The Watch Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, Precision Watch can trust. their main business is trading Rolex watches. They won't try to do anything funny because they have a reputation to uphold.

Plus, Most of these shops will usually advise you to get your Rolex checked at RSC. if its fake, they will usually do a full refund.

But of cause, if your friend really want to feel safe, I will always recommend your friend to buy from AD.

Thanks but he only can afford 2nd hand..................:)

I believe the Pre-Own price from Precision Enterprise is alright as compare to others ?

Precision watch okay la, haven't heard anything negative about them.
Honestly don't think it's worth to get the Kermit now...prices have gone up by a fair bit over the past year. I remember them going for mid 6k to mid 7k just last year to early this year; now they are 8k and up, NOS versions running up to 10k.

I think my friend been poison by me too deep and he still love this very much as what he told me. He was wearing a $700 Seiko now and this will be a big upgrade for him.

I think Rolex watches prices only go up and never come down so if he don't get now, it may go up again ?

Last edited:

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im aiming the fullgold yachtmaster. im a rolex fan, and being a faithful one at it, i find it very difficult to pull myself out and explore other watches.
Heard that the bracelet will lose its gold over the years. Only mixed with zinc so any form of liquid contact will degrade the colour.

Sent from GAGT Android App

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haahah! cant even find in local rolex shops :s13:

Precision, Visiotime, Chuan Watch, HJ watch, JW Horological, are all very reputable pre-own watch dealers in Singapore...

Almost impossible to see them perform anything funny, because many of their clients trade watches with them frequently.
Many of their customers from regional countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam are very willing to fly into Singapore just to trade watches with them.

jeremy1, i would advise your friend to do more research about getting a pre-owned Rolex watch, especially one manufactured by Rolex to signify a milestone.

It will be good for your friend if he knows what are some special features of this Rolex 50th Anniversary MARK VI SUBMARINER Ref 16610LV- Z series with Certificate.

but I'm sure your friend has already done his homework on this piece of beauty.

I recommend him a lot of other brands but he still like this one as what he told me as it's still within his budget of $10K.

He is very noob in watch as this is his first Rolex. I guessed he is still looking out nowadays......................;)

I told him if you can afford a Rolex as your first watch, then go ahead as it's a really good brand to buy and keep as compared to others.................:)

Special Features ? :s8:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks but he only can afford 2nd hand..................:)

I believe the Pre-Own price from Precision Enterprise is alright as compare to others ?

I think my friend been poison by me too deep and he still love this very much as what he told me. He was wearing a $700 Seiko now and this will be a big upgrade for him.

I think Rolex watches prices only go up and never come down so if he don't get now, it may go up again ?

in fact, pricing is going up for almost everything, except for our salary =:p

well... the current selling price of Rolex watches in Rolex AD will be the pricing of pre-own rolex watches in a few years time.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend him a lot of other brands but he still like this one as what he told me as it's still within his budget of $10K.

He is very noob in watch as this is his first Rolex. I guessed he is still looking out nowadays......................;)

I told him if you can afford a Rolex as your first watch, then go ahead as it's a really good brand to buy and keep as compared to others.................:)

Special Features ? :s8:

Useful Rolex Knowledge | The Green GMT Hand - Premium Rolex Watches For Sale

^.^

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like he had the same taste as some of the watch experts here. He also told me he like this :

1045170d1365790503-i-envy-all-you-own-tudor-black-bay-tudor-heritage-black-bay.jpg

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard that the bracelet will lose its gold over the years. Only mixed with zinc so any form of liquid contact will degrade the colour.

I've never owned the gold models before (yet) but what I appreciate about Rolex is the QC is very tight in this aspect - they use their own steel in-house and also own a foundry to make their gold. Read somewhere that their Everose gold doesn't fade

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
I've never owned the gold models before (yet) but what I appreciate about Rolex is the QC is very tight in this aspect - they use their own steel in-house and also own a foundry to make their gold. Read somewhere that their Everose gold doesn't fade

Think our legendary Yatto kor kor ever owned a gold rolex before...:D maybe he will know..=:p

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My Yachtmaster Gold still OK. By the way, Rolex is using 18K solid gold as what I know.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Much better than my UN, till now still under servicing...................:o

soilwork

Reaction score
Hi all watch experts, just need some comments on below watch :

13641956181_897.jpg

PreOwn at $8699 from Precision Watch Enterprise here :
Precision Watch Enterprise :: Rolex 50th Anniversary MARK VI SUBMARINER Ref 16610LV- Z series with Certificate

My friend is interested and eyeing for this one, is it safe buying from this shop ?

Is the price OK ?

Thanks.

Hope you dont mind my opinion :)

The 16610lv was my first rollie. I traded it for the 116610LN

The ceramic bezel and the new clasp makes it damn worth the trade. I think 10k can get the newer subC no problem. Or maybe squeeze abit more for the 116610LV? :)

Last edited:

soilwork

Reaction score

The everose daytona is my grail for now :D

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Yachtmaster Gold still OK. By the way, Rolex is using 18K solid gold as what I know.
Ah maybe those were the olden days, i did some research and it seems rolex did some changes to the receipe of the everose gold in recent years.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A clean face would looked better on a Pam.

Can let me know where you get the strap ?

Thanks.
Most pam enthusiast would agree with you on a cleaner dial. I myself prefer a busier dial with seconds hand and even a power reserve indicator like the 423.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.