ASUS X550JK or Gigabyte P15F?

DTWLee

Reaction score
Hi,

Am considering the 2 models below. Appreciate advice on which is better model.

X550JK-0048 $1398
i7-4710HQ/8GB/1TB/GTX850M 4GB/15.6" FHD/DVDRW/2.45kg/Win 8.1

gigbyte p15fv2 $1499
i7-4710MQ/ 8gb ram/ GTX850M 2GB DDR3/ 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD/ 15.6" FHD/DVDRW/2.5kg/Win 8.1

Thanks!

xXshad0wXx

Reaction score
obvious choice! i'd pick the gigabyte p15F. it has an ssd which is much faster than hdd at only 100 dollars more

johntan90

Reaction score
gigabytes the better choice. 128gb ssd for only $100 more worth the price. if you bring the asus to add in ssd it for sure will cost you more than $100 plus the service charge

k0g3pAn

Reaction score
Don't even need to compare and is a no brainer to get the Gigabyte model.

Disclaimer first. I am a big fan of Gigabyte gaming laptop. But i am also a fan of Asus desktop mobo and gpu but not their laptop. thats about it.

If i am not wrong, the Asus model wasn't even build as a gaming laptop in the first place. is more of a consumer laptop. There are many brands who build consumer laptop and put in a gaming gpu, but that does not make them a gaming laptop. Take Acer as an example, there's a reason why no one here discuss much abt their laptop despite them having laptop with good specs and even gaming gpu at an affordable price.

A gaming gpu set themselves apart from mainstream laptop by its chassics design and cooling system. Gaming laptop are designed in mind for optimum airflow and either bigger cooling fans or fans that spin at higher RPM or even both. Gigabyte gaming laptops even have software for gamers to override the system for manual fan control and you can permanently set the fan speed to spin at max if you don't mind the noise.

also if i am not wrong, the asus model only has 1 ram slot while gigabyte has 2 ram slots for you to upgrade. correct me if i am wrong for this point.

finally, as what bros has mentioned here, SSD. no need to explain much.

one more point, asus service centre at some god forsaken place, gigabyte is located centrally at penisular plaza if not wrong.

johntan90

Reaction score
yes bro just go for gigabyte more value for money. and it is a gaming laptop asus model is more for consumer use

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.