ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

andr3wyong

Master Member
Reaction score
I use wire connect to ONT speedtest about 920mb/s then through ac87u also wire only get 470mbps
Cable I checked .Anyone know the reason?

Update to latest firmware then reset to defaults.

Ensure IPv6 is disabled, Trend Micro disabled, QoS disabled, CTF level2 enabled.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Up for information if you on VQ 1Gbps and not getting this on ASUS RT-AC87U.

My viewqwest just upgraded to 1gb plan but I wire connect to ac87u only speedtest 460mb/s,

Without router pc direct wire to ONT can get 920mb/s.

The cable between ONT and ac87u changed 3 time still the same.

firmware also updated.

anyone can help me?

Do list down the various settings that you have applied on the ASUS RT-AC87U. So peeps can advise you accordingly like what ViewQwest Andr3wyong has posted some.

Update to latest firmware then reset to defaults.

Ensure IPv6 is disabled, Trend Micro disabled, QoS disabled, CTF level2 enabled.

ASUS RT-AC87U is more than capable of delivering 1Gbps VQ download/upload as shown on my speedtest results.

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score
is asus N66U able to support VQ 1Gbps? say setting like QoS disable?

thanks

Technically I have a N56U in office running at 880mbps... so yea.. should be fine, if you don't mind the full 1gbps thing, and okay with 800-ish or 800 odd.

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can provide a traceroute we could optimize the routing for you as much as possible

Hiya

I know this is a post many moons ago.

Bungie just got back to me saying they are unable to provide any tracing or IP information about their Destiny servers.

However, they have requested ViewQwest to contact them directly @ NetworkHelp7@bungie.com so that they can work with you guys on optimisation.

Could you do this?

Thanks!

andr3wyong

Master Member
Reaction score
Hiya

I know this is a post many moons ago.

Bungie just got back to me saying they are unable to provide any tracing or IP information about their Destiny servers.

However, they have requested ViewQwest to contact them directly @ NetworkHelp7@bungie.com so that they can work with you guys on optimisation.

Could you do this?

Thanks!

Yes we could contact them for you. Do you have an existing VQ case number?

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes we could contact them for you. Do you have an existing VQ case number?

VQ Case Number as in customer of VQ? Or Case Number as in Request No?
If it's the former, yes, I'm your customer.
If it's the latter, then no, my request was made here in the forum and you asked me for traceroute information :p

andr3wyong

Master Member
Reaction score
VQ Case Number as in customer of VQ? Or Case Number as in Request No?
If it's the former, yes, I'm your customer.
If it's the latter, then no, my request was made here in the forum and you asked me for traceroute information :p
Alright can you do me a favor and summarize the issue you are facing and drop an email to noc@viewqwest.com, along with the instruction to contact Bungie to optimize?

Just let NOC know as well it's a console game so you didn't pull out the traceroute, and that for any matters they can contact myself (just use my HWZ username haha)

That way they can capture this in a ticket and update you as the case progresses.

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright can you do me a favor and summarize the issue you are facing and drop an email to noc@viewqwest.com, along with the instruction to contact Bungie to optimize?

Just let NOC know as well it's a console game so you didn't pull out the traceroute, and that for any matters they can contact myself (just use my HWZ username haha)

That way they can capture this in a ticket and update you as the case progresses.

Done and done!

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my hands on another 2 sets of AC66U to spread WiFi around my flat (currently already have an AC68U from my purple contract).

After signing up for VQ, I get an option of ponying up $115 for an AC66U (before any SITEX promotion, right? *wink wink*).

ASUS's promotions for the AC66U at SITEX 2014 is meh (S$239 with some crappy free gift).

Lazada.sg has a listing selling the AC66U for S$225, but I don't know how reputable Lazada or that seller (Lazando) is.

Any one of you pros know a good place to grab an AC66U on the cheap? I don't mind a BNIB cast-off too :) :) :)

stanats

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm planning to replace my "old" N15u which was carried over from the rocket and did not buy a new one for VQ.

So I would like to ask for recommendations for a new router

- bang-for-buck
- dual channel
- good reception/signal
- ac-class

Thanks

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm planning to replace my "old" N15u which was carried over from the rocket and did not buy a new one for VQ.

So I would like to ask for recommendations for a new router

- bang-for-buck
- dual channel
- good reception/signal
- ac-class

Thanks

Like I always recommend, if that is all you need, can try hunt for the DIR models that SH gives for their broadband, a number of them available on HWZ garage sales at close to $100 price range. :s12::s12:

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my hands on another 2 sets of AC66U to spread WiFi around my flat (currently already have an AC68U from my purple contract).

After signing up for VQ, I get an option of ponying up $115 for an AC66U (before any SITEX promotion, right? *wink wink*).

ASUS's promotions for the AC66U at SITEX 2014 is meh (S$239 with some crappy free gift).

Lazada.sg has a listing selling the AC66U for S$225, but I don't know how reputable Lazada or that seller (Lazando) is.

Any one of you pros know a good place to grab an AC66U on the cheap? I don't mind a BNIB cast-off too :) :) :)

Find a friend who is a M1 Fiber user, get him to do a purchase on AC87U straight at $289 cheaper what :p AC68U would be $229.

Just don't go M1 thread there find and say is I intro one =:p

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Reaction score
Find a friend who is a M1 Fiber user, get him to do a purchase on AC87U straight at $289 cheaper what :p AC68U would be $229.

Just don't go M1 thread there find and say is I intro one =:p

If I had an excuse to get the AC87U I'd be all over it =:p

But the price delta is a little too much considering that I still have to to pay ~$90k in renovation, furnishings, electronics and what not ... so I have to penny-pinch here and there :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.