edited:

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just order a DVB-T2 TV, to be installed next month.. my area should have DVB-T2 signal liao.. since I'm not subscribing to starhub or mio, so guess I should just connect the TV to an antenna? Is the Daiyo EU1702 a good choice or are there other cheap n good antennas to consider? :)

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
I just order a DVB-T2 TV, to be installed next month.. my area should have DVB-T2 signal liao.. since I'm not subscribing to starhub or mio, so guess I should just connect the TV to an antenna? Is the Daiyo EU1702 a good choice or are there other cheap n good antennas to consider? :)
You can try the Margon Home 2.0 or Margon Combo 5.1 indoor antenna. :)

Sent from GAGT Android App

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Updated. Let's see if the English subtitle turns up when Mediacorp airs movies & etc.

Received quite a few PMs so I'll just share it here. Unzip and put the .bin file in an SD card, then use the receiver's GUI to update.

Firmware:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/55u5fj

After update:
CbVBmDK.jpg

NOTE: Updating firmware always carries some risk, so I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your receiver. :o

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can pm me if you want a copy of the 20140717V6.0 firmware. The Sinho Eric fella emailed it to me back in Sep.

Can u give me his email address? I wanna check with him on the firmware for another model. :o

Thanks. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.