EDMW Knife Collectors

desmond91

Reaction score
I thought you meant the officers sword from your original post. If you're referring to those SOG knives, there are always guys who like them. You can list them in the marketplace here or any forum (you need to have gold membership to sell on the US/foreign knife forums) but you won't get any premium just because they're in a glass case or what they commemorate AFAIK.

I'm not sure what model of SOG knives that you have, perhaps a picture would help. You can look up knifecenter to see how much it sells for from one of the cheapest knife dealers or ebay. You'll have to then price it accordingly to cater for demand, condition, etc etc.

ps: I owned a mini seal pup in my younger days, haha....but have since moved on to more utility oriented blades.

hahas chey i tot how come SOG also need to treasure it..

erm this

SAF-Standard-Issue-0.8463.MW3.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
The valloton is an auto, no? It's bug and bulky tho, not something easily pocketable. My critique of spydercos is really the clip. It's ugly and it sticks out too much. Their wire clips are better. Why. Ant designers, makers, manufacturers design better clips? ��

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Good morning knife people ;)

Xmas is coming - I have a couple more items to let go to good homes, at good prices - this old man needs to free up cash for Xmas gifts for a few kids (including a big kid who needs some artwork :s13:).

I've posted the specs and pics before, but they are:

1. Kifaru x-ray pack USD500 via paypal(excellent-like new)
2. Poltergeistworks 3201 folder USD675 via paypal [comes with cert, and I'm including free zippered pouch and a copper SteelFlame dogtag - these are expensive;)](excellent condition, only minor scratches on clip)
3. ZT801 folder USD212 via paypal (NIB)
4. an incoming beautiful puukko with mammoth, ballbearing damascus and a new beautiful leather sheath USD265 via paypal (NIB, coming soon from the maker who made a new leather sheath for me)
5. Limited run midtech Brad Southard Avo to the right home (I can be persuaded and I'm not asking for much either). These were available via lottery, total of 200 IIRC (NIB) :)

All prices are nett to me, so add 5% for paypal fees. I prefer paypal but if you want to do local SGD cash sale we can talk.

Last edited:

hobcraz

Reaction score
Hi All

Beside
Knifecenter (pissed me because knife got scratch but they act blur never reply),
knifeworks (poor review mentioned from other forum - haven't try), Knifesupply (email them enquiries no reply- this already shows no support), ebay, amazon.. Any other direct knife online shop to go for that ship to SG?

Thanks

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Beside
Knifecenter (pissed me because knife got scratch but they act blur never reply),
knifeworks (poor review mentioned from other forum - haven't try), Knifesupply (email them enquiries no reply- this already shows no support), ebay, amazon.. Any other direct knife online shop to go for that ship to SG?

Thanks

newgraham, cutleryshoppe. what knife are you looking for? actually most will ship to SG, it's just that they use express shipping which cost quite a bit (so you should consolidate a few knives but under the taxable amount). For folders, you can always use forwarders.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Beside

Thanks
this thread old post also got bad feedback about knifeworks. seems like they like to take advantages of overseas buyers.:s22:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
this thread old post also got bad feedback about knifeworks. seems like they like to take advantages of overseas buyers.:s22:

Overseas buyers are typically at the short end of the stick. It costs too much to ship and re ship so most sellers try and avoid going the extra mile. Plus overseas buyers cannot avail themselves to local consumer laws and are less likely to dispute in public. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Especially when you're loking for bargain basement prices. I have stuck with the standard dealers and there's been a percentage of lemons as well.

hobcraz

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks guys for the assist to help me crave it with wider knowledge.:s12:

Btw, I have done polishing the 801 one side after diamond polish the scratches. most probably has to take out the whole elmax blade. doing bit by bit (patience), otherwise ruin this hot model.

No choice to turn into a project piece. Eyesore to see the unusual scratch (not user scratch loh)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks guys for the assist to help me crave it with wider knowledge.:s12:

Btw, I have done polishing the 801 one side after diamond polish the scratches. most probably has to take out the whole elmax blade. doing bit by bit (patience), otherwise ruin this hot model.

No choice to turn into a project piece. Eyesore to see the unusual scratch (not user scratch loh)

Got pic? Stonewashed finish still shows the scratch?

hobcraz

Reaction score
Got pic? Stonewashed finish still shows the scratch?

Bro PM me your hp to whats app... Not enough pot count lah...

The stone wash actually is like a coat, it can push polished away. What showed out is actually polished micro dimples surfaces. Don't seems like grind it down to shape. I suspect its molded out.

I will not grind myself. no Skill. may hurt the heat treatment.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro PM me your hp to whats app... Not enough pot count lah...

The stone wash actually is like a coat, it can push polished away. What showed out is actually polished micro dimples surfaces. Don't seems like grind it down to shape. I suspect its molded out.

I will not grind myself. no Skill. may hurt the heat treatment.

You mean worry will temper the steel?

I dun see hurt wat heat treatment. you not going to run it super hot also mah...

phrozact

Reaction score
I ordered the Reate Hills on 24-Nov and received it today. It's actually pretty nice, the action is very smooth, although I'm not sure if the strong-ish detent has anything to do with it. But I can easily shake the knife close after disengaging the framelock (which as a steel insert) if that's any indication. Fit and finish is nice too!

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Great pics, looks good. Where did you order from and how much? I wish that model had m390 as a blade steel! ��

phrozact

Reaction score
Great pics, looks good. Where did you order from and how much? I wish that model had m390 as a blade steel! ��
Thanks! I think you can have it customised to a limited extent, choosing blade steel might not be an option but no harm asking I guess. From what I've seen you can request for specific colour anodizing at least.

With regards to ordering, I reached out to sales@reateknives.com, paid USD 205 via PayPal which includes PayPal charges and shipping.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
As part of my Xmas fund raising, I'm listing this Stuart Harvey Puukko is up for sale. It has a true scandi ground 'smashed' ball bearing damascus blade and mammoth ivory collar + brown mallee handle. Stuart refinished the knife and made an awesome brand new leather sheath with his beautiful pearl stitching that gives a nice click when the knife is inserted. This needs a new home. The knife is presently with Stuart and the pics are courtesy of him.

I'm pricing it very reasonably at only SGD350 or USD265 shipped to you, paypal nett of fees. This is a true custom handmade knife.

DSC_3698_zps3eb81a0f.jpg

DSC_3687_zps7af9f519.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.